• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2024 is starting

Sephimoth

That's these folks right?

UmxHNyY.jpeg

Last edited:
A few years ago during one of the events, the chat was spamming "Trans Rights" and I asked "What rights do trans people not have that we are supporting" and received a permanent ban. I even appealed the ban after waiting the required couple month period saying that I have donated in the past, I am not anti-trans at all, nor did I say anything remotely offensive, I was asking a genuine question. My appeal was rejected lol haven't watched it since.

Last edited:

Dthomp

Love tuning in to see a 400 pd dude calling himself a woman in a fucking custom giant tails outfit playing a furry game that likely has 2 speed runners. They’ve gone way too far the wrong way with this shit and only inviting the crazies that are all friends with them instead of good runners who can captivate an audience

Soodanim

A few years ago during one of the events, the chat was spamming "Trans Rights" and I asked "What rights do trans people not have that we are supporting" and received a permanent ban. I even appealed the ban after waiting the required couple month period saying that I have donated in the past, I am not anti-trans at all, nor did I say anything remotely offensive, I was asking a genuine question. My appeal was rejected lol haven't watched it since.
That militant mentality treats everything like it's a war, something you can tell by the language they use. Ally? Cool, you're safe. But there's no such thing as neutral, you're either with or against in war. And what's the antonym of ally? Enemy.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Love tuning in to see a 400 pd dude calling himself a woman in a fucking custom giant tails outfit playing a furry game that likely has 2 speed runners. They’ve gone way too far the wrong way with this shit and only inviting the crazies that are all friends with them instead of good runners who can captivate an audience
Unfortunately it turned out that, after helping raising a couple million dollars for charity, a young man on the spectrum who spends his days playing the same video game over and over is still a young man that will have a hard time being around people and getting into relationships. I believe it’s absolutely intentional that these events used to be hosted by a handful of socially skilled guys with moderately good looks and Chad voices. Nobody could have endured the show before otherwise, when it was almost all male nerds.

The percentage of speedrunners who have transitioned or have started “identifying” as women in the last decade is absolutely off the charts. This can’t be a coincidence.

SJRB

Gold Member
Just turned the stream on and this is what I’m greeted with in the chat…

uRJbe6b.jpg

Terminator GIF

The whole event has this vibe, unfortunately.

It's just straight up uncomfortable to watch. I'm watching the games but the interviews, the intermissions, the pronouns stuff, the cringe politically correct donations, the ultra high autism-tier commentary and quite often scripted / rehearsed commentary; everything makes me feel uneasy. I don't want to be associated with these people.

AGDQ was something truly amazing back when they were fringe and before they raked in millions. Just a bunch of people in some rathole hotel trying to speedrun games. That one year where they got an insane amount of donations and suddenly everyone started to take notice, it was over. The entire event was hijacked by THE MESSAGE within a year.

Last edited:

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
You can tell a fair bit about the crowd from how many people are still wearing masks. Maybe I spent too much time in the PNW. Amusingly, right now there are three people in the audience like 50 feet apart from each other, and all with masks.

I've popped in a couple times during the day to see if anything interesting is happening. I don't know if I lost interest or if the event itself is actually more boring (weirdos aside), but it's a bit of a snooze.

FunkMiller

You can tell a fair bit about the crowd from how many people are still wearing masks. Maybe I spent too much time in the PNW. Amusingly, right now there are three people in the audience like 50 feet apart from each other, and all with masks.

They have as little grasp on scientific reality as the idiots who were all running around during the pandemic complaining about vaccines and having to wear a mask.

Covid is now endemic. It's also little more than a dose of the flu now - thanks to the fucking vaccines and the build up of natural immunity.

It's comprehensively fucking idiotic to still be wearing masks just for covid. You might as well be wearing one for every virus that human beings can catch - which is fair enough, but these idiots aren't worried about a head cold or flu, are they?

SJRB

Gold Member
> open stream because I'm on break
> of course there's downtime
> hear the announcer talk about a donation incentive for something called trans pride
> chat spams all kinds of trans flags emojis
> finally someone plays a game
> community can choose name of game character
> "It's TRANS PRIDE, all capital"

giphy.gif

I just want to see some guys play some videogames, man.

Kenpachii

I wonder why there are so many Transexual speedrunners, I'm genuinley interested in knowing

Because the normal ones left ages ago, because they either got harassed out of it as they didn't agree with there SJW stances or left by themselves. This is also why the event is camped with 10th rate speedrunners or endless speedruns of nitch catagory's where only 1-2 people speedrun a game.

It's basically resetera the event, a bunch of SJW took over the show, and started to do purity tests with everybody until they had nothing left then other more extreme SJW people and they started to go even after donationers / twitch streamers / speed runners until they are fall in line with there purity test.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

> hear the announcer talk about a donation incentive for something called trans pride

giphy.gif

Waiting on HAMAS RULEZ ...all capitals.

Toots

Gold Member

giphy.gif

88Fqbs5.jpg

You can't handle their truth

Last edited:
Top Bottom