• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Stupidity: Selling Che Guevara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryck

I don't know living in San Diego Ive been seeing those t shirts, posters and stickers my whole life........

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Chesapeake Silt said:
Annoying internet guy pens boring article about ironic t-shirts. HOORAY.

Annoying because he is right perchance? :D

Freeburn.

yoshifumi

Banned
reaganbk-shirtfront.jpg

Ceros

Alot of people wear them and have no idea who the fuck the guy was. Oh yeah and because Jay-Z wears them......

maharg

idspispopd
To sum up:
- Yuppies suck.
- Che Guevara ROX
- Che Guevara SUCKED
- But Che Guevara ROX
- And Yuppies SUX.

Che

Banned
Mooreberg said:
I remember seeing a silk Guevara shirt in Vegas for well over $100. Capitalism wins again.
22.gif

Nope, it's just the stupid capitalist who loses 100$ on something he doesn't really believe in, and will never reach.

belgurdo

Banned
Why is it "American Stupidity" when you can see people in Guevara shirts all over the planet (and they likely know about him as much as we do?)

nitewulf

that particular picture of him has become a pop-culture icon. much like smilar bob marley or dylan portraits. thats about it. i dont think ppl even wear the shirts for romantic reasons, it just looks cool. and che shirts are nothing new if you have been living in nyc.
if i wear a marley shirt, should i be a rastafarian as well? far from it i hope.

Ripclawe

Banned
man, che stood up for the poor and against capitalist pig swine, he is hip for the young folks who are like into saving the whales and feeding the poor and stuff..

BUT, seeing how so many actually brought the che merchandise.. lets start working on others and make them cool to wear

0140169539.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

main_lenin.jpg

main_mao.jpg

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
I'll admit, I've never fully understood the difference between "Revolutionary" and "Terrorist" in cases where the "Revolutionary" used violence to further their cause.

obl_che.jpg

I mean, do you think in 20-30 years time, this will be an acceptable 'pop-culture' icon for T-Shirts, Mugs etc?

Is the difference between them as simple as "Those we support" and "Those we do not support"?

Freeburn.

nomoment

Mike Works said:
I have a Che Guevara t-shirt AND poster.

YOU WANNA FIGHT ABOUT IT

edit: AND AVATAR!
Well, there you go, eh?

You're also upper-middle class too, so I guess you fit the profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom