• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atari is celebrating its 50th anniversary by combining NFTs with lootboxes.

Bartski

Gold Member
Justin Timberlake What GIF

They should be working to put the VCS as an alternative to other emulation devices instead of coming up with what no one asked for.

Teslerum

Atari is literary a trademark that gets thrown around.

Celebrating any kind of *50th anniversary* is mental in the first place.

manfestival

it is kinda funny how every week there is another name in gaming getting into NFTs and then immediately backtracking from the backlash that is inevitable at this point.

Lognor

Banned
Every company will run the numbers and offer you a rate of 1/10 of what your work is actually worth. They have much more data than you so refuse to be exploited and just fucking do real work.
I'm not saying I'm going to get rich (lol), but I've been making money selling nfts to fools for the past year. I bought a Tom Brady nft on Draftkings and resold it in 5 minutes for a $300 profit. I like easy money.

MiguelItUp

Man, I can't wait for NFTs to pass out of existence. It's so stupid. From people making money off clipart style "art" to people literally just creating and selling colors. God, why? Lmao.

CeeJay

Atari, hope you don't mind if I decline your offer to "celebrate" your Birthday. I am sure Nolan Bushnell will be so proud of what has become of his baby.

Lognor

Banned
This went live today. I was gonna grab one but they are charging 0.1 eth. That's like $250 I think. Lol get fucked

Did they even get that damned New Atari VCS off the ground? What the hell are they doing pulling a stunt like this after that fiasco?

Top Bottom