• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMD Radeon RX6800/RX6800XT Reviews/Benchmarks Thread |OT|

Ascend

You've got such a persecution complex. Poor AMD, always such an underdog, and you, the brave and gallant white knight there to protect the honor of lady Lisa Su. It's so cringe to watch but it's literally all you do.
Uhuh... Attempt to ridicule the person when there's no argument left 🤷‍♂️

The fact that you and Unknown Soldier are still hanging out here proves my point... Irony at its finest.

In any case... At least listings are starting to appear on Amazon;

Last edited:
I have an ultrawide. And there is no way I'm going back to 16:9. This monitor, I bought it for $250 4 years ago. And as long as it's working, I'm not going to upgrade it.

I have three 4K TVs in my home, one 42", two 50". I know what 4K looks like.

Time to repeat it again;

The 6800 cards have hardware accelerated ray tracing.

giphy.gif

You know what amazes me? The same people cheering for 4K are cheering for DLSS, which is inevitably not 4K.

So, like you're going to waste 6800/6800xt performance on a marginally high than 1920x1080p resolution on what couldn't be more than a 100hz monitor? Makes sense.

And simultaneously call people using dlss upscale from 1440p to 4k silly? That's funny

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
ROFLMAO :messenger_grinning_squinting:

You guys recognize why r/realamd exists, yes? Or are you genuinely under the impression that r/amd is representative of AMD enthusiasts??? Why am I asking... guys like you are probably the reason why they had to create the alternate sub.
Seeing a version of the "No True Scotsman" fallacy play out in real life on behalf of a computer hardware company, of all things, is truly astounding.

The fact that such a persecution complex exists that a hardcore segment of the userbase had to take their ball and go home should be a giant warning sign of self reflection and introspection.

Bolivar687

Banned
Seeing a version of the "No True Scotsman" fallacy play out in real life on behalf of a computer hardware company, of all things, is truly astounding.

The fact that such a persecution complex exists that a hardcore segment of the userbase had to take their ball and go home should be a giant warning sign of self reflection and introspection.

Trying to pretend that r/AMD hasn't constantly suffered derailment and shitposting from anti-AMD trolls is some next-level gaslighting and you guys are starting to get into some real creepy abusive territory with it at this point.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Trying to pretend that r/AMD hasn't constantly suffered derailment and shitposting from anti-AMD trolls is some next-level gaslighting and you guys are starting to get into some real creepy abusive territory with it at this point.
I'm not convinced that it's worse than any other subreddit. It might be, but I don't see it. I also don't see any other large public splinter groups like realintel, realnvidia, realplaystation, realxbox, realnike, realapple, realoceanspray, or anything else.

I'm eager to see how well the 6900 XT performs. Anybody else?

Not really. We know how these cards perform. Like how 6800XT is 10% slower than a 3080, the 6900 is gonna be 5 to 10% slower than the 3090. Its probably gonna be closer to a 3080 than a 3090.

Im curious about the actual price. It seem nvidia may have cought amd by surprise with their pricing. Thats why the 6800Xt is "650" dollars, but its in fact 800. AMD seems like just spit out a price just to seem marginally lower than nvidia but the card doesnt actually cost that. It means the 6900 could also see a +200-300 dollars on its fictional msrp

Considering it only has 8 more CUs than the 6800XT I would assume it will be a little behind the 3090 overall at stock clocks. If the 6900XT dies are better binned than the 6800XT and if AMD allow a higher power limit vs 6800XT then it might even overclock to a higher degree than the 6800XT.

However we might have to wait for the AIB models to have a further unlocked power limit to allow any kind of serious overclock.

Not really. We know how these cards perform. Like how 6800XT is 10% slower than a 3080, the 6900 is gonna be 5 to 10% slower than the 3090. Its probably gonna be closer to a 3080 than a 3090.

Im curious about the actual price. It seem nvidia may have cought amd by surprise with their pricing. Thats why the 6800Xt is "650" dollars, but its in fact 800. AMD seems like just spit out a price just to seem marginally lower than nvidia but the card doesnt actually cost that. It means the 6900 could also see a +200-300 dollars on its fictional msrp

No, at worst case the 6800XT is 6% slower than the 3080:

relative-performance_3840-2160.png

At 1440p the gap is 4%:

relative-performance_2560-1440.png

So I expect the 6900XT to be 5% slower only at 4K than the 3090. Even with a markup, it'll still be significantly cheaper.

Last edited:
No, at worst case the 6800XT is 6% slower than the 3080:

relative-performance_3840-2160.png

At 1440p the gap is 4%:

relative-performance_2560-1440.png

So I expect the 6900XT to be 5% slower only at 4K than the 3090. Even with a markup, it'll still be significantly cheaper.

Depending on the game selection, you can average 12% more performance on a 3080.

You can have individual games that are much faster than that. A 3080 is:

22% faster in Black Mesa
41% faster in Desperados 3
17% faster in Detroit Become Human
16% faster in Red Dead 2
16% faster in Resident Evil 3
23% faster in Jedi Fallen Order

Based on all the reviews, even the ones leaning really bad for AMD that got the 3080 being only 2% faster, the 3080 rounds up at 7.4% faster per all the review sites. Which is pretty much what i said in regards to the 6900XT, it will probably be 5 to 10% slower than a 3090.

thelastword

Banned
Considering it only has 8 more CUs than the 6800XT I would assume it will be a little behind the 3090 overall at stock clocks. If the 6900XT dies are better binned than the 6800XT and if AMD allow a higher power limit vs 6800XT then it might even overclock to a higher degree than the 6800XT.

However we might have to wait for the AIB models to have a further unlocked power limit to allow any kind of serious overclock.
Apart from the 8 extra CU's, the 6900XT has a bit more Shading Units over the 6800XT as well......A little higher power draw should put it in good stead as a 4K capable GPU...So yes it's all based and calculated from the number of CU's and ROPs, but the paper metrics still translates to.......

6900XT having 512 more shading units, 32 more TMU's and with the TDP being higher there, that should give it a nice boost over the 6800XT. Should also bear in mind that the 3090 was only 5% faster than the 3080 or even less.....so beating the 3090 is not some gargantuan task.....The 6800XT and even the 6800 is already beating the 3090 in many games...

Look at these cards rasterizing performance in Riftbreaker, non RT...

I suppose you could say that I am, because my guess is that the performance of the biggest Big Navi will more or less determine if Nvidia will go forward with the rumored “3080 Ti” or not to try and counter it, since the 3090 costs $1500 but the 6900 XT is theoretically priced at $1000, and realistically it will probably sell at that price since AMD is producing only reference designs with no AIB’s in the picture.

However if the last 2-3 gens of AMD’s highest level halo product have been any indication, they will probably only produce a few thousand and then forget it existed forever, like the Radeon VII and the water-cooled version of the Fury X. I don’t expect wide availability of the 6900 XT, and that’s saying a lot since the 6800 XT seems nonexistent at launch and there will be even fewer 6900 XT ever made.

But if it does motivate Nvidia to release the “3080 Ti” as planned, then I will be very happy because then I won’t need to spend $1500 on a 3090.

MadYarpen

I suppose you could say that I am, because my guess is that the performance of the biggest Big Navi will more or less determine if Nvidia will go forward with the rumored “3080 Ti” or not to try and counter it, since the 3090 costs $1500 but the 6900 XT is theoretically priced at $1000, and realistically it will probably sell at that price since AMD is producing only reference designs with no AIB’s in the picture.

However if the last 2-3 gens of AMD’s highest level halo product have been any indication, they will probably only produce a few thousand and then forget it existed forever, like the Radeon VII and the water-cooled version of the Fury X. I don’t expect wide availability of the 6900 XT, and that’s saying a lot since the 6800 XT seems nonexistent at launch and there will be even fewer 6900 XT ever made.

But if it does motivate Nvidia to release the “3080 Ti” as planned, then I will be very happy because then I won’t need to spend $1500 on a 3090.
I think some AIB models of 6900 were announced some time ago.

E: sorry, I was mistaken. I remembered the headline, but it is a reference model.

Last edited:

llien

Link is in the very post on which you've commented... Even visible on this page.

I don’t expect wide availability of the 6900 XT
You didn't expect biggest RDNA chip to compete beyond 3070 either.

So what you’re saying is....there’s now a Resetera version of r/AMD too?
/r/amd is filled green fanboi with AMD CPUs (and even without).
Nothing woke about it, pure butthurt.

Last edited:
According to Hardware Unboxed it seems they spoke to AMD and AMD said that AIB models would be available at or close to reference price within 4-8 weeks.

Obviously take with a grain of salt as it could just be AMD trying to spin the bad PR they are getting for this but it would be nice if prices became more sane.

Of course I don't know if we will still get gouged in Europe or not either way so 🤷‍♂️

llien

Apart from the 8 extra CU's, the 6900XT has a bit more Shading Units over the 6800XT as well......A little higher power draw should put it in good stead as a 4K capable GPU...So yes it's all based and calculated from the number of CU's and ROPs, but the paper metrics still translates to.......

6900XT having 512 more shading units, 32 more TMU's and with the TDP being higher there, that should give it a nice boost over the 6800XT. Should also bear in mind that the 3090 was only 5% faster than the 3080 or even less.....so beating the 3090 is not some gargantuan task.....The 6800XT and even the 6800 is already beating the 3090 in many games...

Look at these cards rasterizing performance in Riftbreaker, non RT...

Welp, note that in LIsa's presentation 6900XT used SAM + Rage mode to beat 3090 in most (but not all) games.
Gap between 3080 and 3090 is about 10%.
(which makes 2080Ti expectations, bar fixing comical VRAM size, even more laughable)

Depending on the game selection, you can average 12% more performance on a 3080.

You can have individual games that are much faster than that. A 3080 is:

22% faster in Black Mesa
41% faster in Desperados 3
17% faster in Detroit Become Human
16% faster in Red Dead 2
16% faster in Resident Evil 3
23% faster in Jedi Fallen Order

Based on all the reviews, even the ones leaning really bad for AMD that got the 3080 being only 2% faster, the 3080 rounds up at 7.4% faster per all the review sites. Which is pretty much what i said in regards to the 6900XT, it will probably be 5 to 10% slower than a 3090.

