• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMD has caught up to Nvidia in terms of memory latency

spyshagg

Should not be allowed to breed
My comment on the movie industry was to explain the guy going after you that since you're not under NDAs for game dev projects you can be at liberty to freely express your opinions, that's all.
I didn't discredit anything, I actually defended you and even complimented your analsyses and this is how you respond?

He can freely attempt to come here and express any opinion he wishes. And we can freely express how wrong they are.

Anyone presented with the facts above, wont ever claim again that the rx6xxx doesn't compete in 4K, as it constitutes a lie. He however, instead of apologizing, armed with dishonesty on one hand and pride on the other, gave us this following quote.

My comment still stands, it's behind at native 4k resolutions. I don't care if it's 2%. AMD spent the wrong resources focusing on rasterization and STILL isn't on top in that department

And as such, he deserves no defending by anyone, let alone being given gold as a reward for lying. In the real world the above demonstrated proficiency would be reason for immediate job termination.

Last edited:

Soltype

Perception adds to it.
You view superior products (more VRAM, lower power consumption, faster in newer games, also at RT) as inferior.
I think fighting that by lowering prices is not the right way to go.
They need lower prices because their product is not exactly a wash. If they can keep this momentum, their next card should be blowout.

Soltype

I would like to hear more details about that.
They aren't besting NV in every metric, and they don't have the mind or the market share in the GPU space to demand that price. As of right now, the numbers favor NV. Like I said, if they keep this up RDNA 3 is probably going to be better than NVs offering. Only then I think they could ever ask for that price.

Ascend

They aren't besting NV in every metric, and they don't have the mind or the market share in the GPU space to demand that price. As of right now, the numbers favor NV. Like I said, if they keep this up RDNA 3 is probably going to be better than NVs offering. Only then I think they could ever ask for that price.
nVidia never really bested AMD in every metric either. It just so happens that because of mindshare, the nVidia metrics are all people care about, and AMD's are ignored. Just like it has already happened with a bunch of other stuff...

When AMD brings something, nobody cares until nVidia does the same, and when nVidia brings something AMD doesn't have, then suddenly the conclusion is that AMD is always behind.

If it was nVidia that brought a Radeon Chill equivalent or Radeon boost feature first, the forums would be littered with it. If it was AMD that brought RT forth first, nobody would care. You can all tell me how wrong I am, but don't bother. History already proved otherwise.

FireFly

If it was nVidia that brought a Radeon Chill equivalent or Radeon boost feature first, the forums would be littered with it. If it was AMD that brought RT forth first, nobody would care. You can all tell me how wrong I am, but don't bother. History already proved otherwise.
Well, there was a lot of scepticism about ray tracing when the RTX series first launched, and it was seen as big gamble. In general the RTX 2000 series didn't seem to get great mindshare despite all of the new features. I think that vendor specific features are viewed with much more scepticism, since they often have limited takeup, even in Nvidia's case where they have much greater marketing resources. But now ray tracing is part of DX12 and part of the consoles, it's not a niche feature any more, and I think we will reach a point where games are benchmarked with it enabled by default.

Soltype

nVidia never really bested AMD in every metric either. It just so happens that because of mindshare, the nVidia metrics are all people care about, and AMD's are ignored. Just like it has already happened with a bunch of other stuff...

When AMD brings something, nobody cares until nVidia does the same, and when nVidia brings something AMD doesn't have, then suddenly the conclusion is that AMD is always behind.

I never said they did, but they have the market and mind share.It's the same in all fields, a Genesis is very comparable to a BMW, but Hyundai could never charge close to what BMW charges even if they are better cars in certain areas.

johntown

Banned

It seems like your saying the Internet and gamers in general are bias towards NVIDIA?

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Bovine feces.
There is no "tensor core dedicated to DLSS".
Nor is there anything magical about "tensor cores" themselves, essentially, it is "a bunch of FP ops".

And the operation used to improve what otherwise is 90%+ TAA is called "neural network inference". GPUs are pretty darn good at it out of the box.

