• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angelina Jolie files for divorce. Thanks Obama.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cotillard acts circles around Angelina in non-Nolan movies. Actress always act like mannequins in Nolan movies.

She is totally an upgrade over real life Maleficent.

Check out Rust and Bone if you have time.

jayu26

Dude likes to party. Jolie is only interested in one party.
I thought he cut down on his parting after hoking up with Jolie. OP also says she was dissatisfied with his parenting. He must have fucked up badly or she has blow a misunderstanding way out of proportion.

Looks pretty good, aside from the CGI in one shot. It's very timely though, and it makes me wonder if Paramount put together that teaser a few hours ago, because the events in it really seem to mirror the alleged scandal Pitt was involved with.
The affair rumors have been around a bit so I'm sure they were already planning on capitalizing on that.

Also if you're an A-list celebrity a monogamous relationship is incredibly difficult to maintain. Long term relationships are based on emotional shit anyway.

jett

D-Member
Not to mention that Pitt's a man, so he's likely gonna get a second chance, even if Jolie somehow ends up destroying him in court.

Jolie is ostensibly one of the more powerful women in Hollywood. Nobody's going to need a second chance here, and I doubt anybody is going to get destroyed by these proceedings.

Honestly, I thought Jolie/Pitt and Schwarzenegger/Kennedy would last forever and be an example that true love in Hollywood exists.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
called it.

of course i was too generous.

I bet there's like 1000 posts of you just randomly calling divorces trying to play that numbers game. You can't fool us!

This is all you're fault. You jinxed their marriage -- those poor kids -- hope you're happy :(

You should probably take responsibility and marry Jolie to make up for the man you forced to cheat with your witchcraft.

Not

Banned
See, he's one of the world's most handsome men, but he's a lousy dad

Just be a good dad if you're ugly guys

entremet

See, he's one of the world's most handsome men, but he's a lousy dad

Just be a good dad if you're ugly guys
He said, she said.

Unless you want to take someone's--anyone highly contested and legally challengeable--statements at face value.

Lawyers tell their client to outright lie all the time for better divorce terms. Don't be naive here.

Jolie is ostensibly one of the more powerful women in Hollywood. Nobody's going to need a second chance here, and I doubt anybody is going to get destroyed by these proceedings.

True. I was just responding to the idea that Pitt's career might suffer because of this, which it won't. Neither will Jolie's.

Wait Brad Pitt is fighting Nazi again? I am a sucker for Zemeckis live action movies so I will check it out. Hopefully its romantic flick with an epic score.

Alan Silvestri is scoring it (of course), and I can see the music being a cross between Cast Away and Flight, both short scores but very dramatic and melancholic, although much longer, with some action material, and a maybe a love theme as well thrown in.

Definitely interested in giving it a listen, since I'm a big fan of film music. Also pretty much looking forward to the movie itself. I'm a fan of Zemeckis.

On topic. Brad Pitt's always given me the impression that he's not particularly thoughtful or bright. I've never heard him say anything insightful or interesting in interviews/on talk shows. His Oceans buddies like Clooney and Damon on the other hand...

This isn't a flaw, he can't really help who he is, but it was always weird to me that he left Aniston for Jolie

The affair rumors have been around a bit so I'm sure they were already planning on capitalizing on that.

Also if you're an A-list celebrity a monogamous relationship is incredibly difficult to maintain. Long term relationships are based on emotional shit anyway.

True, I remember reading posts on another forum months ago, where people were speculating about the affair, due to a post they had just read.

It wouldn't surprise me, at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing was just gossip ho-ha. There were after claims that Cotillard got between Fassbender and Vikander (a couple that some people claim was just a PR relationship) on the set of Macbeth. It's also hearsay really.

Zoe

Relationship started on infidelity ends.

I am shocked.

MmIwMTYwMTE4NCMvc3ZJSVhJZW80NmhCOE5GQ19MYndpb01mdDZrPS9maXQtaW4vOTAweDkwMC9maWx0ZXJzOm5vX3Vwc2NhbGUoKTpxdWFsaXR5KDgwKS9odHRwOi8vaW1hZ2VzLm1pYy5jb20vZjd3M3Z2aDk0eXoxdnV5dDhpY2JpdHJiaGRzczBsdW5qa25mZGl6ZmZoN2s4Z2JhZWJudWVpb2ZzbzdwcXp0OC5naWY.gif

exfatal

thats a real relationship? lol

Thats pretty closed minded, there are plently of people out there who are in a relationship who love and care for each other, and are not exclusive when it comes to hook ups. Sex is only one part of the relationship and if both parties agree and can make it work i don't see why that wouldn't be considered a real relationship.

Any who now that Jolie is single time for me to make my move

we gonna be the next hollywood power couple <3

jett

D-Member
More TMZ shenanigans

We're told Pitt is "furious" at Angelina for allegedly spinning stories that he poses a risk to their kids because of anger issues fueled by weed and alcohol. Pitt says there's now a bounty on the heads of the entire family, because they've now become a prime target for the gaggle of paparazzi.

The perimeter of their Hollywood Hills home is now blanketed by photogs, and the LAPD is now patrolling at regular intervals.

We're told Brad had conversations with Angelina over the last few days and pleaded for her to handle the divorce "like adults." He wanted to low-key it for the benefit of the kids. Instead, he says, she went scorched earth by asking for sole physical custody and suggesting he's a risky dad.

Brad, we're told, is angry at Angelina and fearful for their kids.

caffeware

Banned
Angelina became 'fed up' with Brad's consumption of weed and possibly alcohol, and mixed with what she believes is 'an anger problem' ... felt it became dangerous for the children," the TMZ report said, going on to add that there was no "alleged third person," according to their sources.

sause

A short timeline of some key moments since their marriage in the news:

December 2014: Not soon after the two were married, In Touch reported that Angelina Jolie was allegedly having an affair with Jack O&#8217;Connell, the leading man of "Unbroken," which Jolie directed. The reports were disputed.

April 2015: Brad Pitt appeared at a charity event for autism research with a bruise under his eye. In Touch reported that the mark came after a fight with Jolie after he reportedly was hanging out with women in a hot tub and smoking marijuana.

October 2015: Brad Pitt reportedly had an onset romance with "The Lost City of Z" costar Sienna Miller. Miller called the rumors "insane."

November 2015: Jolie admitted in a cover issue of Vogue that she and Pitt have their own problems.

January 2016: In Touch reports the two have not only been dealing with marriage problems for over a year but also have been "living separate lives" as the two had been spending much time to work, charities, and their six children together.

May 2016: Rumors emerge that Pitt is having an affair with his "Allied" costar (formerly called "Five Seconds of Silence") Marion Cotillard.

June 2016: Pitt spent father&#8217;s day alone and Jolie reportedly visited a divorce lawyer June 21.

July 2016: There were rumors Jolie was upset that Pitt allegedly reached out to his ex Jennifer Aniston after her mom passed away.

source

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom