• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Army of Two - New amazing Scans!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I still don`t get how HDR is `innovative.` Could someone explain that to me, please?

Russ

Banned
Looks good, but the scans are a bit poor quality. It makes the testures look all blurry. Unless.... :lol

DMczaf

81405_army6_410lo.jpg

Forklifts are back, they're back baby!

Russ

Banned
TheTrin said:
I still don`t get how HDR is `innovative.` Could someone explain that to me, please?

It looks pretty, especially in Madden 2007. Who said it's innovatice? Whoever said that should be shot DEAD.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Russ said:
It looks pretty, especially in Madden 2007. Who said it's innovatice? Whoever said that should be shot DEAD.

The dev team said that...

I`ll try to find the original text.

Russ

Banned
TheTrin said:
The dev team said that...

I`ll try to find the original text.

Then they will perish very soon.

But honestly, does anyone give a shit? I don't and I think that has very little to do with anything besides killing this thread. :)

thetrin

Russ said:

But honestly, does anyone give a shit? I don't and I think that has very little to do with anything besides killing this thread. :)

Just thought I`d put it out there. :)

Anyway, the game looks pretty okay to me. It doesn`t particularly catch me, gameplay or art style wise. It certainly is pretty, though.

Russ

Banned
TheTrin said:
Just thought I`d put it out there. :)

Anyway, the game looks pretty okay to me. It doesn`t particularly catch me, gameplay or art style wise. It certainly is pretty, though.

K bye.

Russ said:

The use of "innovation" is overall staturated and abused to the point I don't give a damn because it barely means anything to me anymore and only point to the main thing that matters most....is the game good?

This game is sure pretty.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Man **** what you heard, I'm seriously thinking this game will look as good as Crysis.

Anybody with me?

thetrin

mckmas8808 said:
Come on guys why not? Do you not see the beautiful lighting in this game?

How does that make the game worth buying? Last I checked, we played games, not watched them.

Pastry

Banned
mckmas8808 said:
Come on guys why not? Do you not see the beautiful lighting in this game?

Indeed... the lighting. This is clearly leaps and bounds ahead of whatever Crysis will achieve.

TheTrin said:
How does that make the game worth buying? Last I checked, we played games, not watched them.

Er, who's arguing that in a thread of screenshots? We're talking comparitives visuals here.

And we do watch them to play them. :p

J2 Cool

DMczaf said:
81405_army6_410lo.jpg

Forklifts are back, they're back baby!

:lol Somebody really needs to implement a film grain overlay on their game. It made MGS4's Otacon shot and some early Ghost Recon footage look incredible upon first viewing, as well as this. Not to say those games didn't look good without it, but they lost a bit of what the grain added.

Max@GC

Weren't these shots in EGM? Or am I remembering wrong...

Nope, theyre from the German mag Play a cool PlayStation mag...the current EGM has stories about Mass Effect, NBA Street V4, Splinter Cell Double Agent etc....

thetrin

HomerSimpson-Man said:
Er, who's arguing that in a thread of screenshots? We're talking comparitives visuals here.

And we do watch them to play them. :p

I play games with my eyes closed. I have that much of a zen like connection to my games!

OatmealMu

Max@GC said:
Nope, theyre from the German mag Play a cool PlayStation mag...the current EGM has stories about Mass Effect, NBA Street V4, Splinter Cell Double Agent etc....

I must be an issue behind. Anyway, there are similar shots in the preview issue they sent out a while back. In fact, they're so similar that it looks like they moved the camera a bit and took another screenshot.

Max@GC

OatmealMu said:
I must be an issue behind. Anyway, there are similar shots in the preview issue they sent out a while back. In fact, they're so similar that it looks like they moved the camera a bit and took another screenshot.

Yup, the top 50 of the new games coming so far...maybe they should show us some shots from a different setting.

Mmmkay

Question... I a magazine, say PSM3 UK, did a special feature on Army of Two with many of these screenshots and more and were kind enough to place the 720p source images on the cover disc am I allowed to upload and post them?

Mmmkay

Okay, I figure since these are not actually scans and are publisher sourced images, it is just the same scenario as Gamespot getting exclusivity to cover a game and someone posting those screenshots here. A couple of them were in 1920x1080 but because they looked as if they had been stretched to that resolution I resized them to 720p.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Just the idea of assaulting and sinking an aircraft carrier gives me a raging hard on. I also love the character design and the lighting. Actually this is the first EA game that appeals to me in a looong time.

Symytry

Looks disgusting. Everything is brown except for the forklift... BLEH. I need a bit of color in my games. Plus my hate for EA runs extremely deep so I won't be buying/playing this.

Raiden

Banned
Symytry said:
Looks disgusting. Everything is brown except for the forklift... BLEH. I need a bit of color in my games. Plus my hate for EA runs extremely deep so I won't be buying/playing this.

I hate them too, but im not that shallow, this looks good face it. Maybe not your style, ... but it still looks good.

Flo_Evans

Symytry said:

your loss :lol

I really don't get the EA hate. Sure they put out alot of mediocre crap, but they also publish a few gems.

Top Bottom