• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are you getting early access for Starfield?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReBurn

Gold Member
No, I have other plans during the early access period so I won't have much time to play video games. I won't get into it until about a week after launch.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
damn right walter white GIF by Breaking Bad

gela94

Im kinda with you on the whole pracitise, but when buying the premium edition, you are getting more than just early access. The way I am looking at it is I am buying the premium edition for DLC and shit, and getting early access thrown in.
Yeah make yourself believe that, this will become a new thing.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
I guess they added the early play period to get gamepass players to pony up for the premium edition?

Does it come with anything else? Ship cosmetics etc?

Yeah make yourself believe that, this will become a new thing.
It's an offer. You can choose to do it or not.
It's a way for devs to recoup more money, it doesn't hurt anyone and is optional.

Alot of people here are saying they are happy to wait the few days and get it when the official release is.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I guess they added the early play period to get gamepass players to pony up for the premium edition?

Does it come with anything else? Ship cosmetics etc?
- Shattered Space Story Expansion
- Up to 5-days early access
- Constellation Skin Pack: Equinox Laser Rifle, Spacesuit, Helmet and Boost Pack
- Access to Starfield Digital Artbook & Original Soundtrack

It's a lot like FH5. You're not paying for early access, you're paying for the expansion up front and getting early access, digital artbook and soundtrack, and some skins as a bonus.

Larxia

It's the opposite for me.
While I'm excited for the game, it's a game I really don't want to play at release. I already waited so long, I can wait a few more months for it to be all patched up, with mods on PC and whatnot to get the best experience, instead of "wasting" it by playing it early. I know patience will provide me a better experience on this one.

Last edited:

Justin9mm

I'm sorry to say but people are getting way too overhyped for this game. At this point people are sounding so desperate for it to be good.

If it's good it's good but people really are acting like this game is the second coming of Jesus Christ and is going to magically save Xbox.

All these threads are starting to feel cringey.

That said, I can wait until the official release day on GP.

StereoVsn

Now days pre-ordering AAA game is foolishness. Bethesda games so have ways have had their share of bugs.

So pre-ordering their game and doing Early Access schtick is even more foolish and just keeps telling publishers there their customers can be sold anything whatsoever. After game after game came out in shit state, it's a terrible practice to support.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
It's a scam. I hate these things.

Basically the release date is delayed arbitrarily for those who don't want to pay a premium.
I can understand why you think this, but really almost all the deluxe or special or whatever they want to call it editions are scams.

"Buy the ultra edition and get

Base Game
Agent Williams "area 5" premium outfit
Agent Martin "chef" premium outfit
Agent Williams "milking time" premium catchphrase
Agent Martin "Diet coke ® break©" premium catchphrase
Superzoom photo mode
"We're going to Croatia" DLC
Digital art book
Digital soundtrack."

All that for the low price of an extra $50.

Even the physical editions are/were the same, cheap rubbish boxed up and sold for an extra fee that was sometimes multiple times the cost of the game.

All that's happened now is that they added 5 days early access, and that's what people actually want. That's why people are debating paying for 5 days access, because really, few people want the soundtrack or the art book or even the DLC that would be all that would make up the package in the past.

Last edited:

supernova8

Banned
My plan is to wait for reviews and general feedback in terms of bugs etc and then if the performance is also awesome on Series X I'm planning to buy one, partly funded by selling my Series S.

Last edited:

mxbison

No. I'm playing on GamePass and even if it wasn't there I wouldn't support this early access premium garbage.

I probably won't but at least I won't post any condescending or patronizing message explaining to people I don't know how they should use their money.

Whatever your choice is, have fun my friends.
Imagine your grocery store started to sell Twinkies. Despite Twinkies being generally bad for human health, you say, “I’m not going to tell other people how to spend their money.”

The Twinkies end up making the store so much money that they replace their shelves of bread with Twinkies. Even worse, the bread industry sees this, and starts to make all the bread similar to Twinkies.

You just want some goddamn bread.

Last edited:

Fredrik

I can wait a few more months for it to be all patched up, with mods on PC and whatnot to get the best experience, instead of "wasting" it by playing it early.
I don’t worry about ”wasting” Starfield by playing it early since I usually keep playing Bethesda’s games for years and start over so many times. Whatever gets added through patches and mods I’ll experience with the 2nd, 3rd, 10th character build.

I do think like that for linear story focused games though since I almost never play them a second time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom