• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

An official statement from EA SPORTS about Madden NFL 21

Orta

Banned
EZcq6rEU4AEkTG9

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Maybe I'm missed the meaning, but what's with every PR statement being in a big black and white cut out?

Considering the recent event, you'd think they'd avoid having purposely contrasting images like that.

Just do a normal statement in plain format as usual.

Where's their statement about their bloated, dysfunctional code that doesn't resemble real football? (and hasn't for a long, long time)

On topic, do companies really think that their statements about aligning with public sentiment are *not* transparent? Is there someone in an office somewhere that thinks these things resonate as genuine?

Last edited:

LixhulHot

Banned
This drivel is starting to annoy me. Has anyone ever said black lives don't matter? Why are companies jumping on this ridiculous bandwagon and as a result we all suffer with delays?

Business

This drivel is starting to annoy me. Has anyone ever said black lives don't matter? Why are companies jumping on this ridiculous bandwagon and as a result we all suffer with delays?

Because they rather piss you off for delaying their presentations than piss off the people that will cancel and call to boycott them over not putting one of these statements in social media.

If we are being real, it's Madden. It's gonna look exactly the same. I am hoping that on next-gen we get better stadiums, better field/grass interactivity, better crowds, better sideline models, but something tells me it is just gonna be the same game at a higher resolution

cryptoadam

Banned
Its time we pretend to care after decades of exploiting black atheletes in our billion dollar sports franchises.

Please dont cancel or burn us down.

“systematic bias”

FFS we are living in bizzaro world where everyone is willing to accept a demonstrable lie.

the stastics are out there and are readily available. Seriously, i cant wait until victim culture dies

Last edited:

Electronic Arts announced the new date for the reveal of Madden NFL 21.

The game will finally be showcased publicly on June 16 at 10:00 am EDT, 7:00 am PDT, 3:00 pm BST, or 4:00 pm CEST depending on where you live.

The reveal was initially scheduled for June 1, but Electronic Arts delayed it due to the situation in the United States.

Delaying a videogame reveal 4 days because now is not the time totally makes sense. After all, on June 16 when they do reveal, it will definitely be the right time, just not now.

What they should have done is during the actual reveal where everyone is tuned in, just display a message showing their support for equality and blm, that would go a long way. A simple short delay of a reveal says nothing.

Andodalf

Banned

The D Line stuff is really interesting. A huge thing in the game for... forever, is that new players only think to user the DLine/ that’s all they have the skill to do, and usering a LB/Saftey is quite literally orders of magnitude better. A LB user will beat a D line user 9.9/10 times because of how powerful LB usering is. If they can make DL users viable, but not broken, that would be huge for the game. In the past D line usering has only matted for broken blitzes that get patched

The running stuff is dumb, it literally just sound like what we’ve already had, with a couple “new” moves. The new passing stuff I’ll need to see. They made it sound like it was just animations, but then say it’ll effect the pass result, so idk.

NickFire

I'm done with this game, and hope to high water that EA gets burned by its renewed exclusive deal somehow. I am so sick of the cost to start spending money every year, without fixing meaningful issues during year. They deserve to have card packs banned unless they show you exact cards you will get each purchase.

Pretty sure the Madden championship was won by someone using a punter as qb this year. That is how broken this game is!

Abear21

Banned
I'm done with this game, and hope to high water that EA gets burned by its renewed exclusive deal somehow. I am so sick of the cost to start spending money every year, without fixing meaningful issues during year. They deserve to have card packs banned unless they show you exact cards you will get each purchase.

Pretty sure the Madden championship was won by someone using a punter as qb this year. That is how broken this game is!

Yeah they only ran the whole tournane never passed the ball one time and that was a viable strategy. BS

How about announcing if we get upgraded for free on PS5? Will Ultimate Team carry over? I’m guessing not but it’d be nice to know

Rayderism

Sigh. Lies promoted as truth. Truth being purported as lies. Greed. Double standards. Hate. Stupidity. Ridiculousness.

'Nuff said.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I keep thinking if all this BLM stuff was about Jews, Jewish Lives Matter and all these companies virtue signaling Jews and all this talk of Jewish oppression in the U.S. how utterly embarrassed I would be.

Last edited:
Top Bottom