• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime/Manga Community

Nani?

• WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • Muda Muda Muda!

Votes: 45 22.2%
  • B..baka!

Votes: 77 37.9%
  • Why yes I like isekai!

Votes: 8 3.9%
  • Anime Thor

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I'm here for the plot!

Votes: 37 18.2%

• Total voters

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
I still don't get wtf Higurashi is trying to do and this new sequel anime makes me question everything Rika did. Also why is the horn demon thing boobs now?
Its about Rika growing up.
dSpAVG2sYiNHL8gkQJYvX2yVWPmOfbMDiaRY45Vk.png

Hanyuu always had boobs.
Ha_pc_god.png

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Banned
This end of this episode is incredible for several reasons, but I just realized something while watching it

It’s almost guaranteed 100% that Gecko Moria is going to die on Pirate Island or Hachinosu . He’s going 2v1 (maybe more subordinates are there, we don’t know) versus the Blackbeard Pirates of all crews. If things get ugly, Teach will just step in and finish him or whatever he chooses. Only chance is if Moria can manage to escape basically, otherwise his chance of surviving that fight is a

So this sets the stage for Perona to at some point, possibly ally with the Straw Hat Pirates to fight and avenge her Captain. This is interesting because I can almost guarantee she was training alongside Mihawk and Zoro. Mihawk seemed to be content with her, they all got along well enough, and there seemed to be a respect among those three so I’m assuming that she demonstrated great skill and improved a lot during those two years spent at Juracule Mihawk’s castle on Kuraigana Island. I doubt she fought Mihawk but I doubt that she was doing nothing those two years. She must have used that time to get stronger as well. Seems like it can be interesting later. It’s another potential fight that may or may not take place later

If Gecko Moria dies, who will take on his devil fruit within the Blackbeard Pirates?

Guilty_AI

I still don't get wtf Higurashi is trying to do and this new sequel anime makes me question everything Rika did. Also why is the horn demon thing boobs now?
Reading the VN, so far it seems the intention is to make a mistery game where the player has to figure out whats happening.
At the end of every game they even have these "all-cast review sessions", where the characters sit around forming theories and conjectures about what happened in the chapter.

Last edited:

MastaKiiLA

Latest chapter of Attack on Titan was a bit disappointing for me.
Yams is devolving into final act tropes. How is Falco already skilled at flying, as well as able to maintain his transformation for what must already be an extended period of time, during his first conscious transformation? How did everyone go from almost dying against the slow Beast puppet, to now handling a large wave of different titans, including speedy Jaw puppets? Why didn't Eren/Ymir remove the bombs from the spine, while all the alliance fighters were flying on Falco?

I don't buy that Isayama is still going to kill off everyone, as I think he opened the door for a happy ending already by not having Eren remove the alliance's transformation capabilities. I would be okay with that, if he didn't give the alliance a mystery skillup, and Eren/Ymir a reduction in intelligence. Feels like final arc bs.

Last edited:

finowns

So I watched Dr. Stone and it makes no sense after 3,000 years that group of humans that survived the stone change would either go extinct or have a way larger population than that tiny village. Also the language would change after 3,000 years! I had to get that off my chest.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
So I watched Dr. Stone and it makes no sense after 3,000 years that group of humans that survived the stone change would either go extinct or have a way larger population than that tiny village. Also the language would change after 3,000 years! I had to get that off my chest.
Nothing in Dr.Stone makes sense. Drop it now if that bothers you.

Kumomeme

Yams is devolving into final act tropes. How is Falco already skilled at flying, as well as able to maintain his transformation for what must already be an extended period of time, during his first conscious transformation?
i guess he get the skill from previous titan users memory. maybe there those before century ago can fly

Edit: also annie is there she might be help or teach a things or two.

Last edited:

-Minsc-

Dr. Stone is all about that shounen, no sense. I dropped it. Might pick it up again down the road.

Hosam6xavi

Banned
If you're Anime only watcher and saying one piece episode 957 is one of the best episodes ?

Wait for 958

kgYRaER.jpg

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Latest AoT manga chapter is making me hate Survey Corps almost as much I hated Suzaku. If this does not convince fans that Isayama is a hack, then I dont know what else will.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Cells at Work BLACK (company) completely shits all over the original Cells at Work.

This end of this episode is incredible for several reasons, but I just realized something while watching it

It’s almost guaranteed 100% that Gecko Moria is going to die on Pirate Island or Hachinosu . He’s going 2v1 (maybe more subordinates are there, we don’t know) versus the Blackbeard Pirates of all crews. If things get ugly, Teach will just step in and finish him or whatever he chooses. Only chance is if Moria can manage to escape basically, otherwise his chance of surviving that fight is a

So this sets the stage for Perona to at some point, possibly ally with the Straw Hat Pirates to fight and avenge her Captain. This is interesting because I can almost guarantee she was training alongside Mihawk and Zoro. Mihawk seemed to be content with her, they all got along well enough, and there seemed to be a respect among those three so I’m assuming that she demonstrated great skill and improved a lot during those two years spent at Juracule Mihawk’s castle on Kuraigana Island. I doubt she fought Mihawk but I doubt that she was doing nothing those two years. She must have used that time to get stronger as well. Seems like it can be interesting later. It’s another potential fight that may or may not take place later

If Gecko Moria dies, who will take on his devil fruit within the Blackbeard Pirates?

Doc Q seems pretty lazy like Moria due to whatever illness he has - he can probably assemble his own zombies too. I think that would be a good match.

I hope Moria isn't dead though - he's my favorite original Shichibuchai next to Crocodile, and I want him to get a little redemption/resolution, especially with Absalom dying. He's one of the saddest characters in the series imo - he's a broken man who lost everyone he cared about and was so hurt that he (mostly) stopped associating with real people. Yet he was brave enough to go and potentially face Blackbeard alone for Absalom.

At the very least he needs to see Perona again.

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Banned
Doc Q seems pretty lazy like Moria due to whatever illness he has - he can probably assemble his own zombies too. I think that would be a good match.

I hope Moria isn't dead though - he's my favorite original Shichibuchai next to Crocodile, and I want him to get a little redemption/resolution, especially with Absalom dying. He's one of the saddest characters in the series imo - he's a broken man who lost everyone he cared about and was so hurt that he (mostly) stopped associating with real people. Yet he was brave enough to go and potentially face Blackbeard alone for Absalom.

At the very least he needs to see Perona again.
Excellent post, I infinitys_7th , thank you for sharing this. I just realized something thanks to your post:

More appropriate than Doc Q, and this is another guess, but what if Blackbeard decided to take it for his own? Say Gecko Moria can not make it out alive at Hachinosu / Pirate Island versus the Blackbeard Pirates, and the Kage Kage no Mi is extracted from Moria's dead corpse by Blackbeard. Blackbeard and Gecko Moria have one thing in common: they're both fairly weak and rely heavily on their devil fruits. I can see Blackbeard doing a much better job at utilizing the Kage Kage no Mi in comparison to how Gecko Moria did all those years at Thriller Bark. Think about it for a second, Blackbeard went to Impel Down and instantly fortified an absolutely insane crew. He's like the anit-Luffy if you think about it...He's really good at gathering a godly crew, he seems to have a powerful following of fleets under his name but little is known about that. Aokiji has sided with Blackbeard. The guy is flat out spectacular at gathering allies to fight on his side, for whatever motives Blackbeard has in mind. Imagine if he got a hold of Moria's devil fruit and started making use of it. What took Moria his entire life to fortify a zombie army, shadow slaves may be nothing to Blackbeard. It might come very easy to him and in the end, not only will Blackbeard (this is my guess) have five powerful devil fruits to fight with, a very powerful pirate crew, he might have an army comparable to the Navy thanks to the Kage Kage no Mi

I like Gecko Moria a lot, he's one of my favorite enemies of the SH Pirates as well but I think he's about to get killed. How he will go out? I am not even sure if we will get a flashback of it but I know the reference will be referenced at least once. That or there might be some information to go by depending on what is said when the news gets out. Perona might get the news and set her sights towards the Blackbeard crew. She is a fan favorite it seems so I suspect we'll see some more from her. Perona might be a better fighter than Moria at this point having lived with Mihawk and Zoro for two years straight

Maybe Perona-sama is going to witness his death or join the fight right before he dies and she's able to flee. I can see Gecko Moria giving her one last order to leave before he takes his last stand. But idk, I think there's more to see from Perona, but Gecko Moria could be reason that someone like Perona will hate Blackbeard. Jewelry Bonney is probably going to be another one to lead a vicious attack on Blackbeard at some point as well

Mista

Banned
Jujutsu Kaisen anime is just how I wanted it to be. Since being a fan of the manga I always hoped for a proper anime and they delivered!