Hey man sorry for assuming you owned an AMD GPU. I thought for sure you had one since I’ve never seen anybody shill for them so hard. Perhaps you are just really into powerful Asian women.

Ascend

Well, there was a lot of scepticism about ray tracing when the RTX series first launched, and it was seen as big gamble. In general the RTX 2000 series didn't seem to get great mindshare despite all of the new features. I think that vendor specific features are viewed with much more scepticism, since they often have limited takeup, even in Nvidia's case where they have much greater marketing resources. But now ray tracing is part of DX12 and part of the consoles, it's not a niche feature any more, and I think we will reach a point where games are benchmarked with it enabled by default.
All true. But nVidia is at least getting recognition for what they do. The main reason people were skeptical was because nVidia didn't really increase price/performance and were using RTX as the justification for the higher prices and same performance as previous gen. Now with the 3000 series, without the absurd prices of the previous gen (if it wasn't for current shortages) everyone is drooling over RTX.
If it was AMD, they really wouldn't be having the same reaction. I mean, AMD basically invented Mantle, which turned into Vulkan and also influenced DX12. But, nobody really remembers that. All those are some software things floating around somewhere that exist, and nVidia is better at all of them according to the internet.

Async compute? AMD's tech. It's now normal to have it in multiple games, and nobody cares, and nVidia was technically late with it.

Rapid Packed Math, i.e. FP16 giving double the performance of FP32, AMD's innovation. Don't believe me? Look up on TechPowerUp, the Vega 56 or 64, look at the amount of TF for FP16 and FP32. The FP16 TF is double that of FP32. Look up the 1080Ti. FP16 is literally 64 times weaker than FP32 on that card. With Turing, nVidia finally did what AMD had already done. Do people care? Nope.

And it's all partially AMD's fault though. They don't know how to market their stuff. Then again, whenever they seem to try to market something, it blows up in their face somehow. Look at SAM, or resizable bar. Everyone was skeptical when it was announced. When it was announced that Intel and nVidia would also be getting it, suddenly it's an important feature. It's almost as if AMD came with this to advertise more for Intel and nVidia.

Funnily enough, those are all things that improve performance and allow additional graphical effects because they reduce rendering time. nVidia releases one feature that basically crashes performance but looks a bit shinier, and everyone is all over it... To compensate, they release one performance booster at the cost of resolution, and yet again, everyone is all over it.

Mind share is a mofo.

I never said they did, but they have the market and mind share.It's the same in all fields, a Genesis is very comparable to a BMW, but Hyundai could never charge close to what BMW charges even if they are better cars in certain areas.
This is true. Can't argue with that.

It seems like your saying the Internet and gamers in general are bias towards NVIDIA?
Pretty much, but they don't even know they are. It's more a mind share thing than pure bias. I mean... If I ask you whether you'd rather have a Lamborghini or an SSC, unless you're really into cars, you'd say the Lambo, because you don't know SSC, even though SSC is faster.

It's the same thing here. It's not really about the tech itself. It's more about the status that people think it brings. It's the reason people buy iPhones despite similarly priced Android phones being superior in pretty much every way.
Now I'm not saying AMD is superior to nVidia. But the gap is not nearly as large as the online sentiment entails, and AMD does some stuff that nVidia doesn't.

For one, do you know that RDNA2's sampler feedback system is superior to nVidia's Ampere...? Nobody does, and, nobody cares. You'd think that sampler feedback being so important for the consoles, that maybe it's a good idea to take that into account, especially considering resizable bar. But nope. Everyone knows nVidia's RT is faster than AMD's though.

johntown

Banned
Pretty much, but they don't even know they are. It's more a mind share thing than pure bias. I mean... If I ask you whether you'd rather have a Lamborghini or an SSC, unless you're really into cars, you'd say the Lambo, because you don't know SSC, even though SSC is faster.