What? You said 10% slower. There's a big difference between 6.9% slower average and 10% fantasy of yours. Anyway, cherry picking individual titles works both ways, that never proves any point.

Also, you get about 9-10% more performance overclocking 6800XTs. For 3080s, you get 2-4%, whilst drawing more power.

Last edited:
What? You said 10% slower. There's a big difference between 6.9% slower average and 10% fantasy of yours. Anyway, cherry picking individual titles works both ways, that never proves any point.

Also, you get about 9-10% more performance overclocking 6800XTs. For 3080s, you get 2-4%, whilst drawing more power.

No, its not that big of a difference between 7.4% faster and 10. No, you dont get 10% extra performance oc the radeon, you get 5 over the normal boost. Same as nvidia. Or even a bit lower.

Its not cherry picking individual titles, its pointing out there are games that have a higher than average uplift. No, it doesnt go both ways, because the 6800xt is slower. There are a few games that run faster, but they;re a handful.

This allegiance to one brand or another instead of buying whats best at any given moment in time is really hard to grasp honestly. Some people here try so hard to alter the reality of the situation. To make shit up and it being different than it is. AMD released their cards. Nvidia has a card thats better in every measurable way, from any angle, outside the vram quantity. I dont really follow this push for ignoring reality. The 6800XT at similar price of a 3080 does not make a lick of sense. You're literally buying a worse product for the same money. Shouldnt people buy what gives them the best for the money, instead of trying to convince themselves the other corporation is somehow better or competitive ?

Oh, i just thought we're playing some game for mentally challenged people that i dont understand. Was just following your lead so you dont feel bad

S Soulblighter31 If you want to stop receiving LOL reactions then stop posting LOL-worthy content in this thread. Simple as that.

I don't know what you are like in non AMD/Nvidia related threads, maybe your posts in those kinds of threads are reasoned and constructive worthwhile contributions and you are a chill guy to discuss things with.

I don't know because I've never seen that S Soulblighter31 . In AMD/Nvidia threads you come across as an unhinged Nvidia fanboy, simple as that. Every post you make is farcical, you signal boost anything positive about Nvidia and quote their obviously nonsense marketing verbatim as if it were 100% true. You outright ignore or do your best to downplay any negative whatsoever regarding Nvidia or their products.

You continuously downplay anything positive about Radeon products often times massively exaggerating or outright lying to achieve your desired narrative. Your framing and deductions are mostly stupidly partisan. Trying to actually discuss things with you is like trying to deprogram a cult member or someone from North Korea.

I've long since written off engaging with your posts as it is a futile effort, like bashing your head against a brick wall. Hence the LOL emojis. It is obvious why you are in this thread, posting like you do and so often. You are simply here to troll with negative comments about Radeon products and to prosthelytize the second coming of Nvidia. Surely you have better things to do with your time?

At least some of the other Nvidia trolls in this thread are at least somewhat self aware and post in a semi tongue and cheek fashion to "score points" or whatever. At least it is possible to have a bit of banter with them when they are not in full troll mode. Some will even concede when they are wrong or admit positive points about the competition.

But with you it is like you see an AMD/Nvidia thread and you get activated like some kind of manchurian candidate. It is very tiresome and all I can do is roll my eyes and chuckle a bit when I read one of your posts.

It is a pity because maybe if you dialed back the propaganda pushing True Believer schtick we could all actually have a conversation. These are GPUs we are talking about here, luxury items that are essentially "toys". This is not a life or death discussion, take it back a notch please.

So let me get this straight. Posting concrete facts about these cards and posting how the new amd cards are slower in every review on the web is me lying and being farcical ? I see. Im downplaying everything about AMD's cards ? Downplaying ? What exactly has the 6800 did that needs uplifting ? Im awaiting the positives from you. What you're saying is im not cocksucking amd enough for you to have a conversation ? Im sure i'll survive

So let me get this straight. Posting concrete facts about these cards and posting how the new amd cards are slower in every review on the web is me lying and being farcical ? I see. Im downplaying everything about AMD's cards ? Downplaying ? What exactly has the 6800 did that needs uplifting ? Im awaiting the positives from you. What you're saying is im not cocksucking amd enough for you to have a conversation ? Im sure i'll survive

Exhibit A 🤷‍♂️

FireFly

Its not cherry picking individual titles, its pointing out there are games that have a higher than average uplift. No, it doesnt go both ways, because the 6800xt is slower. There are a few games that run faster, but they;re a handful.
There are a small number of games that are significantly faster on the 6800 XT at 4K. At 1440p, plenty of games are significantly faster on the 6800 XT.

Mod of War Mod of War Keylime Keylime DGrayson DGrayson

Sorry to ping you all but this thread has turned into a real shit show for those of us actually interested in discussing these cards.

I don't normally do this kind of thing but this thread has been continuously derailed by blatant trolls brigading the thread essentially from the get go. Every time the thread gets back on track with people actually discussing things relating to these cards the trolls come out of the woodwork again and again to derail and antagonize.

