• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens: Fireteam Elite - Announce Trailer (Xbox One, Xbox Series, PS4, PS5, Steam)

Romulus

With all the dev time spent on customizable weapons, it could have been spent somewhere else. Maybe making the environments more unique. But this game won't even garner the interest of the COD crowd, even though that's their goal.

Last edited:

molasar

Banned
"The Emotes that come with the preorder and Deluxe edition
In order: "Look into my eye", "Chestburster Joke", and "Sloppy Salute"

Demolisher_LookIntoMyEye.gif
Gunner_ChestbursterJoke.gif
Doc_SloppySalute.gif

MrFunSocks

Banned
With all the dev time spent on customizable weapons, it could have been spent somewhere else. Maybe making the environments more unique. But this game won't even garner the interest of the COD crowd, even though that's their goal.
The game is being faithful to the movies. The movies weren't full of varied environments.

If anything I think they've gone too far from canon with this. I don't want all these made up alien types.

Last edited:

Stuart360

???

I always thought the game is for Aliens' fans.
If WWZ can be a decent success (1mil sales in its fiirst month if i remember right), i dont see why this cant be decently successful too. These Left 4 Dead style games are hugely popular.
The only downside for Aliens is that its releasing near to Back 4 Blood, but i think there is enough room for 2 of these types of games.

MiguelItUp

Get out with this fucking COD bullshit. My interest dropped to zero.

To be fair character and weapon customization has been very standard and even expected for a long while, especially when containing ranking and unlocks. I mean, it's seen through many popular shooters. I honestly think they were just trying to do what they felt was the most fitting without getting a bit TOO ridiculous. I mean, it IS a video game after all. But there's no law in the entire Alien/s universe that says a Pulse Rifle or Smartgun must remain untampered with. 🤷‍♂️

I don't think it's fair to be saying "it could have been spent somewhere else" when there's still content coming at a later date. In the long run, they're very much a AA dev studio, and this is their first project. I think they didn't want to allow their eyes to get bigger than their stomach. Especially on their first project, and on such a well known and beloved IP.

I personally don't think that's the goal at all, I mean, the marketing alone screams that. If they were really trying to get the attention of COD players they would be taking a different path. I think they very much just want to make a decent/solid Aliens game for fans and that's really it. MAYBE for other folks that are into L4D-like games. But that's it. The only other recent title that contained the "Aliens" (not Alien) IP was Colonial Marines, so I think their goal is just to make a title that not only sits better with fans, but IS better than that. From what I've seen, I think they'll pull it off, personally.

If WWZ can be a decent success (1mil sales in its fiirst month if i remember right), i dont see why this cant be decently successful too. These Left 4 Dead style games are hugely popular.
The only downside for Aliens is that its releasing near to Back 4 Blood, but i think there is enough room for 2 of these types of games.
I wholeheartedly agree. I think they did the right thing releasing the game in August, because that gives them a good month and some change until B4B drops. Well, and Darktide was completely postponed, so that's no longer a concern. It's really B4B and WWZ: Aftermath, which I think is also dropping in the fall sometime.

Edit: Fixed typos, because my phone is a hoe, and apparently loves to make me sound like I'm ESL.

Last edited:

MrFunSocks

Banned
You are either a compatriot or a smart ass who got an argentinian credit card lol
Australian. It's AUD$54.95 here, for some reason Steam just shows A instead of AUD. RRP of the usual AAA games here is $100-$120, so this is basically half price.

Last edited:
  • Praise the Sun
Reactions: JLB

MiguelItUp

NO NO AND FUCKING NO

Enough with mixing Predator with Aliens, it's shit.
I personally don't have a problem with it, but it'd need to be made from the ground up like an AVP game. Which this is not, so it should stay that way, haha.

That being said I'd still adore a new and awesome new AVP. I hope we get one some day...

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
I personally don't have a problem with it, but it'd need to be made from the ground up like an AVP game. Which this is not, so it should stay that way, haha.

That being said I'd still adore a new and awesome new AVP. I hope we get one some day...
Aye, keep this game as Aliens only and have it seperate. But you've just reminded me, why has AVP 2 never been put on GOG?

