• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alanah Pearce: PSVR2 Is 'Super Impressive' and Horizon Call of the Mountain Is 'Very, Very Cool'

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Never understood how she got a huge following. Her takes have always been very vanilla. She's like the spokeswoman for what is the consensus amongst online discussion. Never goes against the grain.

IGN DailyFix.
Is subjectively hot.
But not a hot mess.
Talks about videogames.
Is active on Twitter, Twitch, Instagram and/or Youtube.

If you look at all the IGN DailyFix hosts they pretty much end up gaining quite a following assuming they stay active.
Jessica Chobot
Naomi Kyle
Sydney Goodman
Alanah Pearce

Watch Narz gain 100s of thousands of followers once the DailyFix is back in a studio.

Ozzie666

IGN DailyFix.
Is subjectively hot.
But not a hot mess.
Talks about videogames.
Is active on Twitter, Twitch, Instagram and/or Youtube.

If you look at all the IGN DailyFix hosts they pretty much end up gaining quite a following assuming they stay active.
Jessica Chobot
Naomi Kyle
Sydney Goodman
Alanah Pearce

Watch Narz gain 100s of thousands of followers once the DailyFix is back in a studio.

Roll the thing, Sydney cracked me up with her various versions of that phrase. Very amusing.

Quasicat

I see the specs on the headset and saw the same Horizon video that everyone else did on the state of play. My opinion is the headset is “very impressive” and the Horizon demo is “very very cool!”
Nobody listens to me because I’m a straight and fat middle aged guy.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
She works her ass off to be fair. It ain't easy putting out consistent content and working a full time job. As well as everything else she does.

Lots of people work their ass off, and see success from it. Male, female. I just respect people who are on their grind.

But I agree, Sony employee says Sony thing is cool...Still I'm excited for PSVR 2 and it has nothing to do with any of her comments.

GymWolf

She works her ass off to be fair. It ain't easy putting out consistent content and working a full time job. As well as everything else she does.

Lots of people work their ass off, and see success from it. Male, female. I just respect people who are on their grind.

But I agree, Sony employee says Sony thing is cool...Still I'm excited for PSVR 2 and it has nothing to do with any of her comments.
Do we have some leaks?

Last edited:

TVexperto

First you must take a precautionary procedure of putting away all unnecessary accessories before putting on the PSVR2, and that includes your head.
i wonder how much money she got for that... i remember all this promo bullshit with her showing off her cyberpunk chair in every video and how the game will be the GOAT and then she removed the chair after release lol

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Still amazed how a former IGN host and youtuber got to work as writer on a triple A game.
Not to sound like an asshole, but I thought the AAA market was highly competitive and required solid credentials.
It does, maybe she is a good writer too (likely she is), but there is one reason why most online “game journalists” go along the pre-order release cycle and tends to take the industry side on things (access based journalism).

tmlDan

Still amazed how a former IGN host and youtuber got to work as writer on a triple A game.
Not to sound like an asshole, but I thought the AAA market was highly competitive and required solid credentials.
She mentioned that she wrote some blog posts, so despite what we believe she may just work in comms/copywriting and dabbles in game writing.

She did mention she is learning so she may just start in comms and assisting in game writing.

I don't understand the hate for her, she actually has some great content on YT and its cool to see devs/composers/writers talk about their games.

But how will I play it with the cord strangling me to death?

Sony must answer for this. I can totally see me, if I ever planned on buying this, accidentally eating the cord while snacking on something else. It's a total health hazard to customers!

angry pitchfork GIF by South Park

"bias and all that"

Honey it's not just "bias" if they literally bought you opinion ...

Alanah always only had her looks going for her, otherwise her "insights" are not worth talking about. Her pretty face is the one and only reason why anybody has ever listened to her.

Last edited:

shaddam

Isn't she the girl who got ripped on by ps fanboys because she made a video saying how awesome gamepass was? Then she got employed by Sony and now she never talks about xbox anymore. I still have no idea why SSM employed her.
Problaby somebody like her. In a few years we will hear the story with a metoo hashtag

Bo_Hazem

Banned
The increase in estrogen is negligible. Its just a derogatory term popularized by right-wingers.

Source: I take soy protein. Appears my testosterone is just fine.

6d07Od7.jpg

Great for you, mate, but soy protein =/= soy, just like whey protein =/= milk. Meaning it's an extract of just the protein inside soy. Now try daily soy milk doses and show me your man boobs within a few months. :messenger_winking_tongue:

Last edited:

MikeM

Great for you, mate, but soy protein =/= soy, just like whey protein =/= milk. Meaning it's an extract of just the protein inside soy. Now try daily soy milk doses and show me you man boobs within a few months. :messenger_winking_tongue:
I’ve done it for years with soy milk. I’ve switched to almond milk for a sugar free alternative, but I l was at my biggest and strongest during the time I was on it. 🤷‍♂️

Isn't she the girl who got ripped on by ps fanboys because she made a video saying how awesome gamepass was? Then she got employed by Sony and now she never talks about xbox anymore. I still have no idea why SSM employed her.
As soon as she can't take money from Xbox anymore she stops talking about Gamepass? Shame on Sony.

Last edited:
I remember her responding me when she worked at IGN cause I was trashing her in her gun control article, her being Aussie and all . . . fast forward some and they've basically been locked in their houses for 2 years. I'll just wait here for her apology. haha

mansoor1980

Gold Member
I remember her responding me when she worked at IGN cause I was trashing her in her gun control article, her being Aussie and all . . . fast forward some and they've basically been locked in their houses for 2 years. I'll just wait here for her apology. haha
what did she say that was controversial?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
High in Estrogen and lowers Testosterone levels = more drama AKA more wokeness.
It's a phytoestrogen, it does not increase natural estrogen in the body. You're body literally doesn't metabolize a phyto and you piss and shit it out.

The increase in estrogen is negligible. Its just a derogatory term popularized by right-wingers.

Source: I take soy protein. Appears my testosterone is just fine.

6d07Od7.jpg
While "right wingers" adopt it as the meme culture, it was a beef industry funded bunk study that purveyed the propaganda about plant based estrogens that are not the same as animal based (which your body does respond to, and most animal meats are female and contain high amounts of it, especially bovine milk ;)).

Besides, the largest soy consumers are the cattle as well, so... ;)

Let the mental gymnastics ensue.

Last edited:
Top Bottom