• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens: Fireteam Elite - Announce Trailer (Xbox One, Xbox Series, PS4, PS5, Steam)

MiguelItUp

25 minutes of gameplay is more than enough to get a general idea about any game. They basicaly showed the core gameplay and main objectives. This game will need a lot of free and paid DLC, including movie maps , weapons , characters and customization.
Yeah, and it's looking great IMO. Which is why so many people are on board. It's a L4D-like, essentially. With extra content. So if you loved the L4D series or Vermintide series (or anything in-between), then this is up your alley. It's taking those concepts, adding the Alien IP, as well as other gameplay changes and mechanics. That's really it. Will it? We don't even have all of that information yet. We pretty much know the bare minimum at this point. But what they've told us already is more than enough for the fans of games I mentioned above.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

The X's they show is absolutely terrible.

Also, no welding doors shut?
I believe that's when the smart gun isn't able to use auto-aim, but yeah, it is a bit distracting. Especially in third person. Maybe they'll adjust them, I'm sure there will be feedback.

They haven't discussed that yet. Hopefully! If anything maybe there are objectives that revolve around that.

Last edited:

N30RYU

There should be a class specified with the scanner to pinpoint enemies approaching locations.

I don't like every class to have a scanner

Last edited:

molasar

Banned
There should be a class specified with the scanner to pinpoint enemies approaching locations.

I don't like every class to have a scanner

This game has a single player mode as well. Thus if they made it the way you want there is no proper way that bots can inform you about Aliens' positions. Not to mention you need to cooperatively cover your backs.

Last edited:

N30RYU

This game has a single player mode as well. Thus if they made it the way you want there is no proper way that can bots inform you about Aliens' positions. Not to mention you need to cooperatively cover your backs.
As simple as the scanner goes randomly to one of the players not being controlled by bots

molasar

Banned
As simple as the scanner goes randomly to one of the players not being controlled by bots

Then it destroys your idea about classes. Also how other players are going to cooperate without knowing positions of incoming Aliens if a motion tracker operator is busy killing a swarm in the front of them?

Last edited:

molasar

Banned

mansoor1980

Gold Member

cool i hope the single player campaign is decent

anthraticus

Banned
Wow that looked sooo super scary and intense !! LOL

Shit looks ike it would get boring in a matter of minutes.
blerksq.gif

wipeout364

This would be a cool game to make a roguelike out of it. One life but you can keep XP and weapons you unlock, and give the characters abilities/stats to level up. The rogue like element would work really well with the horror concept, sort of like a much more complicated and lengthy COD zombies.

SegaShack

This would be a cool game to make a roguelike out of it. One life but you can keep XP and weapons you unlock, and give the characters abilities/stats to level up. The rogue like element would work really well with the horror concept, sort of like a much more complicated and lengthy COD zombies.
That sounds like a really fun concept

Boneless

I believe that's when the smart gun isn't able to use auto-aim, but yeah, it is a bit distracting. Especially in third person. Maybe they'll adjust them, I'm sure there will be feedback.

They haven't discussed that yet. Hopefully! If anything maybe there are objectives that revolve around that.

Watched some more clips, the X appears over all enemies that die.

What a poor design choice, what kind of designer would think of this? Also "you can probably turn it off" is not a good argument, as keeping it on would give players an advantage.
In general, the HUD display is way too overwhelming, too much stuff on screen.

molasar

Banned
Watched some more clips, the X appears over all enemies that die.

What a poor design choice, what kind of designer would think of this? Also "you can probably turn it off" is not a good argument, as keeping it on would give players an advantage.
In general, the HUD display is way too overwhelming, too much stuff on screen.

X is a part of augmented reality. Without it, it would be more chaotic and less playable as proper contrasts are not there.

In other worlds too much realistic games with many details require this type of solutions.

Boneless

X is a part of augmented reality. Without it, it would be more chaotic and less playable as proper contrasts are not there.

In other worlds too much realistic games with many details require this type of solutions.

If it moves, shoot it, not that hard.

N30RYU

If it moves, shoot it, not that hard.
Agree also I don't like the white contrast shape they give to the aliens so you can "see" them better in the dark or in big groups.

Let's hope you can turn off all that nonsense bullshit and keep the HUD at minimum... they end up implementing crossplay and give the game a Predator Hunting Grounds like price point of $40.

Last edited:

molasar

Banned
Agree also I don't like the white contrast shape they give to the aliens so you can "see" them better in the dark or in big groups.

Let's hope you can turn off all that nonsense bullshit and keep the HUD at minimum... they end up implementing crossplay and give the game a Predator Hunting Grounds like price point of $40.

There is nothing nonsensical about it. This is a cost of more realistic and detailed graphics. A human perception is not that good as you think.

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned

Not even going to watch that but as a reply to that title/thumbnail:

Some times people just want a no-nonsense co-op experience without any intricate or deep systems that take ages to learn. I know that might come as a shock to all you hardcore pro gamers out there but it's true. In some cases people just want to have a chill time with friends *wow* imagine that.

Last edited:

molasar

Banned
Not even going to watch that but as a reply to that title/thumbnail:

Some times people just want a no-nonsense co-op experience without any intricate or deep systems that take ages to learn. I know that might come as a shock to all you hardcore pro gamers out there but it's true. In some cases people just want to have a chill time with friends *wow* imagine that.

Yep, an arcadey gameplay. Easy to pick up and perhaps hard to master. Nothing else.

molasar

Banned

molasar

Banned

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
LOL people are hyped for this? I'd rather play the L4D3 game that got delayed.
i swear one more negative word from you in this thread sir,
and i will minigun your avatar xenoscum

Stuart360 Stuart360
no joke as a huge alien fan not a big fan of IGN i completely agree with their view on alien isolation.. it was an absolute shitfest way way waaaay too long. and the AI was fake af

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Yeah, I've watched more video about it and it's not for me. I'd much rather have a first person game without co-op or waves of enemies.

molasar

Banned
I am excited about it. And I am glad that it is not another walking simulator with cinematic experience.

But do not worry. You boys and girls will get another one at some point as well.

MiguelItUp

I am excited about it. And I am glad that it is not another walking simulator with cinematic experience.

But do not worry. You boys and girls will get another one at some point as well.
Same. I just want a decent/good/great colonial marines experience, so sue me. Like I've said before, this style of shooter has always made sense for the universe. ESPECIALLY as colonial marines.

I just really wish it was FPS, or there was a FPS/TPS toggle.

Top Bottom