And do you know if it works on windows 10? I've still got my boxed copy and wouldnt mind trying it again (Considering it was the last good'ish Aliens game)

molasar

Banned

"The preview offered 3 of 5 difficulties, a full breakdown of all 5 is as follows:

Casual – For those looking for a more relaxed experience. Like standard, with the following changes:
Enemies have less health and deal less damage.
Reviving a teammate is quicker, and you can do so as many times as is needed.
Synthetic teammates are more effective.

Standard -Provide a good challenge for those familiar with shooters.
Enemies are highlighted when aiming down sights (this can be changed in the Gameplay Settings menu).
There’s plenty of tie to revive downed teammates, and each player can be revived up to four times.

Intense – The true Aliens experience, the way it is meant to be played. Seasoned survival shooter players should find a challenge here. Like Standard, with the following changes:
Enemies are not highlighted when aiming down sites (this CANNOT be changed via Gameplay Settings).
Your gun deal light damage to teammates.
Enemy melee grapples are more difficult to escape.
Xenomorph acid is deadlier.
Enemies deal more damage and have more health.
There’s less time to revive downed teammates, and each player can be revived only three times.
Max Ammo is reduced,
Synthetic teammates are not recommended.

Extreme – I can’t lie to you about your chances but… you have my sympathies. Unlocks after completing the full Campaign. Like Intense, with the following changes:
Your gun deal moderate damage to teammates.
Acid and enemies deal severe damage.
Enemies have even more health.
You’ll find fewer aid kits.
Max Ammo is further reduced.
There’s even less time to revive downed teammates, it takes longer to revive them, and each player can only be revived twice.
Synthetic teammates are not recommended.

Insane – That’s it man, Game over, man. Game over! Unlocks after completing the full campaign. Like Extreme, with the following changes:
Your gun deal full damage to teammates.
Enemies deal even more damage and have even more health.
Enemy grapple attacks can kill, and some foes have instantly-lethal grapples.
You have only seconds to save a downed teammate, and each can be revived just once.
Synthetic teammates are not recommended. "

MiguelItUp

Aye, keep this game as Aliens only and have it seperate. But you've just reminded me, why has AVP 2 never been put on GOG?

And do you know if it works on windows 10? I've still got my boxed copy and wouldnt mind trying it again (Considering it was the last good'ish Aliens game)
Totally agree! Dude, I have NO idea. I'm wondering if it's license issues or something?

The game DEFINITELY works, you can download it and Primal Hunt online for free (as it's unavailable anywhere) as folks are keeping servers up for multiplayer. About a month ago I got it and some mods for resolution. It all worked like a dream!

Mobilemofo

The xeno's should be treated with the respect they deserve. The ai should utilise all it's movement skills. Ceiling and floor. The move quite quickly.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Totally agree! Dude, I have NO idea. I'm wondering if it's license issues or something?

The game DEFINITELY works, you can download it and Primal Hunt online for free (as it's unavailable anywhere) as folks are keeping servers up for multiplayer. About a month ago I got it and some mods for resolution. It all worked like a dream!
Well thats made my day! Time to dig out my external disc drive and stick it on me laptop :)

Romulus

NO NO AND FUCKING NO

Enough with mixing Predator with Aliens, it's shit.

Meh, it was some ultra faithful alien game, I get it. But with all the random skins and made up aliens it's just not that at all. It's more of hokey attempt. Predalien is almost a certainty in the game anyway, so it's no big. Hell you'll probably be playing beside people wearing pink cowboy hats and rainbow armor in a few weeks, why not a predator.

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Meh, it was some ultra faithful alien game, I get it. But with all the random skins and made up aliens it's just not that at all. It's more of hokey attempt. Predalien is almost a certainty in the game anyway, so it's no big. Hell you'll probably be playing beside people wearing pink cowboy hats and rainbow armor in a few weeks, why not a predator.
Too true! :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Selling cosmetic stuff is a part of their business model. All other presumed content, i.e., new modes, weapons, classes, maps, etc. will be for free.
I'm talking about those cod style colored clown skins. I don't wanna play with people with rainbow colored guns. In this game I find it absolutely immersion breaking.

molasar

Banned
I'm talking about those cod style colored clown skins. I don't wanna play with people with rainbow colored guns. In this game I find it absolutely immersion breaking.