Most people in the thread are actually interested in these cards and discussing news/reviews/new info as they become available. However the trolls clearly have no interest in purchasing these cards or discussing them in any reasonable manner. There are plenty of threads for those who want to post about how great the 3000 series of cards are or Nvidia in general.

If some people have no interest in these cards or discussing them honestly then why are they posting so feverently in this thread?

To quote myself:

I would question the need some Nvidia leaning people have to constantly post in Radeon related threads with either mostly negative AMD comments or positive Nvidia comments. It gives off a vibe that shows a lack of confidence in your purchase or a fear of competition. "Thou dost protest too much" and all of that. If people really didn't believe AMD was competitive again and offering a solid product then they wouldn't feel the need to constantly reaffirm their love of Nvidia products and dislike of AMD offerings in AMD related threads

There are a small number of games that are significantly faster on the 6800 XT at 4K. At 1440p, plenty of games are significantly faster on the 6800 XT.

Could you direct me to the places which show a 6800XT significantly faster at 1440p ? I just looked Computer base.de, guru3d, kitguru and pcgameshardware and in all those sites the 6800XT is slower at 1440p.

ryujin seems to like acting like some sort of victim, doesnt back the claims he makes and screams for moderators to shut down what he doesn like, what doesnt suit with the narative hes trying to push. That is behaviour thats just brimming with confidence.

Seems refering to reviews sites results means downplaying AMD, posting fallacy and lies and "downplaying".

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Hey guys, I know NVidia and AMD both just released some new GPUs and everyone wants to know which is better... but I think we shouldn’t allow any comparisons in this thread unless they clearly favor AMD. Otherwise that’s just trolling.

I honestly don't even know what you're all even arguing about now.

These cards are phantoms, they don't exist. And any cost/frame analysis is nonsense and a waste of time because they're not at MSRP so you're running the gauntlet of retailers raping your ass.

If you want a card, buy whatever you see in stock, because you realistically don't even have choice.

Ascend

So, like you're going to waste 6800/6800xt performance on a marginally high than 1920x1080p resolution on what couldn't be more than a 100hz monitor? Makes sense.

And simultaneously call people using dlss upscale from 1440p to 4k silly? That's funny
Oh. You missed the part where I'm planning to get into VR? And that I keep my cards for close 5 years...? I know more than enough about hardware and the progress in the market to know what I am doing and why I am doing it. You don't have to understand nor do I owe you any explanation.
And where did I call the ones that use DLSS to upscale silly? Oh right. I didn't. But if you are going to tout native 4k, you cannot tout DLSS at the same time, because it's not native 4K. That's called logic, something that is hard to find in here apparently, because everyone is too busy waving their pricks around. The whole point was that resolution is not everything. But whatever. You are all going to nitpick whatever suits your case anyway, because, yeah, prick waving.

Then go away. You have nothing to do here.
Uhuh.. You're "curious" about the "actual" price so that you can beat AMD with it right? And of course you're completely ignoring that 3080s are going for $1000+... So both are having inflated prices due to much higher demand than supply, and there's the additional shipping costs due to covid and so on. But for AMD, noooo. It's AMD that was caught of guard 🤷‍♂️

In other words, cherry picking. Uhuh. Of course you would do that to justify your preposterous numbers...

If this was a PS5 thread, most of you would not have only been thread-banned, you would have been banned from NeoGAF completely.

Hey guys, I know NVidia and AMD both just released some new GPUs and everyone wants to know which is better... but I think we shouldn’t allow any comparisons in this thread unless they clearly favor AMD. Otherwise that’s just trolling.

Nobody has any problem with comparisons or benchmarks. You do realize that I'm the one who created this thread right?

Now lets have a quick look at the title:

AMD Radeon RX6800/RX6800XT Reviews/Benchmarks Thread |OT|

You do know what a benchmark is at its core...right? Yes a comparison. Now what other GPUs also appear on that comparison? That's right Nvidia past and present and AMD past and present.

This thread itself is literally about benchmarks and reviews. In the OP I updated with embedded links to multiple popular youtube reviewers who had....wait for it.... benchmarks/comparisons to Nvidia's 3000 series. Some had somewhat negative opinions about the 6000 series while others had somewhat positive opinions.

Why would I create a thread about benchmarks and reviews, literally link to multiple reviews/benchmarks with both positive and negative final thoughts/comparisons with 6800 cards? Why would I do all of that if I was somehow against comparisons?

This low IQ attempt to reframe the sentiment of my recent posts is pretty transparent. Trolls have been called out and now are attempting to shift the narrative to some bizarre fantasy that I, or anyone in this thread in fact, has some kind of problem with comparisons of these cards if they somehow show AMD in a bad light.

What an absolutely bizarre narrative to try to spin in a thread that is literally created for the purpose of benchmarks and comparisons. What is even more ridiculous is trying to frame the thread creator, who actually posted these benchmarks and comparisons and updated the OP with general summaries, as someone who is against a comparison if it shows AMD in a bad light when I literally posted the benchmarks and summary in the OP.

