• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alan Wake 2 Game Length Set at Around 20 Hours; Alan in "Better Shape" to Dodge Attacks

Draugoth

Gold Member
alan-wake-2-game-length.png

Alan Wake 2’s game length sits at around 20 hours to complete, according to a recent interview with Remedy Entertainment. It will also feature a more physically fit Alan that’s “in a bit better shape” than the previous game, which could improve how he dodges attacks in the sequel.

The interview was held by Thomas Puha, Communications Director at the game studio. While only briefly mentioned, Puha stated that the game “currently” takes 20 hours to finish:

With the two intertwined campaigns, can you discuss roughly how long Alan Wake 2 will take to complete?
It depends on your skills, but currently (and the game is not quite done yet because a lot of the content is still going in), we’re looking at over 20 hours.
It’s worth stressing that the 20-hour estimate is based on “current” content, and with more to be added as development progresses, it may end up taking longer to finish upon release.

Puha also talked briefly about dodging in Alan Wake 2, and how he hopes that it now feels “a lot better” than the previous game.

Does the dodging work the same as in the first Alan Wake, or is it going to feel different?
Hopefully, it’ll feel a lot better. But yeah, it does work the same way, though the good thing is that Alan isn’t out of breath constantly, so he’s in a bit better shape. Of course, being an FBI agent, Saga is pretty handy with combat.

Puscifer

Damn, that’s pretty on the short end, 30-35 is the sweet spot for me. 20hrs and I’ll be done with it within a week. That said this year is rammed, so maybe not a bad thing.
I don't think most games need to be 40+ hours

Hell, most don't even justify 20 hours

I think that's likely the reason as much as I love Shin Megami Tensei games I can't do most titles more than once, 80-120 hours for a playthrough is fucking insanity. I'll replay MEGATEN 3 and 5, and Persona 1 and 2 being 30-40 hrs or even both Kotors being 20 hours make them so much more replayable than many other games that are bloated as hell.

YCoCg

It will also feature a more physically fit Alan that’s “in a bit better shape” than the previous game, which could improve how he dodges attacks in the sequel.
I should hope so, he's been stuck in the dark place for how many years now? Dodging is apart of his everyday routine at this point.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Would prefer 10-15 but 20 isn't overstaying its welcome. Hope its not a bunch of fluff and padding.

Toots

Gold Member
It will also feature a more physically fit Alan that’s “in a bit better shape” than the previous game, which could improve how he dodges attacks in the sequel.
Are the devs treating the goddam string of code that is Alan Wake like a real human being ?
"He told us he got a personal trainer between the first and second game so he might be in better shape and dodge better... "

Edit :
Would be wild if it worked that way. Having Kratos and Atreus do family counseling between games, or Link follow andrew tate moronic alpha male course so he finally can score Zelda, getting Masterchief laid so he doesn't have all this pent up virgin rage that makes him kill every alien he sees...

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Seems good, but still ain't buying it without a physical release unless it's on deep discount.
Hopefully we'll get a Remaster of Quantum Break with the new actress to fix the inconsistency.

Then again it's only a teaser

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Sounds lush!

I can't wait...they have tomdelay it two weeks to land on Halloween, but that would be bad for sales I imagine.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Damn, that’s pretty on the short end, 30-35 is the sweet spot for me. 20hrs and I’ll be done with it within a week. That said this year is rammed, so maybe not a bad thing.
Its survival horror game, not RPG to be 30-35 hours long. Why anyone want these game be that long, both Dead Space and Resident Evil games are even less than 20 hours.

Last edited:

mdkirby

I don't think most games need to be 40+ hours

Hell, most don't even justify 20 hours

I think that's likely the reason as much as I love Shin Megami Tensei games I can't do most titles more than once, 80-120 hours for a playthrough is fucking insanity. I'll replay MEGATEN 3 and 5, and Persona 1 and 2 being 30-40 hrs or even both Kotors being 20 hours make them so much more replayable than many other games that are bloated as hell.
Yeah don’t get me wrong, I quite like my “weekend games” where I’ll just binge it in a weekend. But f
It’s survival horror game, not RPG to be 30-35 hours long. Why anyone want these game be that long, both Dead Space and Resident Evil games are even less than 20 hours.
i mean if that’s the case then yeah I definitely play slowly

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
i mean if that’s the case then yeah I definitely play slowly
No no matter how good horror game is the longer it goes on the more we get used to the tension and lose the horror, it just our nature.

Last edited:
Top Bottom