It's the same thing here. It's not really about the tech itself. It's more about the status that people think it brings. It's the reason people buy iPhones despite similarly priced Android phones being superior in pretty much every way.
Now I'm not saying AMD is superior to nVidia. But the gap is not nearly as large as the online sentiment entails, and AMD does some stuff that nVidia doesn't.

For one, do you know that RDNA2's sampler feedback system is superior to nVidia's Ampere...? Nobody does, and, nobody cares. You'd think that sampler feedback being so important for the consoles, that maybe it's a good idea to take that into account, especially considering resizable bar. But nope. Everyone knows nVidia's RT is faster than AMD's though.
I am biased for sure but it is more the reason you said with the Lamborghini. I want the best of the best for my PC gaming. So that means an AMD CPU and NVIDIA GPU.

I can see the status part too as lots of people see AMD as the poor mans GPU. I don't care about status personally just getting the best PC money can buy for my own enjoyment.

If AMD comes out with a better all around card I have no issue switching. My loyalty is with whichever card is at the top.

FireFly

All true. But nVidia is at least getting recognition for what they do. The main reason people were skeptical was because nVidia didn't really increase price/performance and were using RTX as the justification for the higher prices and same performance as previous gen. Now with the 3000 series, without the absurd prices of the previous gen (if it wasn't for current shortages) everyone is drooling over RTX.
If it was AMD, they really wouldn't be having the same reaction. I mean, AMD basically invented Mantle, which turned into Vulkan and also influenced DX12. But, nobody really remembers that. All those are some software things floating around somewhere that exist, and nVidia is better at all of them according to the internet.

Async compute? AMD's tech. It's now normal to have it in multiple games, and nobody cares, and nVidia was technically late with it.

Rapid Packed Math, i.e. FP16 giving double the performance of FP32, AMD's innovation. Don't believe me? Look up on TechPowerUp, the Vega 56 or 64, look at the amount of TF for FP16 and FP32. The FP16 TF is double that of FP32. Look up the 1080Ti. FP16 is literally 64 times weaker than FP32 on that card. With Turing, nVidia finally did what AMD had already done. Do people care? Nope.

And it's all partially AMD's fault though. They don't know how to market their stuff. Then again, whenever they seem to try to market something, it blows up in their face somehow. Look at SAM, or resizable bar. Everyone was skeptical when it was announced. When it was announced that Intel and nVidia would also be getting it, suddenly it's an important feature. It's almost as if AMD came with this to advertise more for Intel and nVidia.

Funnily enough, those are all things that improve performance and allow additional graphical effects because they reduce rendering time. nVidia releases one feature that basically crashes performance but looks a bit shinier, and everyone is all over it... To compensate, they release one performance booster at the cost of resolution, and yet again, everyone is all over it.
Well, I don't think in general people pay a huge amount of attention to particular details of architectural implementation, even on the Nvidia side. You can look at the work Nvidia did on colour compression with Maxwell/Pascal or their development of async compute, or the details of how they support integer operations. So that's kind of an "insider" thing.

And Nvidia also market plenty of features that go under the radar, such as Nvidia Broadcast, or their competitor to Radeon Anti-Lag or their multi display technology.

But I agree in general that Nvidia market more effectively and have much better mindshare. But accepting that doesn't tell us whether a feature is worthwhile, either way. So in the case of ray tracing, it might just be like the advent of PhysX, or it could be like the advent of programmable pixel shaders. The key to think about is that both Nvidia and AMD have been investing into ray tracing for a long time, that both console vendors invested heavily into it, and the demonstrations of Microsoft and Sony produced a great deal of excitement and interest, across developers and consumers.

Last edited:
Ascend Ascend You could have given better examples. FP16 was common on mobile, it was nothing now, AMD just decided to push for it on PCs and... I wrote a lot but deleted everything but this. We already had this conversation plenty of times but it seems that Nvidia consumers will never be able to understand that Jensen's plots also hurts them.