Hint, in all the benchmarks the 3080 is ahead of the 6800XT at 4K. No sane person is disputing that at all. Nor have I ever denied it. If you are going to try this weak troll on me it won't get you very far. Up your game please.

Just upgraded to a RTX 3080 + Predator X35 ultrawide, definitely playing this on day 1 (which I hope to god is December 10)

Huh...would you look at that, who on earth could have possibly guessed based on your posts in this thread? I for one am shocked, shocked I tell you.

No, its not that big of a difference between 7.4% faster and 10. No, you dont get 10% extra performance oc the radeon, you get 5 over the normal boost. Same as nvidia. Or even a bit lower.

This allegiance to one brand or another instead of buying whats best at any given moment in time is really hard to grasp honestly. Some people here try so hard to alter the reality of the situation. To make shit up and it being different than it is. AMD released their cards. Nvidia has a card thats better in every measurable way, from any angle, outside the vram quantity. I dont really follow this push for ignoring reality. The 6800XT at similar price of a 3080 does not make a lick of sense. You're literally buying a worse product for the same money. Shouldnt people buy what gives them the best for the money, instead of trying to convince themselves the other corporation is somehow better or competitive ?

The irony is astounding. You've galloped into this thread pulling numbers out your ass. '10% slower'!

Yes, 9-10% boost from overclocking:

overclocked-performance.png

TechPowerUp said:
Actual 3D performance gained from overclocking is 9.1%.

Again, I'm using reputable resources for the figures I'm using instead of plucking things out of thin air or relying on feelings like your self.

I'm not even saying the 6800XT is a better buy than the 3080 at MSRP, but I take issue with made up numbers to make your favourite brand look better.

The irony is astounding. You've galloped into this thread pulling numbers out your ass. '10% slower'!

Again, I'm using reputable resources for the figures I'm using instead of plucking things out of thin air or relying on feelings like your self.

I'm not even saying the 6800XT is a better buy than the 3080 at MSRP, but I take issue with made up numbers to make your favourite brand look better.

And that is the reference model that they have put a manual OC on. The AIB models have a higher power limit and better cooling so can actually be pushed further with a manual OC.

no need to get hostile. I already posted numbers from guru3d

They had a 5% increase in oc on their sample. Maybe techpowerup had a better silicon at their disposal. Im always providing multiple sources whenever i say something, im not making anything up. I dont have an allegiance to a company. If someone is better at that given point in time, ill buy that. If i were in the market for a cpu right now, im not gonna go and buy an intel if the new ryzens are faster in every area.

The same with gpu's. Im not gonna go and buy a 6000 series of cards when they cost the same or more than a 3080 and are worse in every way. You could actually buy at launch and to this day if youre lucky a 3080 at msrp. You cant buy a 6800 at msrp

Ok, getting back on track I came across this video which was pretty interesting:

It looks like there is a hard BIOS limit of 2800Mhz clock speed on the 6800XT.

This hard limit seems to come directly from AMD, I wonder if there are maybe problems with logic or silicon if pushed beyond this limit?

Or maybe power draw becomes crazy once you go beyond that clock speed? I can't imagine them artificially limiting them like this unless they had a good reason?

I guess it is possible that the 6900XT has a higher clock limit in the BIOS so they artificially limited the 6800XT to differentiate the tiers of the cards? But I find that unlikely and seeing as they are both Navi21 based dies I'm assuming the 6900XT will also face the same hard BIOS limit.

FireFly

Could you direct me to the places which show a 6800XT significantly faster at 1440p ? I just looked Computer base.de, guru3d, kitguru and pcgameshardware and in all those sites the 6800XT is slower at 1440p.
I'm talking about individual benchmarks, not performance overall. On the sites you list, the 6800 XT is significantly faster in Assassin's Creed Valhalla, Dirt 5, Star Wars: Squadrons, Watch Dogs: Legion (apart from Guru3D) and Battlefield 5. The 6800 XT is also much faster in Godfall and in the new Riftbreaker benchmarks, though we need to wait for Nvidia to develop proper drivers.

Anyway, the point is that AMD seems to deliver better results in recent titles, so the jury is still out as to who will win in next gen games at 1440p.

Oh looks like I was wrong, it seems that the 6900XT has a higher clock limit in the BIOS of 3000Mhz

I don't really like artificially limiting your product to differentiate tiers in a more pronounced way. But I guess you can always mod the BIOS of the 6800XT with a 6900XT BIOS if you were willing to risk bricking your card and wanted that extra 200-300Mhz boost.

Kenpachii

the closer you are to the screen the more the 4k matters. of course there is a massive improvement in image quality. If you render a high resolution texture at the same screen area with 32 pixels instead of 8 then you have a massive detail increase. I think its crazy how people insist that 1080p ultra is better than 4k when they cant even render those "real" ultra settings because they dont have enough pixels to do so. obviously all that doesnt matter if you sit to far away. if resolution doesnt matter those 1080p fans would play with 320p or something. nothing against people that do play in 1080p but calling a higher resolution a meme is silly.

