• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arma Reforger: 1.0 Release

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The latest installment in the Arma franchise returns you to authentic Cold War combat in a flexible military sandbox. Arma Reforger has been built from the ground up on the all-new Enfusion Engine, bringing additional functionality and more immersive in-game environments to the renowned military simulator.

Featuring crossplay for both Xbox and PC, Arma Reforger transports players to the mid-Atlantic islands of Everon and Arland to battle it out with a range of historically accurate weapons, vehicles, and helicopters!

THIS has crossplay? Color me impressed. I actually spent a decent amount of time playing this a few months back and I had a great time, but really it's about as good as the group of people you're playing with. The bones for the future of ARMA seem to be in a good place though I'll say and I look forward to watching it evolve up to ARMA 4 in the future.

BUT, it has as many bugs as you expect with ARMA so I'd say be prepared for that if you've never played the series before. Tons. Lots. I highly doubt it's been tightened up significantly since I played it last, but it didn't stop me from having a great time with it. I bet there's some awesome modes and player creations now.

Also, there's no way this doesn't run like dog shit on the consoles.

Last edited:

nemiroff

Gold Member
Ah, the game where you fight the interface more than the enemies.. Being one myself I can safely say Bohemia have never ever been in close proximity with a UX designer.

But of course, I've backed this game already a long time ago, and mostly because I know it'll contribute to the development of Arma 4.

With that said, I've played a few rounds in co-op in this game, had some fun between the frustrations.

Top Bottom