• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens: Fireteam Elite - Announce Trailer (Xbox One, Xbox Series, PS4, PS5, Steam)

bargeparty

Yeah, I'm just saying, you know. If it bleeds acid then there would be some kind of damage visible on the ship where the blood hit the surface but Yutani boys say that there were no traces of the alien. Nothing else, really.

And I know Vasquez gets burned by the alien she shoots, I never disputed that, because she shoots him right in the head where she has her leg so obviously it will splash on her.

You don't know there would be damage for sure, and that's what I mean when I say some of you guys go too hard on this stuff. It's just a movie, it's not infallible. It's a space ship out in space for years and years. Maybe the blood was sucked out immediately considering the big open door to space, or maybe the company just lied, who knows. It doesn't matter.

I know you didn't talk about Vasquez, Arachnid did and I was too lazy to go back and quote it.

Anyway I'm done with the discussion.

Ulysses 31

Yeah, I'm just saying, you know. If it bleeds acid then there would be some kind of damage visible on the ship where the blood hit the surface but Yutani boys say that there were no traces of the alien. Nothing else, really.

And I know Vasquez gets burned by the alien she shoots, I never disputed that, because she shoots him right in the head where she has her leg so obviously it will splash on her.
The alien was also drooling all over the place so to say there was 0% evidence of the creature was questionable but it could be the shady company covering things up.

Last edited:

YuLY

I've come to terms with the fact that what I want from this francize might not be feasable in the current state of the industry.

I want a game like Aliens vs Predator 2 made by Monolith where you play as a lone marine for a good portion of the campaign and its pure horror, but unlike trash like Outlast, you are a colonial marine and can actually fight back, even if its scary af.

Thats what I want anyway, not this L4D reskin, but hey, ppl eat up everything thats coop so I dont blame the devs for wanting to make this.

N30RYU

I've come to terms with the fact that what I want from this francize might not be feasable in the current state of the industry.

I want a game like Aliens vs Predator 2 made by Monolith where you play as a lone marine for a good portion of the campaign and its pure horror, but unlike trash like Outlast, you are a colonial marine and can actually fight back, even if its scary af.

Thats what I want anyway, not this L4D reskin, but hey, ppl eat up everything thats coop so I dont blame the devs for wanting to make this.
I won't tell you what you can eat

mcz117chief

You don't know there would be damage for sure, and that's what I mean when I say some of you guys go too hard on this stuff. It's just a movie, it's not infallible. It's a space ship out in space for years and years. Maybe the blood was sucked out immediately considering the big open door to space, or maybe the company just lied, who knows. It doesn't matter.
Yeah, I get you, mate.

Kev Kev

4lyG.gif

MiguelItUp

To those that want Alien Isolation 2, so do I.

But "Aliens" hasn't had a great game. Colonial Marines was all it got, and that was incredibly messy and meh. We need something better than that. This game may not be for everyone, but I think it's certainly on track to be a better experience than Colonial Marines, and that's what I'm sure a lot of us want.

Then I want Alien Isolation 2 and a new AVP.

I read recently a new AVP was in early development, and Rebellion said they would be interested to go back in not long ago. I hope we see it sooner than later and it's the best one yet!

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Aliens arcade!

Aliens1990.png
Haha, I appreciate you saying this. Because as I was typing it I thought of this, but I was like, "Nah, no one will mention it, I'm good." Especially since it never came to consoles or anything.

So, hey, we're due for a second really good Aliens game, haha.

vpance

Haha, I appreciate you saying this. Because as I was typing it I thought of this, but I was like, "Nah, no one will mention it, I'm good." Especially since it never came to consoles or anything.

So, hey, we're due for a second really good Aliens game, haha.

Yeah, shame it was only in arcades. Kinda crazy how no Aliens game has captured that same action vibe as the movie. Guess it took all those L4D and 1000 other similar games for someone to figure it out (hopefully).

pesaddict

Banned
I'm a huge fan of Alien/Aliens as well as AvP 1+2 (Rebellion, Monolith). I'm an even bigger fan of the godlike AvP2 AJL MOD R2, which I consider the best AvP game to date because it recreates the feelings of the movies, who spend hundreds of hours playing that particular mod on some foreign russian servers at night back in the day (shout-out to the russians - they're really cool and fun people to play games with!), I can safely say, the trailer looks veeery generic and the Aliens don't look scary at all.

In contrast, take a look at these Aliens from Alien vs. Predator 2 (2001). Watch for at least 2 minutes.

These Aliens are fast, agressive and you can feel, they REALLY want to kill you.

The Aliens in Aliens Fireteam look pathetic. They look like they want to be killed by you.

