• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avatar Game From Ubisoft Massive Team Still In The Works.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

During a recent preview event for the aforementioned The Division 2: Warlords of New York in San Francisco, Screen Rant had the opportunity to speak with Jesper Karabanov, a producer at Ubisoft Massive, about the team's Avatar title. When asked if the game was still in development, Karabanov stated, "Yes, but I can't speak about it. I can't talk about it."

GymWolf

It's gonna be ready for the launch of avatar 2 film...not that i give any fuck about avatar saga...

sinnergy

I only heard about the first mediocre movie, never really saw it...
How would you know it’s mediocre ? If you haven’t seen it 🤣 It made more than 2 billion US dollars in its life time . Only few movies made that much. I think it’s not that mediocre.

Last edited:

GymWolf

How would you know it’s mediocre ? If you haven’t seen it 🤣 It made more than 2 billion US dollars in its life time . Only few movies made that much. I think it’s not that mediocre.
Becaude i heard comments from friend that i trust maybe?
Also making money is a false equivalence, fortnite make money, the new star wars trilogy makes money, call of duty makes money, the kardashian makes money, billie fish eyelish make money, pokemon makes money, animal fucking crossong makes money...do i have to continue or i do i have a point?

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
So much bullshit.

I'm not a fan of the movie myself, but Avatar is the only movie that was worth to see in 3D. It was a huge step forward for the technology and it's still unsurpassed. Story was meh, your typical Pocahontas stuff, but not that bad.

sinnergy

Becaude i heard comments from friend that i trust maybe?
Also making money is a false equivalence, fortnite make money, the new star wars trilogy makes money, call of duty makes money, the kardashian makes money, billie fish eyelish make money, pokemon makes money, animal fucking crossong makes money...do i have to continue or i do i have a point?
No point at all, because it’s better to form your own opinion to judge if something is bad/mediocre or good. Instead to listen to others. I’ll suggest watching it.

what the other disliked you might like and the other way around.

VN1X

Banned
Really curious about this. They've been working on this forever but I suspect it's been put on hold ever since Cameron kept pushing back the sequel films. There's no incentive to release this game any time soon and so I wonder how well it will hold up, visually, in 2021/2022.

Would love to explore Pandora in 4k/60 though. Fingers crossed.

The 2009 Avatar game was pretty good. Really fun hardware in the human campaign. Beautiful game too, same engine as the Far Cry games.

Myths

I only heard about the first mediocre movie, never really saw it...

While it obviously won’t match its film’s budget, there were games looking far better a decade or so ago than this. Something about the game seems to have been a missed opportunity overall.

I’m sure this new one will be a massive leap over the first.

Top Bottom