• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens: Fireteam Elite - Announce Trailer (Xbox One, Xbox Series, PS4, PS5, Steam)

A cool toy for Aliens fans

NerfLMTDAliensM41-A3-4_2000x.jpg

That's sexy as fuck. Gonna buy one and have a buddy paint it to movie spec.

VN1X

Banned
That's sexy as fuck. Gonna buy one and have a buddy paint it to movie spec.
Or just get one of these, no painting required! :p

snowwolf-11032.jpg

snowwolf-63887.jpg

molasar

Banned

ultrazilla

Gold Member

MiguelItUp

All TPS use generic 3rd person shooter template, i.e., your character is visible in third person view. Then they are refined in a better or worse way.
The same with FPS.
Exactly. The game from the start was meant to be very L4D-like, so, it only makes sense that they'd follow through with certain mechanics and inspirations. While I wanted first person, at least with third person it's a tad bit different. Also with a party of 3 rather than 4.

molasar

Banned
Hoping it's as good as we hope, gets some good success, and we see it in the future!

It is at least decent if someone looks for TPS with arcade flavor. A great core Xeno swarm fighting experience like never before. However there are some things in the game (or rather are not utilized as expected) which can disappoint some fans.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

It is at least decent if someone looks for TPS with arcade flavor. A great core Xeno swarm fighting experience like never before. However there are some things in the game (or rather are not utilized as expected) which can disappoint some fans.
Most definitely. I just hope some people can really accept it for what it is and what it looks like. A fun TPS arcade-like experience to enjoy with your friends.

Not a gigantic budget, devs first project, priced as a AA title, etc. This is looking like a really good/decent first project for them.

molasar

Banned
Most definitely. I just hope some people can really accept it for what it is and what it looks like. A fun TPS arcade-like experience to enjoy with your friends.

Not a gigantic budget, devs first project, priced as a AA title, etc. This is looking like a really good/decent first project for them.

And we did not have to wait gazillion of years and any delays since its official reveal.

molasar

Banned
Very true! It feels like the news about it being worked on leaked forever ago, but I think that's because I was so excited about it, haha.

Yes, we just waited for anything since announcement of the project until the reveal this year and the game is almost here in no time.

Last edited:

catvonpee

Oops already posted. (Link removed)

Amazon sent me a notification saying my game wouldn't get here until September 1st... That sucks 😔

Last edited:

molasar

Banned
That makes sense. Did you watch a full play through already?!

Only by skipping as I was interested to check some stuff from a point view of its design. Anyways the game is the best shooter based on Alien/s franchise gameplay wise IMO. And has a huge potential for expansions because of this.

Last edited:
A cool toy for Aliens fans

NerfLMTDAliensM41-A3-4_2000x.jpg

That is fucking amazing. Sold! Be still child of 1986!

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Only by skipping as I was interested to check some stuff from a point view of its design. Anyways the game is the best shooter based on Alien/s franchise gameplay wise IMO. And has a huge potential for expansions because of this.
Ahh, gotcha! I believe it! I'm so incredibly hyped for it, and honestly after World War Z's surprising success there's no reason this couldn't be just as popular if not more so. I really hope they go all in with future DLC, truly. I just finished the Infiltrator audiobook, so I'm SO ready, haha.

Luipadre

No reviews still? I was hoping they would drop before release to push me over the edge and preorder.

Reviews probably coming at or after launch. Im gonna wait for some PS5 impressions before pulling the trigger. No crossplay really sucks tho since all of my friends are on PC :/

MiguelItUp

No reviews still? I was hoping they would drop before release to push me over the edge and preorder.
Yeah, as cool as it would've been I figured we'd be waiting because it's a AA title made by a small dev.
Reviews probably coming at or after launch. Im gonna wait for some PS5 impressions before pulling the trigger. No crossplay really sucks tho since all of my friends are on PC :/
Yeah, crossplay would've been great, I just don't think it was lumped into the cost of development overall. But who knows, if the game does well and is fairly successful maybe we'll see it at a later date!

KillaJamm

I wish they would of had a demo/open beta first.
Yeah I hear that but I'm a massive fan of the franchise as a whole, and the previews so far have looked promising. Love pretty much most games in this sub genre anyways (L4D and World War Z) and even enjoyed the recent B4B beta so I've got high hopes this will be decent as well, it's just a shame it lacks crossplay.

Top Bottom