• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are we going ignore that Sony are charging for next gen enhancements for ps-4 games?

MarkMe2525

No because did anyone complain about cross gen games for the 360/PS3 or X1/PS4 that cost more than their previous gen counterparts?

You think 70 dollar games aren't coming to the SX? As if COD and other games haven't already been priced at 69.99, third parties are going to jump on this which we all know make up 99% if both consoles libraries so what I'm confused about is why everyone is jumping in sony like their the cause for all this.

Regardless if anyone liked it or not how can you tell me that if Rockstar decided Red Dead 2 was 70 dollars the sheer size of the game in single player alone wouldn't have been worth the extra money.

Lastly, I still think it's hilarious that people were talking about spending 600 dollars for the consoles and saying ridiculous shit "600 is nothing for me! These consoles are worth the money!" But somehow 70 dollars is too much like what? Lmao
Well if you buy 100 games through the life of the system (I have around 170 I paid for) that's an additional 1,000 dollars. I didn't pay full price for most and I do doubt that means that it will be $10 more for indie games but who knows the way it's going.

iorek21

Ugh, I guess the same will happen to TLOU2, GoT and others

The worst case will be Days Gone, which has a pretty bad performance on base PS4, they’ll charge us extra for a smoother experience 🤡🤡🤡

Last edited:

Kerlurk

Banned

Last edited:

MayauMiao

Ok. On top of lying about cross-generation strategy, and not only raising prices of their games next-gen to $70, but they are also charging for next-gen enhancements for current-gen games.

If anything is anti-consumer, it's this. Sony needs to get humbled again.

Spider-Man (PS4) is the first PS4 Sony game confirmed to get next-generation enhancements and it costs money to get that upgrade. Why?

Because it cost money to upgrade the game? I just don't understand why you say Sony owes any current gen game owners a free upgrade. Did it stated in the PS4 version of the game that owners will receive free next gen upgrade?

yurinka

Ok. On top of lying about cross-generation strategy
Fake news. They never lied about their cross-gen strategy.

Spider-Man (PS4) is the first PS4 Sony game confirmed to get next-generation enhancements and it costs money to get that upgrade. Why?
Spiderman for PS4 will be playable for free in PS5 like the other PS4 games with some minor improvements related to being run via BC in a more powerful machine, same ones the other ones will have.

Sony didn't mention if they will give away the PS5 remaster and 3 paid DLCs of the game, but it's very likely that they won't do it because remasters and paid DLCs never have been free because they cost money to make.

What they said is that if you buy Spiderman Miles Morales for PS4, they will give you its PS5 version for free (same with Sackboy or Horizon 2).

And if you buy Spiderman Miles Morales for PS5, for 20 bucks more you have a bundle of this game, a remaster of the original game and its 3 DLCs.

Last edited:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Certainly "good guy" Sony is dead and buried.

In the past they were making certain concessions here and there to bank on goodwill: seems Jim has decided it's time to cash those cheques.

Top Bottom