• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Actor/comedian John Witherspoon passes at 77

TacosNSalsa

I first saw him in Boomerang where he had a small part as David Allen-Grier's father where that entire scene had me in stitches

JvJP2sZ.gif

cHjZ67L.gif

Then again in The Wayan's Show as Pops. Again him being on screen is the draw for me

0uESt8b.gif

And of course , the Friday series . Probably my fav comedy movie series (if you don't count BttF) . He was hilarious in all 3 !

NslDnc1.gif

TldQqHB.gif

I know it seems like I'm writing a lot that's because if I was having a bad day watching one of his movies always made me feel better

Last edited:
That's a real shame, he was one of the most naturally funny guys to ever grace the big screen. I was in stitches during his Rogan interview a few months back. Rest in peace.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, I loved this dude in Friday and so much else. RIP.

Bummer news to hear. Him and Uncle Phil were THE tv dad's to beat.

His roles in Friday(s), Wayans Bros. Show, Boondocks were a big part of my childhood/teenage years and I've always thought fondly of his roles. Great actor.

Soltype

Here lies John Witherspoon, don't tell nobody.Wayans Bros is some of the funniest stuff ever filmed, going to miss him.

Love this guy. He was in the Wayans Bros show I used to always watch. He was the dad. The secret ingredient dog food award winning chili episode I'll never forget lmao. He was also in little Nicky with Adam Sandler which is another one of my childhood movies. The man is a part of my childhood and I'm blessed for that fact. I was watching vampire in Brooklyn the other day with Eddie Murphy and I love him in that too. You're stuck with me and many others, Mr Witherspoon. 💞

Love this guy. He was in the Wayans Bros show I used to always watch. He was the dad. The secret ingredient dog food award winning chili episode I'll never forget lmao. He was also in little Nicky with Adam Sandler which is another one of my childhood movies. The man is a part of my childhood and I'm blessed for that fact. I was watching vampire in Brooklyn the other day with Eddie Murphy and I love him in that too. You're stuck with me and many others, Mr Witherspoon. 💞
I was just watching Vampire in Brooklyn the other day too. That movie has aged terribly. Still fun to watch though.

Top Bottom