Holy shit memories unlocked AVP on pc was the shit !!!

molasar

Banned
Theme wise true, but as far as colonial marines squad action not so much. I think this is releasing at a good time though.

What worked for a film does not have to for a video game. An element of survival-horror is lost and all what is left is action.

FeldMonster

But the marines were able to fight back

My main point is them being able to fight back in the first place. It ruins the horror established by the first movie, that gave the impression that the Alien was unbeatable (so it was much more terrifying)

You talk about IQ but cant understand such a simple concept?

Sorry, maybe I'm misremembering

Saw both movies a long time ago
Take it up with James Cameron.....35 years ago when Alien received a sequel.

MiguelItUp

Yeah, shame it was only in arcades. Kinda crazy how no Aliens game has captured that same action vibe as the movie. Guess it took all those L4D and 1000 other similar games for someone to figure it out (hopefully).
Yeah, I hear ya. It's something that is surely not the easiest to recreate in games. But over the years I've definitely had moments that gave off that same vibe. The L4D series definitely gave me several moments where it reminded me of Aliens. Barely surviving or beating the level right in the knick of time, etc.

What worked for a film does not have to for a video game. An element of survival-horror is lost and all what is left is action.
This is true! But we've gotten very close! I'm just legit surprised that it took us this long to get Aliens in the form of a L4D-like title. If anything felt like it needed a Colonial Marines skin, it's that series IMO.

molasar

Banned
This is true! But we've gotten very close! I'm just legit surprised that it took us this long to get Aliens in the form of a L4D-like title. If anything felt like it needed a Colonial Marines skin, it's that series IMO.

Also I do not mind a variety in Alien, Predator and AvP games. This way there is a better chance that everyone can find one they like.

MiguelItUp

Also I do not mind a variety in Alien, Predator and AvP games. This way there is a better chance that everyone can find one they like.
My man! I'm sure you've seen me post enough to know that I adore all of it. I'm just happy to see them get love. I'll just continue to hope that they get more and more attention, lord knows they deserve it.

Kronos9x

Well, all the people who compained about ACM will do the same here. But so far there are many things ACM does better than this new game. And that was a PS3 game.

MiguelItUp

Well, all the people who compained about ACM will do the same here. But so far there are many things ACM does better than this new game. And that was a PS3 game.
I mean, people are always going to complain. Especially ones that have no idea how game dev works, it is what it is. Uhhh... I wholeheartedly disagree. But to each their own. I think this looks light years better, and it's an alpha...

Looks rather forgettable imo.
Again, to each their own. As an Aliens fan I'd LOVE some MONUMENTALLY praised Alien title. Isolation is about as close as it's ever gotten, and even then people still found ways to hate on it. I just want a title that's decent, if not more so, and fun. This looks like just that IMO.

Last edited:

Kronos9x

Uhhh... I wholeheartedly disagree. But to each their own. I think this looks light years better, and it's an alpha...
Looks absolutely generic and simplistic. The ACM smartgun alone seems like a masterpiece compared to this one. The camera looks like a spawn camera. The aliens move worse than in AMC before the fix, etc. The objetives are basically run, open a door and run again to the next door or elevator.

Last edited:

mortal

Gold Member
NWV9.gif

Again, to each their own. As an Aliens fan I'd LOVE some MONUMENTALLY praised Alien title. Isolation is about as close as it's ever gotten, and even then people still found ways to hate on it. I just want a title that's decent, if not more so, and fun. This looks like just that IMO.
I enjoyed Aliens as well, but as a game this doesn't look like it's bringing anything interesting to the table.
Looks decent, but seems like a game I would forget I even played by the end of the year.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Damn so we got..

Level up Weapons
Level up Classes
Gun attachments many different ones as loot
Find new cosmetics / skins for guns.
Challenge card system.

I am so fucking ready for this game

i am saying... cod zombies / resident evil revelations 2 raid mode..
man this game is just MADE for me

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Looks absolutely generic and simplistic. The ACM smartgun alone seems like a masterpiece compared to this one. The camera looks like a spawn camera. The aliens move worse than in AMC before the fix, etc. The objetives are basically run, open a door and run again to the next door or elevator.
It's clearly L4D inspired. Which means there are going to be a lot of "hold this point, access this area, etc." objectives. Stuff we've seen in similar games like the Vermintide, L4D series. These types of games aren't for everyone, and that's all there is to it I'm afraid. There were much better smart guns in the series. Personally I think the ones in the AVP games were all stellar. ACM isn't the best example in any way, shape, or form IMO. It looks just fine here. The thing is a smart gun is much cooler from a first person perspective. It's a third-person camera, it looks fine to me, through I'd still prefer first person. They have a cover system though, so it makes sense. This is an alpha. This is also just one early chapter in a game full for 4 sections made up of 3 chapters each. Not only that but I'm sure it's on a lighter difficulty so they can have a functional conversation.