Lul what? So you want to continue playing on a 22 inch 1080p monitor to get the same ppi as a 43 inch 4k monitor? (Assuming you're sitting close enough to each to use a mouse)

Otherwise, the image quality is decidedly NOT the same but whatever you gotta tell yourself

100+ fps >>>>> barely shit tier hovering 60 fps performance.

That's why people sit at 1080p and with games becoming more and more demanding every single title 4k is becoming a pipe dream unless u like console like playstyles and u are happy with shit tier performance in newer games.

Sorry but no matter what those 4k people try to say the performance simple isn't there with newer titles and that's why u buy better performing cards for more performance in games that come out where your pc struggles with.

Also who the fuck sits at a 43 inch behind a desk. Holy shit that's the most retarded shit i ever heard. I had a 34 inch screen once never again. way to big the first thing u do is sit further away from the screen so it becomes the same size again, 27 inch is absolutely the biggest size i would ever get and frankly 4k makes no sense for it.

Last edited:

Ascend

The same with gpu's. Im not gonna go and buy a 6000 series of cards when they cost the same or more than a 3080 and are worse in every way.
Not every way. And you have a very funny way of ignoring the 3070.

You could actually buy at launch and to this day if youre lucky a 3080 at msrp. You cant buy a 6800 at msrp
Yes you could, and you still can through AMD's website "if you're lucky". Ebay is practically flooded with those cards. If none were available, how come they are all over Ebay? Even AIBs cards (Link). Ridiculous prices still.

It's extremely hard to gauge at this point who did better, and honestly, it's a pointless discussion. Both lack enough supply to meet demand, and no one has official numbers of everything that has been produced or shipped. The only real official numbers we have are from some individual retailers, which not necessarily represent the whole, and the other is nVidia's sales numbers to miners. Hardly enough to judge the situation in favor of one or the other, although technically selling to miners instead of gamers is a no no, but that's another discussion for another thread.

Oh looks like I was wrong, it seems that the 6900XT has a higher clock limit in the BIOS of 3000Mhz

I don't really like artificially limiting your product to differentiate tiers in a more pronounced way. But I guess you can always mod the BIOS of the 6800XT with a 6900XT BIOS if you were willing to risk bricking your card and wanted that extra 200-300Mhz boost.

Unfortunately, AMD is doing this. They did the same thing with the 5700. It was artificially limited as to not reach 5700XT numbers.

Last edited:

BluRayHiDef

Banned
Hardware Unboxed's review of the RX 6800 XT includes benchmark results for 18 games that show the card rendering quite a few of them faster than the RTX 3080 in 1440p but slower than the RTX 3080 in 4K.

Godfall (1440p)
RX 6800XT -> 79 FPS Min & 100 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 71 FPS Min & 88 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 80 FPS Min & 104 FPS Avg

Godfall (4K)
RX 6800XT -> 50 FPS Min & 59 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 49 FPS Min & 59 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 55 FPS Min & 68 FPS Avg

Watch Dogs: Legion (1440p)
RX 6800XT -> 70 FPS Min & 85 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 69 FPS Min & 85 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 71 FPS Min & 91 FPS Avg

Watch Dogs: Legion (4K)
RX 6800XT -> 42 FPS Min & 49 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 47 FPS Min & 55 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 50 FPS Min & 61 FPS Avg

Assassin's Creed Valhalla (1440p)
RX 6800XT -> 66 FPS Min & 89 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 56 FPS Min & 75 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 58 FPS Min & 78 FPS Avg

Assassin's Creed Valhalla (4K)
RX 6800XT -> 44 FPS Min & 57 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 42 FPS Min & 56 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 45 FPS Min & 59 FPS Avg

Dirt 5 (1440p)
RX 6800XT -> 104 FPS Min & 117 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 80 FPS Min & 90 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 86 FPS Min & 99 FPS Avg

Dirt 5 (4K)
RX 6800XT -> 72 FPS Min & 80 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 60 FPS Min & 69 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 67 FPS Min & 76 FPS Avg

Death Stranding (1440p)
RX 6800XT -> 140 FPS Min & 161 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 139 FPS Min & 157 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 140 FPS Min & 160 FPS Avg

Death Stranding (4K)
RX 6800XT -> 93 FPS Min & 102 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 97 FPS Min & 107 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 99 FPS Min & 113 FPS Avg

Microsoft Flight Simulator (1440p)
RX 6800XT -> 42 FPS Min & 51 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 40 FPS Min & 50 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 44 FPS Min & 53 FPS Avg

Microsoft Flight Simulator (4K)
RX 6800XT -> 31 FPS Min & 33 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 37 FPS Min & 40 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 41 FPS Min & 44 FPS Avg

Shadow of the Tomb Raider (1440p)
RX 6800XT -> 116 FPS Min & 151 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 119 FPS Min & 154 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 130 FPS Min & 170 FPS Avg

Shadow of the Tomb Raider (4K)
RX 6800XT -> 65 FPS Min & 79 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 71 FPS Min & 87 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 76 FPS Min & 96 FPS Avg

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege (1440p)
RX 6800XT -> 280 FPS Min & 337 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 273 FPS Min & 327 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 301 FPS Min & 360 FPS Avg

