• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMD Wants to Prevent Bots and Scalpers From Wrecking Ryzen 5000, Radeon Launches

AMD has apparently sent a letter to multiple retail partners with a list of suggested best practices, including bot detection, CAPTCHA implementations, and purchase limits (AMD suggests customers be limited to one GPU per user, and that the store monitor all orders for duplicate names, addresses, or email addresses). It also recommends that stores switch to manual order processing and verification on the day of launch to prevent automated systems from letting bots through previously undetected gaps.

At least they're trying. Will it work? Should they do more?

They're good first steps, it will weed out most bot networks. However believe it or not, some bot networks can circumvent CAPTCHA and other countermeasures.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Better than nothing, although I’m not holding out high hopes I’ll be able to grab it on day one.

Neofire

At least AMD is trying to cut down on the bs......Unlike Sony and Microsoft 👀 and we know the retailers couldn't give a damn. Ebay is a big problem in this regard too for letting people price gouge with impunity.

Enjay

Banned
This is just lip service. They're not doing anything except implying they wanna do something. Also counting on retailers to verify where the money is coming from before selling? 🤣😂

Top Bottom