The game is not a simulator though. But an arcadey shooter. Also you can shoot your companions for being fashion divas in the game on higher difficulties or let Xenos deal with them.

MiguelItUp

I got Aliens: Infiltrator in anticipation of the game lol.

91LVb-I28EL.jpg
I was listening to the audio book and didn't get to finish before my Audible trial was over. I was digging it! Definitely wanna get back into it and finish it before release.

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
Somehow I missed page 11 of this thread entirely (some amazing vids and screenshots which I hadn't seen yet so thanks for posting!) but there were some brilliant hot takes on there that bemoaned stuff like extensive weapon customisation as something bad or the fact that a co-op shooter based on the Alien franchise might feature lots of dark industrial hallways and/or corridors, etc. Huh... who'd have thunk it!

You can't please everyone of course but at least try and offer some original and legitimate criticism lol.

Willem Dafoe Smile GIF

Last edited:

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
I'm pretty pumped for this game, I'm a total sucker for anything Aliens or Predator that remotely feels like the movies. I'm one of the psychopaths the enjoyed Colonial Marines mwuahaha.

If I had one wish though, and I'm not meaning to call out this game specifically cause this is a general problem in video games, but I wish the higher difficulties were more about smarter AI, a bigger horde of aliens, more aggressive and surprising tactics or something and not just being bullet sponges.

As an Alien fan, they aren't bullet sponges. Pulse rifles blow them apart. But I get that's probably easier said than done from a coder standpoint. Either way Im still looking forward to this game I think its going to be dope!

Damn its only a couple weeks away too!

ultrazilla

If only we could wreck shit in an APC, lmao.

Or how about a 3/4 perspective ALIENS game from "The Ascent" team? Swedish indie game studio Neon Giant.
I'd absolutely love to see an ALIENS game like that. Even noticed a few "nods/homages" early in Ascent.

This looks similiar to the main atmosphere processing building from Hadley's Hope on LV426:

eTyhSp9g4fbSwbFtcG9mHo.jpg

LV-426 Main Atmosphere Processing Building
hadley_s_hope_processor_1_by_arthurdallas_dee52ae-fullview.jpg

Anyways, can't wait for ALIENS: Fireteam Elite. Cold Iron Studios looks to be firing on all cylinders, we ALIENS fans need a hit after the debacle of ALIENS: Colonial Marines. 🤢

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Or how about a 3/4 perspective ALIENS game from "The Ascent" team? Swedish indie game studio Neon Giant.
I'd absolutely love to see an ALIENS game like that. Even noticed a few "nods/homages" early in Ascent.

This looks similiar to the main atmosphere processing building from Hadley's Hope on LV426:

eTyhSp9g4fbSwbFtcG9mHo.jpg

LV-426 Main Atmosphere Processing Building
hadley_s_hope_processor_1_by_arthurdallas_dee52ae-fullview.jpg

Anyways, can't wait for ALIENS: Fireteam Elite. Cold Iron Studios looks to be firing on all cylinders, we ALIENS fans need a hit after the debacle of ALIENS: Colonial Marines. 🤢
Wow that would be insane. I remember playing Helldivers on PS4 and thing it would make a great Aliens game but yeah this would be SICK

molasar

Banned
I would not mind to have maps based on aesthetics of Aliens 1986 released for horde mode. And exact cosmetics, apc, dropship, sulaco (even as a map itself or visible on some landing pad or visible in lower atmosphere), weapons too.

Last edited:

Calverz

Im sure the game's OST is great but im morally obligated to crank this in the background anytime my squad starts to extract:

DRAKE!!!! WE ARE LEAVING!!!!!

I want you to lay down a suppressing fire with the incinerators and fall back by squads to the APC, over.

Top Bottom