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege (4K)
RX 6800XT -> 145 FPS Min & 168 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 152 FPS Min & 174 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 176 FPS Min & 201 FPS Avg

F1 2020 (1440p)
RX 6800XT -> 157 FPS Min & 197 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 164 FPS Min & 193 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 176 FPS Min & 203 FPS Avg

F1 2020 (4K)
RX 6800XT -> 100 FPS Min & 124 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 112 FPS Min & 129 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 121 FPS Min & 138 FPS Avg

Gears of War 5 (1440p)
RX 6800XT -> 88 FPS Min & 111 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 90 FPS Min & 107 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 92 FPS Min & 109 FPS Avg

Gears of War 5 (4K)
RX 6800XT -> 56 FPS Min & 66 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 62 FPS Min & 74 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 63 FPS Min & 78 FPS Avg

Horizon Zero Dawn (1440p)
RX 6800XT -> 88 FPS Min & 117 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 83 FPS Min & 118 FPS
Avg
RTX 3090 -> 85 FPS Min & 126 FPS Avg

Horizon Zero Dawn (4K)
RX 6800XT -> 57 FPS Min & 66 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 50 FPS Min & 73 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 59 FPS Min & 79 FPS Avg

Assassin's Creed Odyssey (1440p)
RX 6800XT -> 52 FPS Min & 80 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 54 FPS Min & 84 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 56 FPS Min & 86 FPS Avg

Assassin's Creed Odyssey (4K)
RX 6800XT -> 45 FPS Min & 65 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 43 FPS Min & 62 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 45 FPS Min & 66 FPS Avg

World War Z (1440p)
RX 6800XT -> 160 FPS Min & 207 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 162 FPS Min & 190 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 168 FPS Min & 221 FPS Avg

World War Z (4K)
RX 6800XT -> 122 FPS Min & 134 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 98 FPS Min & 118 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 118 FPS Min & 139 FPS Avg

Metro Exodus (1440p)
RX 6800XT -> 114 FPS Min & 157 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 113 FPS Min & 153 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 119 FPS Min & 155 FPS Avg

Metro Exodus (4K)
RX 6800XT -> 90 FPS Min & 105 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 98 FPS Min & 124 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 108 FPS Min & 132 FPS Avg

Resident Evil 3 (1440p)
RX 6800XT -> 153 FPS Min & 190 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 161 FPS Min & 196 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 178 FPS Min & 216 FPS Avg

Resident Evil 3 (4K)
RX 6800XT -> 82 FPS Min & 98 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 88 FPS Min & 104 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 100 FPS Min & 119 FPS Avg

Doom Eternal (1440p)
RX 6800XT -> 234 FPS Min & 308 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 237 FPS Min & 312 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 255 FPS Min & 346 FPS Avg

Doom Eternal (4K)
RX 6800XT -> 147 FPS Min & 175 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 154 FPS Min & 189 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 170 FPS Min & 209 FPS Avg

Wolfenstein: Youngblood (1440p)
RX 6800XT -> 163 FPS Min & 241 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 176 FPS Min & 252 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 185 FPS Min & 271 FPS Avg

Wolfenstein: Youngblood (4K)
RX 6800XT -> 122 FPS Min & 137 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 128 FPS Min & 151 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 134 FPS Min & 170 FPS Avg

Hitman 2 (1440p)
RX 6800XT -> 105 FPS Min & 126 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 103 FPS Min & 123 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 105 FPS Min & 126 FPS Avg

Hitman 2 (4K)
RX 6800XT -> 70 FPS Min & 81 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 72 FPS Min & 88 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 80 FPS Min & 94 FPS Avg

Last edited:

Kenpachii

Hardware Unboxed's review of the RX 6800 XT includes benchmark results for 18 games that show the card rendering quite a few of them faster than the RTX 3080 in 1440p but slower than the RTX 3080 in 4K.

Godfall (1440p)
RX 6800XT -> 79 FPS Min & 100 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 71 FPS Min & 88 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 80 FPS Min & 104 FPS Avg

Godfall (4K)
RX 6800XT -> 50 FPS Min & 59 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 49 FPS Min & 59 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 55 FPS Min & 68 FPS Avg

Watch Dogs: Legion (1440p)
RX 6800XT -> 70 FPS Min & 85 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 69 FPS Min & 85 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 71 FPS Min & 91 FPS Avg

Watch Dogs: Legion (4K)
RX 6800XT -> 42 FPS Min & 49 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 47 FPS Min & 55 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 50 FPS Min & 61 FPS Avg

Assassin's Creed Valhalla (1440p)
RX 6800XT -> 66 FPS Min & 89 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 56 FPS Min & 75 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 58 FPS Min & 78 FPS Avg

Assassin's Creed Valhalla (4K)
RX 6800XT -> 44 FPS Min & 57 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 42 FPS Min & 56 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 45 FPS Min & 59 FPS Avg

Dirt 5 (1440p)
RX 6800XT -> 104 FPS Min & 117 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 80 FPS Min & 90 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 86 FPS Min & 99 FPS Avg

