• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus will present Yakuza 0 at E3

_Ryo_

Just to think, not too long ago Yakuza was just about dead in the west. Now it's coming back with a vengeance.and if all goes well, Yakuza Ishin and 6 will be localized too.

Still, I have yet to complete Yakuza 1 on ps2.... :/

soheil

I think this is because Sega Of America is still busy moving from San Francisco to Southern California. Yakuza will be at Atlus booth this year but Sega will publish it.

Also Sega Of Europe is there for Sega game instead of Sega Of America which is aslo because of SOA moving to California.

I wonder which will publish Persona 5?

Jimrpg

...And I hope they announce Kiwami at E3.
Then announce Yakuza 6 at PSX.

PLEASE!

Literally the only reason im hanging on to my PS4 now and Persona 5. I know Y6 will still look decent on the PS4 considering its all on the same engine and they are running at 1080/60.

Clov

With everything I've been hearing lately, does this mean that Sega and Atlus' localization divisions have become one? Or are they still "separate", with Sega just using Atlus' distribution?

Menitta

This might be a dumb question, but does the fact that Yakuza Kiwami is a remake help its chances of localization?

SScorpio

Awesome. The one I really want is Yakuza Kiwami.

To have the first game with Japanese VO?? A dream

The first game's dub was fine. Hearing Mark Hamill drop F bombs was great.

Japanese audio isn't always better, but if you don't speak the language you don't catch how awkward it is at times.

This might be a dumb question, but does the fact that Yakuza Kiwami is a remake help its chances of localization?

One would think, but the HD versions of Yakuza 1 & 2 weren't localized (despite it having english subs, iirc).

Kiwami has a lot of new stuff in it that would require more translation.

Fodder76

IDG the extra hype for this...

I mean, isn't it just Sega saving money by getting Atlus to promote their stuff at E3?

The fact that a Yakuza game is being shown at E3 at all is what has me excited. I don't care who shows it. I'm not sure one has ever been playable on the floor at E3 before.

Atlus bringing all my most anticipated games to E3!

kiryogi

Banned

Japanese audio isn't always better, but if you don't speak the language you don't catch how awkward it is at times.

This is true, but Yakuza's acting is anything but awkward. :p

Cool beans, I'm always happy to see Yakuza get some of the limelight. I'd even like to see 0 (and 6) at Sony's presser, but they won't devote stage time to it at E3. PSX sure, but not E3.

bought

I only made it to chapter 1, part 3 in Yakuza 5 after spending 20 hours doing the taxi storyline

fuk

Are you me ? I need to finish Y5 ASAP

The original Japanese dub , is top notch , from quality actors and quality direction.
You just can't dismiss the voice direction the yakuza games have.
F bombs were actually the worse thing you could do while translating that dialog , you missed all the subtle thing about the characters that way

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Have had my eye on the yakuza series for ages, my first game will be Yakuza Zero :

Atlus bringing Persona 5 and Yakuza. God have mercy on me at E3

Finished the import version and if you like Yakuza, you have every reason to be excited. It doesn't change much from the other entries though - Yakuza 6 is the first one in ages to mix stuff up.

Oh, and that dancing minigame is SO. GOOD.

At least Sega has told Europe they're getting this game. We already know it is 2017 so I guess they'll just be showing it off a bit.

Waiting on Apocalypse Sega.
The game, not the season the game will actually come out in

Finished the import version and if you like Yakuza, you have every reason to be excited. It doesn't change much from the other entries though - Yakuza 6 is the first one in ages to mix stuff up.

Oh, and that dancing minigame is SO. GOOD.

I've only played the Asian demo but I can say that this statement isn't entirely true. The styles in Yakuza 0 are so well done and a pretty big improvement over what we got in the past.

Not to mention that Yakuza 0 is already out in Japan and Persona 5 is releasing on the day TGS 2016 starts.
Exactly. They need to get some spotlight on international stages.

I mean, it's not a surprise, I'm just glad it will be shown at E3. Here's hoping that Kiwami and 6 follow shortly after.

I think this is because Sega Of America is still busy moving from San Francisco to Southern California. Yakuza will be at Atlus booth this year but Sega will publish it.

Also Sega Of Europe is there for Sega game instead of Sega Of America which is aslo because of SOA moving to California.

I wonder which will publish Persona 5?

They've already finished moving since last year, and they finished full integration a few weeks ago.

Menitta

Part of me will be really upset if Ishin gets localized. I just bought the japanese version at Magfest. I'd buy it again and I'd be excited but still...

I hope Kiwami gets localized. I've never played the first one and it's hard to find.

MacTag

Banned
Hasn't Atlus been working behind the scenes of Sega localizations for awhile now? I thought they were on the more recent Miku games and 3DS JRPGs for example?

Clov

Hasn't Atlus been working behind the scenes of Sega localizations for awhile now? I thought they were on the more recent Miku games and 3DS JRPGs for example?

I'm curious about this as well. How long has Atlus been working on Sega projects? For example, was Project Mirai DX a Sega localization, or an Atlus one?

SScorpio

The original Japanese dub , is top notch , from quality actors and quality direction.
You just can't dismiss the voice direction the yakuza games have.
F bombs were actually the worse thing you could do while translating that dialog , you missed all the subtle thing about the characters that way

For the majority of the players playing the release, they would never notice a difference. They would hear people speaking Japanese which they can't understand. And then read the subtitles which would have been the same translation that the dub was based on.

The F bombs also worked extremely well as Mark Hamill's delivery was amazing. Of course he just does an amazing job whenever he is giving and insane character. I can't really think of a voice actor I'd rather have voicing Majima ran the same one who also made the Joker so chilling.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Do I gotta now worry about needless edits and cut content? Y3 was a wreck because of it but 4 was a return to form. Dunno about DS or 5 since I haven't played or followed 'em but I haven't noticed any backlask threads for 'em.

For the majority of the players playing the release, they would never notice a difference. They would hear people speaking Japanese which they can't understand. And then read the subtitles which would have been the same translation that the dub was based on.

The F bombs also worked extremely well as Mark Hamill's delivery was amazing. Of course he just does an amazing job whenever he is giving and insane character. I can't really think of a voice actor I'd rather have voicing Majima ran the same one who also made the Joker so chilling.

ok

Let's still get the japanese dub

When they announced a world wide release, it got quite a bit of attention still. But I bet they'll up the release date if they are talking about it at e3

Still not the same. Having an actual presence in a big conference like Sony's would make a way bigger impact than announcing a release window and having one news or two on few gaming related websites.

orochi91

I don't understand.

Is Atlus holding its own conference?

Where exactly are these games going to be announced and presented?

Edit: What Flux said.

(Though I'm personally hoping Persona 5 has PV#05 debuted at the Sony Presser. It's probably a long shot, sadly.)

Zukkoyaki

I don't understand.

Is Atlus holding its own conference?

Where exactly are these games going to be announced and presented?
They will either appear on stage during one of the conferences, be playable on the floor, have new trailers running on the floor, have behind curtain demos, or some combination of all of them.

m4st4

Persona 5 and Yakuza 0 - both will be my first entries into these series; please ATLUS, show Europe some love!

Top Bottom