• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone else not seeing Ratchet & Clank free download along with PS+ March games on PS store?

The Fartist

Gold Member
First Tuesday of the month is it not?
Gfwih9t.gif

Kdad

Weren't we supposed to get Ratchet starting the 1st, though?
Starting March 1, 2021

• PlayStation and Insomniac Games will make Ratchet & Clank PS4 available for free download for a limited time through PlayStation Store from March 1 at 8pm PST / March 2 at 4am GMT / 5am CET to March 31, 2021 at 8pm PDT* / April 1 at 4am BST / 5am CEST.
  • Once you redeem the game, it will be yours to keep. This 2016 PS4 action-adventure hit from Insomniac Games revisits the origin stories of these beloved PlayStation heroes and features a great mix of outrageous combat and comedy.

The Fartist

Gold Member
Starting March 1, 2021

• PlayStation and Insomniac Games will make Ratchet & Clank PS4 available for free download for a limited time through PlayStation Store from March 1 at 8pm PST / March 2 at 4am GMT / 5am CET to March 31, 2021 at 8pm PDT* / April 1 at 4am BST / 5am CEST.
  • Once you redeem the game, it will be yours to keep. This 2016 PS4 action-adventure hit from Insomniac Games revisits the origin stories of these beloved PlayStation heroes and features a great mix of outrageous combat and comedy.
giphy.gif

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
When you play it, don't expect it to be a 1:1 remake. Treat it more like an anniversary game. There will be creatures, weapons, story, bosses, and lore from future titles in it that will not make sense along with the game missing planets from the original. Insomniac even confirmed it's not canon. Aside from that it's an overall fun game and was a fun platinum for me to get.

truth411

When you play it, don't expect it to be a 1:1 remake. Treat it more like an anniversary game. There will be creatures, weapons, story, bosses, and lore from future titles in it that will not make sense along with the game missing planets from the original. Insomniac even confirmed it's not canon. Aside from that it's an overall fun game and was a fun platinum for me to get.
Its a Reimagining.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
It's a better game imo and the original is awesome. Really great fun for anyone who likes these games

The Fartist

Gold Member
I'm kinda going in a little blind. I did play the original but I didn't get very far and it was so long ago, I do appreciate the input. Gonna play it with my daughter, can't wait.

Last edited:
J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Its a Reimagining.
It's a better game imo and the original is awesome. Really great fun for anyone who likes these games
I think it's a great game, my one and main big issue with it is how Ratchet is written and his motivations. He was originally a somewhat-hillbilly confident, sarcastic and eager mechanic who's main motivation was making money, getting cool guns and acquiring cool ships. He helped Clank only because there was something in it for him. Over the course of the game he goes from using Clank for his own means to eventually caring about him. He starts to grow more of a conscious and then starts helping out of the good of his heart. He was a nobody on a backwater planet who ended up making a name for himself across the galaxy because of how tenacious he was. He didn't need anyone else's help and didn't care about the space force. It was one lombax and a robot vs a mega corporation.

In this reboot(thanks to the movie), he is a young kid wishing and hoping to join said space force as that's his only dream in life. He lacks confidence, he is a nobody because he doesn't believe in himself, and then somehow ends up being the chosen one after helping the space force a few times. His home planet is now full of people and crowds and he also has a boss who has to tell him how to be a mechanic at the beginning of the game. It's now good goers vs evil doers and the whole corporation aspect is completely gone. There's more but I am just telling the setup of the game as to not spoil everything.

I still want to say that it's a really fun game but as a fan of the series I am truly glad that it's not canon. The way I justify it is that this is Qwark's retelling of events and that he got some details wrong in order to make himself look better.

RPS37

It’s a dope ass game. Have it on disc, but I’m def gonna download it.
Is it up tho?
It’s Monday the 1st right now.

Edit: got from the front page of the iPad PS app.

Last edited:
Top Bottom