Cutty Flam

Banned
Here's a One Piece theory that is so crazy, not even I will entertain it. Not sure where it came from, but this is what was speculated:

One of the Straw Hats is actually a member of CP-0

........wut? lol

Guilty_AI

Voice Acting + Better backgrounds + old BGM + Console OP.
unknown.png

These backgrounds alone are a reason.
Its true they're beautiful, but i quite like the original backgrounds actually. Gives the whole thing a creepy vibe.
Also, i'm playing in a old laptop that isn't even full hd, so higher resolutions felt kinda unnecessary for me.

I had some doubts about the BGM at first, and then i found this game changed BGM loads and loads of times. I compared the old tracks with the new ones and concluded i liked everything, so i just decided to go with whatever was in the package.

Don't really like voice acting in VNs, I usually disable it if given the option. Don't really care about the OPs either, didn't even knew VNs could have them.

I think the only thing that interested me was the text at the bottom, but its not like the other format is a huge bother or anything. That and the console arcs, but i've read its better to play them after finishing all 8 chapters since they were written later.

Last edited:

Fbh

Really late to this but just saw the trailer for the new Shaman King.
Only saw it dubbed as a kid and then read the manga (shitty ending btw)...WTF is that japanese voice for Yoh?
We've gone past main character voiced by a woman (Luffy, Naruto, Goku, etc) to straight up main character talks like a girl

Yams is devolving into final act tropes. How is Falco already skilled at flying, as well as able to maintain his transformation for what must already be an extended period of time, during his first conscious transformation? How did everyone go from almost dying against the slow Beast puppet, to now handling a large wave of different titans, including speedy Jaw puppets? Why didn't Eren/Ymir remove the bombs from the spine, while all the alliance fighters were flying on Falco?

I don't buy that Isayama is still going to kill off everyone, as I think he opened the door for a happy ending already by not having Eren remove the alliance's transformation capabilities. I would be okay with that, if he didn't give the alliance a mystery skillup, and Eren/Ymir a reduction in intelligence. Feels like final arc bs.
Yeah kinda agree

Honestly, them even just having a fighting chance in this scenario seems silly. After the threat we've seen every one of these titans to be on their own, they are now fighting multiple versions of them and still doing ok. Unless they'll say Eren was intentionally holding back or something in the next chapter

GonSama

I wanna go in blind if I give it a shot, but it says Slice of Life for genre, is that really what it mostly leans into?
Nothing like that.
The tags are Psychological, Drama, Fantasy (could turn into Dementia).
Just give it a try.

Last edited:

God Enel

Im interested in revisiting hunter x hunter. Only watched the anime so far. Shortly after chimera ant arc the anime was done. The manga still continues right? Is the quality still okay? And does anyone know where I have to pick the manga up? I mean I don’t want to start reading it from the beginning. I’d rather pick it up where the anime stopped.

Shouta

Im interested in revisiting hunter x hunter. Only watched the anime so far. Shortly after chimera ant arc the anime was done. The manga still continues right? Is the quality still okay? And does anyone know where I have to pick the manga up? I mean I don’t want to start reading it from the beginning. I’d rather pick it up where the anime stopped.
If you finished all the way to the end of the 2011 anime, there's another arc that picks up immediately after that in the manga. Start with, I think chapter 340 or so? I think 339 is where Ging and Gon have their talk on the tree. The tankouban versions of the chapters are pretty great looking.

It's only like 50 or so chapters (3-4 volumes) since Togashi went on hiatus again but it's very dense, even more so than a lot of the arcs up until this point.

Just finished Black Bullet. Liked it more then I thought I would but overall too much loli for me. Would have been better as a traditional harem with older girls.

starting Garo: Vanishing Line tonight

Cutty Flam

Banned
I sort of am too, I stopped right after the very start of the current arc. I know a lot of people were giving Togashi a tough time for the amount of writing, saying it was like a novel, but I don’t think anyone can hate too much. The new arc, is called The Dark Continent. My friend sent me this. If the hiatus ever breaks for HxH, you’re going to be glad you caught up to current. My friend sent me this, the manga is heading towards something colossal

Top Bottom