I enjoyed Aliens as well, but as a game this doesn't look like it's bringing anything interesting to the table.
Looks decent, but seems like a game I would forget I even played by the end of the year.

I hear ya man. I'm just excited to see the Aliens IP being used in this format as I felt it was always incredibly fitting. I can see that. I think, much like other games similar to it, the memories that will revolve around it revolve around the people you play with and other variables. You know?

Damn so we got..

Level up Weapons
Level up Classes
Challenge card system.

i am saying... cod zombies / resident evil 2 raid mode..
Same dude, big time. This what what I always wanted with the Aliens IP if we played as Colonial Marines.

I like dynamics and arcadey feel in it.
Same! Really hitting that market on the head. Really interested in seeing more about the RPG progression and customization. Already sold ten-fold though.

Last edited:

GeorgPrime

Banned
Missed oppertunity here.

They should have made this a dark VR Coop Shooter... just imagine the screams as soon as someone hears noises or realizes there is an alien.

Then looks at the scanner and see that there are hundreds of them lol

Last edited:
Damn so we got..

Level up Weapons
Level up Classes
Challenge card system.

i am saying... cod zombies / resident evil revelations 2 raid mode..
Yep. I think people need to realize this isn't trying to be some sort of lore faithful movie simulation Aliens game. It's a coop shooter with RPG elements that is using the Aliens lore, just like RE Raid mode was a coop shooter with RPG elements that used the RE lore. I think the Aliens universe is a perfect fit for this type of game, just like RE was.

Wait for a dev to make a Prey style game using Aliens if you want a "realistic" Aliens game.

Youtube link

SO it's exactly like World War Z but with Aliens. 4 campaigns each with 3 missions, so thats like 6 hours of average + replay if you care about it. World War Z was fun because it had this horde gimmick/mechanic which made things incredibly stressful but this Aliens besides being an Aliens game, has nothing going for it from what I'm seeing. I highly doubt the story will be anything more than forgettable. Wonder what the price will be. If it's anything higher than 30-40 I'll pass. Replay value has changed a lot since l4d2 days and this looks like it won;t do anything special besides some skills and some weapon upgrades and just do the same levels over and over.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Yep. I think people need to realize this isn't trying to be some sort of lore faithful movie simulation Aliens game. It's a coop shooter with RPG elements that is using the Aliens lore, just like RE Raid mode was a coop shooter with RPG elements that used the RE lore. I think the Aliens universe is a perfect fit for this type of game, just like RE was.

Wait for a dev to make a Prey style game using Aliens if you want a "realistic" Aliens game.
this is basically the ultimate alien arcade game.

MiguelItUp

SO it's exactly like World War Z but with Aliens. 4 campaigns each with 3 missions, so thats like 6 hours of average + replay if you care about it. World War Z was fun because it had this horde gimmick/mechanic which made things incredibly stressful but this Aliens besides being an Aliens game, has nothing going for it from what I'm seeing. I highly doubt the story will be anything more than forgettable. Wonder what the price will be. If it's anything higher than 30-40 I'll pass. Replay value has changed a lot since l4d2 days and this looks like it won;t do anything special besides some skills and some weapon upgrades and just do the same levels over and over.
I see where you're coming from, I just don't think it's everyone's cup of tea. If they dropped a L4D3 today, I'd still replay it like a madman. Especially the versus mode. Back4Blood is coming, which is basically that, and I'm hyped AF personally, haha. There are some people that play similar games, get done, and put it down. There are others that play it and don't stop. I mean, look at the Vermintide community. Hell, look at the L4D community! Even the World War Z community!

this is basically the ultimate alien arcade game.
Not only that, there's still a ton they haven't revealed about the game. I refused to believe that there isn't a versus mode or other modes planned. At least I hope there is. If there isn't, I'll still be happy, haha.

kikkis

Few thoughts after watching the gameplay video

-There is like 15 enemies max at once so not a whole lot for this type of game
-3 players is not imo optimal for separating like 2 and 2 players, one is always alone
-Levels are dull corridors for the most part, no organic height elevation or seeking optimal positions in map. Also shooting gameplay suffers a little bit since you often only have to shoot things ahead of you in corridor
-I think these type of games also live and die based on how they can balance and challenge to induce fun and intense moments, its hard to do but i hope its good.
-Generally glacial speed of movement is not my cup of tea
- I didn't really see much from special aliens apart from just regular pin player down after charging on them. I mean there is the spitter but it doesn't seem to require you to move to a different position to kill it.

