• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone else hate browsing internet and posting on forums while on Cell Phone?

DESTROYA

Giving the shakes I have now normally, it seems to impossible without droping it.

Fair enough, but I am not sure what it has to do with you painting cars, tho : )
Wait you can hold a phone but not a slightly larger tablet ?
Sorry to hear about your current physical condition but it sounds like your making it a bigger problem than it actually is and your not willing to make adjustments just complain about it.
Good luck and hope everything works out for you.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Wait you can hold a phone but not a slightly larger tablet ?
Sorry to hear about your current physical condition but it sounds like your making it a bigger problem than it actually is and your not willing to make adjustments just complain about it.
Good luck and hope everything works out for you.
Well I like to complain, hence the "drama" flair in this thread. But aside from that, I am don't trust myself with something I cannot really grap into my hands. Maybe after some time it gets better, maybe not. I have a lot of nerves to recover and well, as it stands it could be first world problem, but for me is very real.

Kev Kev

nah, i do it all the time from my iphone 7+. maybe it's the bigger phone. maybe its maybeline

i do prefer posting from desktop though

I agree. I generally avoid typing on the phone cuz it sucks.
I mostly use my phone for google maps and to jerk off in bed before going to sleep.
The rest is just so much better on a pc.

Fbh

Wouldn't say I hate it, but it's my least favorite way to browse the internet or do most things online.

Nymphae

Banned
I hate typing on the phone a lot still, and I've been using smartphones for like a decade. It's always sucked and there are no perfect solutions.

Auto correct is an absolute nightmare, but not having it on is even worse. I spend a majority of my typing time on mobile correcting mistakes. Trying to select a single item to copy and paste can often be ridiculously hard, like sometimes juts trying to make a lower case a capital or insert a word mid paragraph is a lot harder than it should be. I get super annoyed when I'm typing something up and have notifications pop up while I'm writing. It drives me insane when I have a train of thought and ma writing and then suddenly someone is text spamming me like 6 times in 5 seconds, I swipe away the notification to keep typing and it just keeps coming back.

garballax

it blows my mind to see how much people use their phones to work, make purchases, etc. for browsing it's fine, but for posting i'd rather bash my head against the wall. i need a physical keyboard... touch screens bring me more frustration than convenience.

Grinchy

Banned
I have never, and probably will never, like posting from a phone. Typing on a touch screen is like trying to write with a pen you are holding in your mouth.

I can do everything at least 4 times faster and more efficiently from a PC. Those people who only own a smartphone and do everything from it weird me out.

Paltheos

Also in the 'I don't like posting from a smartphone' camp. Very, very rarely do it - I don't even remember last time I did.

Browsing is fine, but I prefer my PC if I'm at home.

I find browsing is usually fine, especially if the site has a mobile mode.

I only have issues when I need to edit text or a modify a picture before posting. It's at this point I wish I was on my PC or laptop.

Grinchy

Banned
I noticed people talking about getting a bigger phone a few times. I have a S10+. There's like one phone larger than this one.

There's no such thing as a screen size that makes touchscreen typing work any better. Even simple things like italicizing a word or copying and pasting text is so horrifically slow and cumbersome compared to a PC. Fuck mobile!

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
it blows my mind to see how much people use their phones to work, make purchases, etc. for browsing it's fine, but for posting i'd rather bash my head against the wall. i need a physical keyboard... touch screens bring me more frustration than convenience.
765466.jpg

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
Well Amazon is not in here anyway....well it is, but you have to order from Amazon.com and pay import fees, so fuck that...not sure why I cannot order some stuff from Amazon.de, since their big warehouse is like 50km from border with my country. Anyway would be nice if there was some wallet case, like you've mentioned with keyboard in there.
Those are all ebay pictures.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I am currently in hospital for shcheduled check. So I have with me my Galaxy S9 and trying to kill the waiting by browsing in here and wrote quality posts™. But that shit is ridiculously cumbersome.

I am using Google Chrome due to login by some strong password which is synced between devices.