Ascend

Ascend Ascend You could have given better examples. FP16 was common on mobile, it was nothing now, AMD just decided to push for it on PCs and... I wrote a lot but deleted everything but this. We already had this conversation plenty of times but it seems that Nvidia consumers will never be able to understand that Jensen's plots also hurts them.
Yeah I simply wrote what first came to mind. You're right though. There are better examples. I hope my point still came across though.

Soltype

That's a bit vague of an example. Which numbers?
"It's bad, because mind share" is... exactly what I meant.

Irrational take on things.
I was going off hardware unboxed's 30 game benchmarks. I also never said the card was bad, I am just saying as of right now the card in most benchmarks is slightly slower than the 3080 and has a less mature feature set.This coupled with the lack of market share and mind share is not doing them any favors, these cards should have been cheaper it would have put the spotlight on them. They can keep this up their next card is legitimately going to be really good, they've been working on their features and their hardware, on the opposite end I have no idea what Nvidia has been up to. I can't tell if they're sitting on something good or not.

Last edited:

llien

Hey man sorry
No problem, dude.
I hope your green butthurt will heal over time.

I also never said the card was bad, I am just saying as of right now the card in most benchmarks is slightly slower than the 3080
We were not talking about any particular GPU, but entire lineup, actually.
So the issue is that a card that is slightly cheaper runs cooler and has 6GB more VRAM, is slightly behind another card across 30 games, although, quite notably ahead in the newest games:

8TEnKsq.png

lack of market share and mind share
Has exactly zero impact on consumer, but I think reveals what your argument is REALLY about.
You think that since AMD needs to gain market share (and, surely, you go with the lowest figures there are, i.e. steam hardware review) it needs to go rampage on GPU pricing.

Welp, that has already happened, actually. If you think pricing on Ampere cards (and ridiculously lame VRAM configs, 3060 with 12GB, 3070 with 8GB and 3090 with 10GB, you gotta be kidding me) came out of blue and were not forced by AMD, well, I think that's rather short sighted.

3080 is a GA102 chip, and it was apparently supposed to go for much more than $699 and have twice the VRAM (and likely run at lower clocks too).

Price drop happened because AMD has rolled out great products (all around, from "for the customer" aspect, to "cheap to manufacture", e.g. they get away with slower, cheaper VRAM).

"I want AMD products to be faster, cooler, have VRAM and $100+ cheaper" is not a reasonable request and, anyhow, most people asking for that just want it for NV to drop prices even further.

People who are after good perf/$ already see what is going on and buy accordingly.
The other people that I've just mentioned above are Huang's fanboi anyhow, non-redeemable.

Soltype

No problem, dude.
I hope your green butthurt will heal over time.

We were not talking about any particular GPU, but entire lineup, actually.
So the issue is that a card that is slightly cheaper runs cooler and has 6GB more VRAM, is slightly behind another card across 30 games, although, quite notably ahead in the newest games:

8TEnKsq.png

Has exactly zero impact on consumer, but I think reveals what your argument is REALLY about.
You think that since AMD needs to gain market share (and, surely, you go with the lowest figures there are, i.e. steam hardware review) it needs to go rampage on GPU pricing.

Welp, that has already happened, actually. If you think pricing on Ampere cards (and ridiculously lame VRAM configs, 3060 with 12GB, 3070 with 8GB and 3090 with 10GB, you gotta be kidding me) came out of blue and were not forced by AMD, well, I think that's rather short sighted.

3080 is a GA102 chip, and it was apparently supposed to go for much more than $699 and have twice the VRAM (and likely run at lower clocks too).

Price drop happened because AMD has rolled out great products (all around, from "for the customer" aspect, to "cheap to manufacture", e.g. they get away with slower, cheaper VRAM).

"I want AMD products to be faster, cooler, have VRAM and $100+ cheaper" is not a reasonable request and, anyhow, most people asking for that just want it for NV to drop prices even further.