N30RYU

This game should have first... CROSSPLAY... and second a ZombiU like mode with a 4th player summoning the Aliens

Last edited:
I see where you're coming from, I just don't think it's everyone's cup of tea. If they dropped a L4D3 today, I'd still replay it like a madman. Especially the versus mode. Back4Blood is coming, which is basically that, and I'm hyped AF personally, haha. There are some people that play similar games, get done, and put it down. There are others that play it and don't stop. I mean, look at the Vermintide community. Hell, look at the L4D community! Even the World War Z community!

Not only that, there's still a ton they haven't revealed about the game. I refused to believe that there isn't a versus mode or other modes planned. At least I hope there is. If there isn't, I'll still be happy, haha.

Yeah no dobut they're aiming for the l4d2 crowd. Hell, I'll gladly play it, I love coop games with friends but I still think it needs to evolve a bit more such as focusing on a proper campaign with intricate levels many missions rather than expecting ppl to replay the same levels over and over. I replayed l4d2 when it came a lot but times changed, I'm older, I need something with more substance.

MiguelItUp

This game should have first... CROSSPLAY... and second a ZombiU like mode with a 4th player summoning the Aliens
I REALLY hope they're looking into Crossplay. Truly. I know they said they don't have any current plans. But come on man... It helps improve overall traffic.

I'm thinking there's gonna be a versus mode of some sort, I really want there to be, haha.

Yeah no dobut they're aiming for the l4d2 crowd. Hell, I'll gladly play it, I love coop games with friends but I still think it needs to evolve a bit more such as focusing on a proper campaign with intricate levels many missions rather than expecting ppl to replay the same levels over and over. I replayed l4d2 when it came a lot but times changed, I'm older, I need something with more substance.
I hear ya man. I'll admit my love for the IP has transcended decades, so there's this love and bias that lingers, haha. But ever since I was a kid, before L4D style games existed, this was the kind of Aliens game I wanted. I remember seeing SUCH early pics of ACM in a PSX magazine when I was in middle school and was SO stoked. Shame that the product we got WAY later was NOTHING like that, haha. I'm looking forward to hearing more about this because I'd like to think there are other modes, or future content planned to thick it out a bit.

Last edited:

Kronos9x

It's clearly L4D inspired. Which means there are going to be a lot of "hold this point, access this area, etc." objectives. Stuff we've seen in similar games like the Vermintide, L4D series. These types of games aren't for everyone, and that's all there is to it I'm afraid. There were much better smart guns in the series. Personally I think the ones in the AVP games were all stellar. ACM isn't the best example in any way, shape, or form IMO. It looks just fine here. The thing is a smart gun is much cooler from a first person perspective. It's a third-person camera, it looks fine to me, through I'd still prefer first person. They have a cover system though, so it makes sense. This is an alpha. This is also just one early chapter in a game full for 4 sections made up of 3 chapters each. Not only that but I'm sure it's on a lighter difficulty so they can have a functional conversation.

I hear ya man. I'm just excited to see the Aliens IP being used in this format as I felt it was always incredibly fitting. I can see that. I think, much like other games similar to it, the memories that will revolve around it revolve around the people you play with and other variables. You know?

Same dude, big time. This what what I always wanted with the Aliens IP if we played as Colonial Marines.

Same! Really hitting that market on the head. Really interested in seeing more about the RPG progression and customization. Already sold ten-fold though.
L4D has variety of maps. That is not the case here. I'm all for TPS games, i have WWZ but this game looks like something from the PS3 era in terms of gameplay.

MiguelItUp

L4D has variety of maps. That is not the case here. I'm all for TPS games, i have WWZ but this game looks like something from the PS3 era in terms of gameplay.
....We we've seen 25 minutes of a single section/level, and a gameplay teaser/trailer. Which in those 2-ish minutes you see a decent amount of different environments. Honestly when I look at this I already see a greater time than WWZ, but that's just my opinion. Again, this is in alpha, has a bit more to go, and we still haven't seen everything yet.

Last edited:

Kronos9x

....We we've seen 25 minutes of a single section, and a gameplay teaser/trailer. Which in those 2-ish minutes you see a decent amount of different environments. Honestly when I look at this I already see a greater time than WWZ, but that's just my opinion.
25 minutes of gameplay is more than enough to get a general idea about any game. They basicaly showed the core gameplay and main objectives. This game will need a lot of free and paid DLC, including movie maps , weapons , characters and customization.

Last edited:
Top Bottom