And I fucking despise it, firstly I like to type on landscape, which is unusable, since you see shit with keyboard taking half of the screen. Secondly, Chrome (Phone edition) is buggy as fuck and sometimes shit simply does not work in editor in here, I have to restarr it and try again. It's slow as fuck and I don't understand how anyone could use Cell Phone for something else other than emergency internet browsing, GPS navigation and writing messages on messengers and even that is simply not as comfortable as on Laptop.

So if any of my recent post contains some dumbass shit, you know why.

It's tough to do my duty serving Neogaf while on Phone. And obviously other sites too, but this is the forum, I wanted to be in, for like 10 years and now this shit.

I probably need a larger phone...
NeoGAF is really slow and clunky on my phone. The screen "jumps up" when it's loading and I have difficulty typing. Unfortunately I'm stuck to phone for my Internet.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Not trying to be disrespectful but OP sounds spoiled obviously mobile browsing can have some issues but it'll work.

eot

Banned
It's fucking awful.

Also I genuinely don't understand people who replace their laptop with a tablet. Multitasking on mobile devices is horrible, text selection is horrible, file management is horrible, and every little god damn thing requires a bespoke app.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
It's fucking awful.

Also I genuinely don't understand people who replace their laptop with a tablet. Multitasking on mobile devices is horrible, text selection is horrible, file management is horrible, and every little god damn thing requires a bespoke app.
I hate it and don't get it either. I type at least 70 wpm but on a phone it's a fraction of that. File management is horrible and I can't do half the things I do on PC.

I seriously miss being on PC.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I hate it and don't get it either. I type at least 70 wpm but on a phone it's a fraction of that. File management is horrible and I can't do half the things I do on PC.

I seriously miss being on PC.
What that "w" stands for, please? I just know that in Czech is "úhoz" and well dictionary tells me shit about that.

Can't say I do. Much of my shitposting is done on the phone while literally shitting.

Sitting on the toilet longer than you have to has been linked to getting hemorrhoids, not making that up.

Maybe because the turd fumes are flying back up into your asscrack, idk

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Can't say I hate it. I still think it's incredible that I can browse the Internet and post shit on a mobile phone at all, but as someone who started using the Internet with PCs in the early 90s, I think I'll always prefer a mouse, keyboard, and monitor.

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
Can't say I hate it. I still think it's incredible that I can browse the Internet and post shit on a mobile phone at all, but as someone who started using the Internet with PCs in the early 90s, I think I'll always prefer a mouse, keyboard, and monitor.
Fascist!
Reported for extreme preferencery

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I keep all of my passwords on the iCloud Keychain. If you have a Mac or are through other devises in the Apple ecosystem, using Chrome for the shared keychain is not a strong reason since you already have a built in shared keychain across your devices.

TaySan

Banned
Yes my phone auto corrects everything and Is a nightmare when posting threads because I don't realize it until after I posted it lol

Dark Star

I don't mind browsing the forums on my OnePlus 6, it's a pretty big phone.

But I DO NOT enjoy posting/replying from a touch screen. It's difficult to copy/paste stuff, and it's just hard "thumb typing".

Give me a laptop over a tablet any day. I like keyboard + mouse + big screen

Last edited:
It's difficult to copy/paste stuff, and it's just hard "thumb typing".

Now this I fully agree with. When I had an iPhone X you could "3D Touch" (I know, I know, Apple's bullshit marketing) the screen to bring up contextual menus and this or that. Copy and pasting on that device was a fucking DREAM COME TRUE and so easy to do because you could sort of do this weird "double click" type of action where you push into the keyboard and invoke the cursor, use your thumb to put the cursor in the middle of a word, and then sort of push in again and it would highlight that word. I just worked 10.5 hours, my brain is fried, and that probably didn't make much sense, but it was the actual best.

Fast forward to today and I'm on an iPhone 11 and they changed the screen back, and it fucking SUCKS. Moving your cursor to where you need to is easy but attempting to select text is a goddamn nightmare. My hair is already falling out and this shit just makes me want to rip out the rest of it.

Alright, enough bitching and moaning from me for one day!

Edit: Added a bit more context in hopes of making more sense.

Last edited:

Durask

Believe it or not I actually have a small bluetooth keyboard in my bag which I use when I have to type large emails on my phone.

Top Bottom