People who are after good perf/$ already see what is going on and buy accordingly.
The other people that I've just mentioned above are Huang's fanboi anyhow, non-redeemable.
My argument is about economics, market/mind share are a big deal and I want AMD to be a talking point and that's not going happen without a home run.There are behind NV based on a large title pool, I want them to beat NV now, not 2 years later when NV has another card top of the charts.You also need to stop insinuating people criticizing AMD for not throwing everything but the kitchen sink are NV fans.They are in 2nd place, they should be bending over backwards to win people over, there is no shame in business, it's all about money.I have always bounced back and forth between companies and right now AMD is not making as strong of an argument as they used to.

Last edited:

llien

My argument is about economics, market/mind share are a big deal and I want AMD to be a talking point and that's not going happen without a home run.
That's a reasonable argument, but note how you jumped from "its products are meh" to "but it needs to grab market share, so".

insinuating people criticizing AMD
Not sure whom you are talking about, I respond to ad hominems in kind (if I bother at all).
AMD does, in fact, have shockingly good product, only 2 years after Vega and only 1 year after RDNA-1.
Expectations were they would barely match 2080Ti with their best GPU, in reality, they wrecked havoc to entire GPU line of the competitor.

And if MCM rumors (based on patents) are true, oh boy, what will come next...

I want them to beat NV now
This is top dog of AMD vs top dog NV in the most recent 7 games as tested by top German reviewer, computerbase:

DJVe6mZ.png
lZXmfbl.png

Is there some sort of "beat" definition that I am not aware of?

spyshagg

People are quoting performance figures dating from the 6000 series launch dates, where they were a bit behind. I understand that, but today AMD has the rasterization crown.

The mind share is explained by the 6~7 consecutive years of Nvidia having the top dog. The last time AMD beat Nvidia was with the R9 290X beating the Titan in 2013, to which nvidia successfully fought back with the 780ti but it was short lived, because the very same 290X managed to steal back the crown with time.

The mind share previous to 2013 fluctuated between Nvidia and ATI, with Nvidia having some very rough years due to dirty tactics, a mentality which never disappeared from the company (gameworks in 2015 and the Geforce partner program). Aside from excellent products, Nvidia also has an excellent top tier marketing department. Its not easy to get away from shady tactics but they seem immune to it.

Last edited:
People are quoting performance figures dating from the 6000 series launch dates, where they were a bit behind. I understand that, but today AMD has the rasterization crown.

:))) except AMD doesnt have the rasterization crown. nvidia does. 6800xt is behind 3080 and 6900xt is behind 3090. How are some people so delusional about this when you have exact figures for the performance ? I mean, how is this made into "opinions" when everyone cand see the exact numbers and the result ? The amd cult is a really bizzare one. Literally ignoring reality and thinking if they keep repeating against it, it will somehow change

Soltype

That's a reasonable argument, but note how you jumped from "its products are meh" to "but it needs to grab market share, so".

Not sure whom you are talking about, I respond to ad hominems in kind (if I bother at all).
AMD does, in fact, have shockingly good product, only 2 years after Vega and only 1 year after RDNA-1.
Expectations were they would barely match 2080Ti with their best GPU, in reality, they wrecked havoc to entire GPU line of the competitor.

And if MCM rumors (based on patents) are true, oh boy, what will come next...

This is top dog of AMD vs top dog NV in the most recent 7 games as tested by top German reviewer, computerbase:

DJVe6mZ.png
lZXmfbl.png

Is there some sort of "beat" definition that I am not aware of?
Never said there cards were meh, just they should be cheaper.Also never saw the 6900xt benches , I was going off 6800xt numbers. Both the 3090 and 6900xt are bad buys, but if AMD has a stronger card, why don't the benches show the same trend with the 6800xt against the 3080.

spyshagg

:))) except AMD doesnt have the rasterization crown. nvidia does. 6800xt is behind 3080 and 6900xt is behind 3090. How are some people so delusional about this when you have exact figures for the performance ? I mean, how is this made into "opinions" when everyone cand see the exact numbers and the result ? The amd cult is a really bizzare one. Literally ignoring reality and thinking if they keep repeating against it, it will somehow change

You most certainly cannot claim the reports AMD has the crown to be from fanboy delusional bizarre cult ignoring the truth and reality, when there are plenty of evidence AMD is on top. Who the hell are you and who gave you the final word?