Dirt 5 (4K)
RX 6800XT -> 72 FPS Min & 80 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 60 FPS Min & 69 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 67 FPS Min & 76 FPS Avg

Death Stranding (1440p)
RX 6800XT -> 140 FPS Min & 161 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 139 FPS Min & 157 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 140 FPS Min & 160 FPS Avg

Death Stranding (4K)
RX 6800XT -> 93 FPS Min & 102 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 97 FPS Min & 107 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 99 FPS Min & 113 FPS Avg

Microsoft Flight Simulator (1440p)
RX 6800XT -> 42 FPS Min & 51 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 40 FPS Min & 50 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 44 FPS Min & 53 FPS Avg

Microsoft Flight Simulator (4K)
RX 6800XT -> 31 FPS Min & 33 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 37 FPS Min & 40 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 41 FPS Min & 44 FPS Avg

Shadow of the Tomb Raider (1440p)
RX 6800XT -> 116 FPS Min & 151 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 119 FPS Min & 154 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 130 FPS Min & 170 FPS Avg

Shadow of the Tomb Raider (4K)
RX 6800XT -> 65 FPS Min & 79 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 71 FPS Min & 87 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 76 FPS Min & 96 FPS Avg

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege (1440p)
RX 6800XT -> 280 FPS Min & 337 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 273 FPS Min & 327 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 301 FPS Min & 360 FPS Avg

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege (4K)
RX 6800XT -> 145 FPS Min & 168 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 152 FPS Min & 174 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 176 FPS Min & 201 FPS Avg

F1 2020 (1440p)
RX 6800XT -> 157 FPS Min & 197 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 164 FPS Min & 193 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 176 FPS Min & 203 FPS Avg

F1 2020 (4K)
RX 6800XT -> 100 FPS Min & 124 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 112 FPS Min & 129 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 121 FPS Min & 138 FPS Avg

Gears of War 5 (1440p)
RX 6800XT -> 88 FPS Min & 111 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 90 FPS Min & 107 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 92 FPS Min & 109 FPS Avg

Gears of War 5 (4K)
RX 6800XT -> 56 FPS Min & 66 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 62 FPS Min & 74 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 63 FPS Min & 78 FPS Avg

Horizon Zero Dawn (1440p)
RX 6800XT -> 88 FPS Min & 117 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 83 FPS Min & 118 FPS
Avg
RTX 3090 -> 85 FPS Min & 126 FPS Avg

Horizon Zero Dawn (4K)
RX 6800XT -> 57 FPS Min & 66 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 50 FPS Min & 73 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 59 FPS Min & 79 FPS Avg

Assassin's Creed Odyssey (1440p)
RX 6800XT -> 52 FPS Min & 80 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 54 FPS Min & 84 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 56 FPS Min & 86 FPS Avg

Assassin's Creed Odyssey (4K)
RX 6800XT -> 45 FPS Min & 65 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 43 FPS Min & 62 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 45 FPS Min & 66 FPS Avg

World War Z (1440p)
RX 6800XT -> 160 FPS Min & 207 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 162 FPS Min & 190 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 168 FPS Min & 221 FPS Avg

World War Z (4K)
RX 6800XT -> 122 FPS Min & 134 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 98 FPS Min & 118 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 118 FPS Min & 139 FPS Avg

Metro Exodus (1440p)
RX 6800XT -> 114 FPS Min & 157 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 113 FPS Min & 153 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 119 FPS Min & 155 FPS Avg

Metro Exodus (4K)
RX 6800XT -> 90 FPS Min & 105 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 98 FPS Min & 124 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 108 FPS Min & 132 FPS Avg

Resident Evil 3 (1440p)
RX 6800XT -> 153 FPS Min & 190 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 161 FPS Min & 196 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 178 FPS Min & 216 FPS Avg

Resident Evil 3 (4K)
RX 6800XT -> 82 FPS Min & 98 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 88 FPS Min & 104 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 100 FPS Min & 119 FPS Avg

Doom Eternal (1440p)
RX 6800XT -> 234 FPS Min & 308 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 237 FPS Min & 312 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 255 FPS Min & 346 FPS Avg

Doom Eternal (4K)
RX 6800XT -> 147 FPS Min & 175 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 154 FPS Min & 189 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 170 FPS Min & 209 FPS Avg

Wolfenstein: Youngblood (1440p)
RX 6800XT -> 163 FPS Min & 241 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 176 FPS Min & 252 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 185 FPS Min & 271 FPS Avg

Wolfenstein: Youngblood (4K)
RX 6800XT -> 122 FPS Min & 137 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 128 FPS Min & 151 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 134 FPS Min & 170 FPS Avg

Hitman 2 (1440p)
RX 6800XT -> 105 FPS Min & 126 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 103 FPS Min & 123 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 105 FPS Min & 126 FPS Avg

Hitman 2 (4K)
RX 6800XT -> 70 FPS Min & 81 FPS Avg
RTX 3080 -> 72 FPS Min & 88 FPS Avg
RTX 3090 -> 80 FPS Min & 94 FPS Avg

Basically if you don't care about nvidia features 6800xt is the card to get.

Top Bottom