• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Nexus VR - Official Gameplay Trailer Released

Draugoth

Gold Member

Get re-introaduced to Assassin's Creed Nexus VR through this new gameplay trailer, which shows off a bit of each of the first-person assassination game's three protagonists: Ezio (Assassin's Creed II), Connor (Assassin's Creed 3), and Kassandra (Assassin's Creed Odyssey). Assassin's Creed Nexus will be released for Meta Quest devices on November 16.

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
You know it's gonna suck balls when they need to ressurect Ezio from the dead.

Frustrated World Cup GIF

Last edited:

Romulus

It looks like it might be decent, but the most surprising element to me is the visuals. That's running on mobile hardware at a high framerate with a pretty large city area. Probably Quest 3 footage, which is pretty exciting for the future.

Romulus

I never liked this franchise, but might try it in VR for the environments.

When will we start getting ads with Quest 3 graphics?

You're probably looking at Quest 3 footage. It says at the bottom in small print something like "visuals will vary depending on the device." There are only 3 devices and Quest 3 is the most powerful. I think it'll be on Quest pro but its not as powerful.

Last edited:

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
Huh???? I personally felt that Vahalla was the worst. Odyssey's setting was at least nice to explore. I don't even remember the characters name's they were so boring.
Whats wrong with Odyssey? Most people enjoyed it more than Valhalla.

Odyssey was the jumping the shark moment for me.

Valhalla is bad, but its just a continuation of what Odyssey brought. Plus I care more about the history and setting of ancient Greece than I do the age of the vikings, so every thing they got wrong irked me a lot more than with Valhalla.

Last edited:
Odyssey was the jumping the shark moment.

Valhalla is bad, but its just a continuation of what Odyssey brought.
Dunno. I thought Kassandra was pretty good in AC Odyssey and I loved the Greek setting. It was a tad bloated and had some weird level scaling issues, but it was quite an enjoyable game across the board for the most part for me. Far better than AC Syndicate or AC Unity.

Crayon

That's what we call a 'vraf' game. As in, specially made. Not neccesarily a good or bad thing, but my favorites are largely conversions of flat games.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Me: Finally a game that will be free to do whatever I want!!!!

Assassins creed VR: You are penalized indefinitely for hitting a civilian!!! That takes away more health.

Me: 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Wonko_C

I'm guessing it'll be a budget 4-hour game made of a dozen linear missions on closed, self-contained levels. It's what we keep getting again and again and after getting disappointed so many times I've learned to expect the bare minimum.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Fuck me you know what, it IS the best AC.

It was so nerve-racking to achieve the 100% happy ending. Played as Alexios and he was great in that game unlike most people trying to make out of him. The black side missions felt like main missions as well. It was the first game to exceed The Witcher 3 in my best games ever. Music was majestic as well, and teared a lot along that amazing journey. To me, it was the complete package, and not forgetting the naval and land wars, but nothing to do with the name "Assassin" as a concept.

Wonderful mix of humor, seriousness, and drama. Still one of my best games ever. Explored everything as usual with AC games + DLC's.

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

It was so nerve-racking to achieve the 100% happy ending. Played as Alexios and he was great in that game unlike most people trying to make out of him. The black side missions felt like main missions as well. It was the first game to exceed The Witcher 3 in my best games ever. Music was majestic as well, and teared a lot along that amazing journey. To me, it was the complete package, and not forgetting the naval and land wars, but nothing to do with the name "Assassin" as a concept.

Wonderful mix of humor, seriousness, and drama. Still one of my best games ever. Explored everything as usual with AC games + DLC's.
Also played Alexios, he is the canon character in my head. I need to go back and finish the atlantis DLC. I did almost everything in that game.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Also played Alexios, he is the canon character in my head. I need to go back and finish the atlantis DLC. I did almost everything in that game.

I even tried Odyssey for a bit after the PS5 update to compare it to Valhalla, and yes it plays way better. The lore was just perfect for the game, the acting was wonderful as well. I really don't understand where all this hate comes from.

I think I've spent more than 500hrs on that game (including DLC's + exploration).

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Connor. Could it not have been either parent? He is fucking boring as fuck and his Charles Lee lines are seared in my mind.

AC4 is best game. The Parting Glass I'd a great choice at the end.

Fahdis

Bo I have a 100% on it as well. And I can tell you, your experience is completely opposite to mine. Outside of looking for places of antiquity to phase my hunger the whole game was bloat dialed to a 100. The copy pasta small camps were the worst of all and the whole mercenary system was flawed as shit.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Looks pretty good actually. That jumping off shit to assassinate people is going to fuck some people up.

SJRB

Gold Member
Rebecca and Shawn voice actors are on the Ubi payroll for what, 20 years now?

Kinda amazing, actually.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Bo I have a 100% on it as well. And I can tell you, your experience is completely opposite to mine. Outside of looking for places of antiquity to phase my hunger the whole game was bloat dialed to a 100. The copy pasta small camps were the worst of all and the whole mercenary system was flawed as shit.

I enjoyed the whole journey, and the story was very satisfying. But seems like we hold the extreme opposite ends of satisfactory. Very interesting.

Wonko_C

Looks pretty good actually. That jumping off shit to assassinate people is going to fuck some people up.
Kinda wish it fucked me up, LOL. To me it doesn't make a difference than watching it on a screen, I get no thrills either way.

hlm666

Kinda wish it fucked me up, LOL. To me it doesn't make a difference than watching it on a screen, I get no thrills either way.
Have you tried when drunk? Myself and a friend got pretty fucked up using VR drunk one night, neither of us have tried it since and never had motion sickness using a modern VR device sober. I did get messed up with a few bad dk2 experiences back in the day.

Wonko_C

Have you tried when drunk? Myself and a friend got pretty fucked up using VR drunk one night, neither of us have tried it since and never had motion sickness using a modern VR device sober. I did get messed up with a few bad dk2 experiences back in the day.
I don't do alcohol nor smokes/drugs.
If you're talking about motion sickness I still get that from time to time when my room is not cooled enough to play. What I mean is I want to feel like I am really falling, it all still looks to me like the screen is just quickly scrolling upwards. Maybe a headset with FOV closer to real life could fix that, Is what I'm guessing. I'd like to try a Pimax some day.

Last edited:

hlm666

I don't do alcohol nor smokes/drugs.
Your not leaving me much to work with here. What about mushrooms, we can just pretend it's vegan night and mushies are the protein. Just make sure you pick the right ones.

I'm not serious, I don't do drugs/vapes/smokes either.

Top Bottom