You know as much as I do that Nvidia has it as much as AMD has it. Depends on the system and game selection.

Some respect please. Internet anonymity allows for some very dumb rationale, but you are pushing the boundaries.

Techpowerup

relative-performance_1920-1080.png

relative-performance_2560-1440.png

relative-performance_3840-2160.png

Computerbase.de

I7VgwCI.png

hIxcXaG.png

jPxeKAB.png

WPAz7Z9.png

X5WfBkp.png

9JtSqnw.png

Tomshardware

tOFlsT6.png

59xHjA3.png

dBtp0s6.png

Techspot

4aEkOsB.png

vE1oS2u.png

So you cherry pic results from 3 outlets that support your delusional and demented fantasy. While proving yourself wrong with every post. I though launch reviews dont matter ? Because amd magically pulled its secret sauce out of its ass since then, no ? Why are you posting old reviews from toms and hardware unboxed ? Why dont you post the other hundred reviews where the 3090 is ahead in every resolution ? Those dont count ? Only the handfull you found where theres 1% difference at 1440p ?

So, the thousand dollar 4k card amd released loses in near every outlet's benchmark at 4k. By multiple points. And your conclusion is that the thousand dollar 4k gpu wins at 1080, therefore amd holds the raster crown ?

I suppose this is what happens when you spend the better part of the decade being a cherleader for the underdog who shits the bed year over year for near a decade. Your brain erodes to the point you're cherry picking like a hound and when you find that one result in a sea of oppposite results, yeah, amd has the raster crown. Im gonna keep repeat it, until i believe it myself

Last edited:

Ascend

You most certainly cannot claim the reports AMD has the crown to be from fanboy delusional bizarre cult ignoring the truth and reality, when there are plenty of evidence AMD is on top. Who the hell are you and who gave you the final word?

You know as much as I do that Nvidia has it as much as AMD has it. Depends on the system and game selection.

Some respect please. Internet anonymity allows for some very dumb rationale, but you are pushing the boundaries.

Techpowerup

relative-performance_1920-1080.png

relative-performance_2560-1440.png

relative-performance_3840-2160.png

Computerbase.de

I7VgwCI.png

hIxcXaG.png

jPxeKAB.png

WPAz7Z9.png

X5WfBkp.png

9JtSqnw.png

Tomshardware

tOFlsT6.png

59xHjA3.png

dBtp0s6.png

Techspot

4aEkOsB.png

vE1oS2u.png
Don't bother. That person is known to be extremely biased towards AMD, and not in the way I described before.
I will never get the huge drive for people to downplay AMD.
5% advantage for AMD? They perform the same!
1% advantage for nVidia? nVidia trashes AMD! And by the way, you have brain damage if you think otherwise!

Mark Wahlberg No GIF by Daddy's Home

yes, spreading fud about ... results of benchmarks ? AMD puts out a thousand dollar 4k card thats beaten at 4k near universally. AMD fans claim AMD won the universe because in a handful of games it gets 245 frames instead of 242 at 1080p. AMD winning. AMD hardware fans are somehow even worse than console warriors. Those fuckheads argue day and night, but theres no objective metric to declair someone an actual winner. Its valid arguments from both sides that are mostly subjective. But here, where you have mathematical results that are fixed and can be counted, to just close your eyes to reality and say its something else ... this is comical.

spyshagg

I just dont argue semantics mate. If you want to pursue the discussion give up the victim speech. No one will be dumb enough to pursue your bait.

You must have some blocker preventing you to see charts because somehow you missed all of them presented to you in this thread. I'd argue the issue is you, not everyone else.

