• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arkansas Teacher Allegedly Had Sex with 4 Students

llien

Legality aside, labeling aside, the very act of someone in a position of power using that position to initiate and dictate sexual relationships with wards under her care is morally and ethically repugnant.

Position of power is sooooo secondary to me in this case, when we talk about adults having sex with kids.

Circumstantially, it always seems to be young teachers doing this. Maybe putting teachers as young as early 20s in charge of 18 year olds just isn't the best mix? Maybe there needs to be a degree of separation in ages?

U2NUMB

I remember in HS I had a teacher that would give me extra credit if I sat at his desk with him. He was also very touchy, like hands on legs and squeezing arms/shoulders, lingering touches etc. Never went beyond that, and was only with male students.

At the time I was like "This is such easy extra credit" as I sucked at his class but when I look back now, I think "WTF?!?!?"

I was 13 years old, didn't know jack shit about much of anything (grew up in cornfield nowhere'ville) so I can see how students can be manipulated with attention and compliments.

I wonder on occasion if that teacher ever crossed the line and got shit canned/arrested.

Point is, adults taking advantage of teens or younger who are clearly not fully aware of their bodies or their emotions is just pathetic.

Thats some crazy shit man... glad it never went beyond that but holy crap what a creep. How was he able to get away with this if it was so obvious. Do you know if he is still teaching?

Royce McCutcheon

You know what's odd, I know for a fact this happens in schools where the majority is black, but they never hit the news. It was a well known thing a dude on the basketball team was having sex with a teacher. She'd drop him off and everything. This is a more common occurrence than what's reported. Like... These same scenarios are resolved in house in the black community rather than made public.

Measley

Its weird how society perceives these sort of situation and I have to admit I've evolved on the matter myself. Some adult males think about how they would have loved to be in those kids shoes back when they were the same age. There's many reasons why that's a fucked up way to think aside from all the double-standards pitfalls that go along with that but what they completely miss is the sinister aspect, that's as clear as day which is, this is a predator that's preying on children from a position of trust, access and authority. She's using them for her own filthy goals and that's not fucking something that should be dismissed or softened with "they got something out of it so...".

Honestly its not all that weird. We live in a male dominated society where men are percieved to hold the power. This includes the area of sex where people actually believe that men can't be raped by women.

It also doesnt help that those boys are probably getting high fives from their male friends and family, while girls in the same position would be considered a true victim.

FStubbs

I think there's sexism involved in the double standard and attractiveness.

For the "nice" crowd, imagine the female teacher is unattractive and told the boy to have sex or his grades in her class, largely based on subjective essays, would suffer.

Is it so nice anymore?

Raiden

Banned
She texted a picture of her in a thong? Why do these people do that?

Sure something like that will never come out because 17-18 year old boys wont brag or show off.

Top Bottom