• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Asobo Studio Hints at Third A Plague Tale Game with Recent Job Listings

Draugoth

Gold Member
a-plague-tale-requiem-amicia-de-rune-1024x576.jpg
French game developer Asobo Studio has recently posted multiple job listings that possibly indicate the development of a new installment in the A Plague Tale series. According to a recent announcement on Asobo Studio’s LinkedIn page, the studio is actively seeking professionals, including a VFX Artist, Senior Game Designer, Senior AI Programmer, and Senior Gameplay Animator, specifically for the Plague Team.
Since the job listings have just been posted, it is possible that the development of a new A Plague Tale game is still in its early stages. However, Asobo Studio has yet to make an official announcement, confirming a new A Plague Tale game in development.

Last edited:

Aion002

Cool.

Hopefully it will have better and more combat mechanics, even a new set of characters with a different play style.

Amicia was great in the first game, but doing the same stuff on the sequel got close to too repetitive for me.

I wish that the game got more emphasis on controlling the macula, maybe this sequel will have a new carrier as the playable main character and Amicia will be like a mentor or something.

Anyway , I am hoping for the best.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Please, I can only take so much bummer endings. Make something more upbeat.

radewagon

MS needs to buy Asobo Studio
What did Asobo ever do to you?

More on topic... I think that the game ended pretty conclusively. I wouldn't mind a new title, but if it was released I'd like to see it take on a more modern setting. It would be crazy seeing them take on something like the Spanish Flu, the AIDS epidemic, or even Covid as being part of their alternate infection universe. They could even make the game take place in two timelines. One where you play as Amicia in order to prepare the McGuffins that the modern-day character would need in order to succeed.

oji-san

Banned
Please yes. Requiem was fantastic and ending was powerful and couldn't be other way as what happened in the second game.
Now we had that after credits ending and i can't wait to see what they make of it.

Lupin25

They’d have to make much bigger improvements for me to want another.
A new IP, with largely a different tone/setting would be nice.

Top Bottom