Last edited:
you dont argue anything, you fabricate things

i4sAvHi.jpg

4k results, which are the only ones that matter and present the cards properly, without numerous other bottlenecks. Almost 11% faster at 4k than a 6900xt, from 14 different outlets and thousands of benchmarks. Is the blocker you're mentioning the thing that ails you ?

Just to recap:

6900XT

Worse performance at 4k, universally
Subpar RT performance, behind the 2.5 years old 2080TI
No DLSS
Poor video encoding
Poor streaming performance

Conclussion from spyhagg ? AMD wins. Keep it up buddy, im sure its healthy

Ascend

4k results, which are the only ones that matter and present the cards properly, without numerous other bottlenecks
And you complain about cherry-picking? You're conveniently trying to bypass nVidia's CPU overhead issue. And this thread is not about who is faster. This thread is about underlying technologies. Take your warring elsewhere.

The Skull

yes, spreading fud about ... results of benchmarks ? AMD puts out a thousand dollar 4k card thats beaten at 4k near universally. AMD fans claim AMD won the universe because in a handful of games it gets 245 frames instead of 242 at 1080p. AMD winning. AMD hardware fans are somehow even worse than console warriors. Those fuckheads argue day and night, but theres no objective metric to declair someone an actual winner. Its valid arguments from both sides that are mostly subjective. But here, where you have mathematical results that are fixed and can be counted, to just close your eyes to reality and say its something else ... this is comical.
Probably time to take a break from the internet mate. Go outside and chill out. Half the stuff you've just accused AMD hardware fans of, you've done. I mean you've literally come in to shit this thread up, which was supposed to be about AMD catching up in memory latency, to start ranting and raving about Ray Tracing and how Nvidia are superior again.

Buggy Loop

I mean, is that what you want? A circle jerk only between AMD fans because of a thread title? Nothing like that is ever applied for any product, any company, any thread on this forums. Why would you be so special?

Ascend

I mean, is that what you want? A circle jerk only between AMD fans because of a thread title? Nothing like that is ever applied for any product, any company, any thread on this forums. Why would you be so special?
You can't be serious. If anything, the most prevalent behavior is circle jerking by nVidia fans in every single graphics card thread, be it an nVidia thread or AMD thread. There can't be a single AMD thread out there, without someone jumping in to say how nVidia is better and AMD is trash, and the rest following to repeat the same thing like sheep. It doesn't matter what the thread is about. The message that ultimately must be shoved down everyone's throat is that nVidia is better than AMD.

spyshagg

you dont argue anything, you fabricate things

i4sAvHi.jpg

4k results, which are the only ones that matter and present the cards properly, without numerous other bottlenecks. Almost 11% faster at 4k than a 6900xt, from 14 different outlets and thousands of benchmarks. Is the blocker you're mentioning the thing that ails you ?

Just to recap:

6900XT

Worse performance at 4k, universally
Subpar RT performance, behind the 2.5 years old 2080TI
No DLSS
Poor video encoding
Poor streaming performance

Conclussion from spyhagg ? AMD wins. Keep it up buddy, im sure its healthy

Your views have evidence towards them, as well as views opposed! You cannot dismiss opposed view points achieved by academic testing as fanboy religion! The anonymity of the internet does not excuse you to force your views at the cost of sacrificing academic common sense! You are not equipped to survive in this world, give up.

If you cannot accept the widespread existence of evidence opposed to your views, if you cannot accept common sense, you are done and finished. No credibility, your account is burned and toasted.

spyshagg

So you cherry pic results from 3 outlets that support your delusional and demented fantasy. While proving yourself wrong with every post.

I didn't cherry pick anything! they all came from the first page of googling 6900XT vs 3090 and the 6700xt review which as the lastest results! they were the only publications on the first page who made an all-game-average result graph!

For every bench showing the 3090 on top, you find another showing the opposite! One does not invalidade the other! thats not how critical thinking works! you are ill equipped for discussion! You don't possess the maturity to understand what is happening in this subject! Its evident!

Last edited:
Top Bottom