• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Acquiring double jump in games might be the most satisfying common gaming moment

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Some games give it to you way too soon. I think Hollow Knight did it perfectly.

All of the upgrades in that game have good timing.
Do they? It’s such an open-ended game, there’s really no order to find the upgrades in. I remember looking a looong time for some of them.

Davey Cakes

Do they? It’s such an open-ended game, there’s really no order to find the upgrades in. I remember looking a looong time for some of them.
From my perspective, yeah. The game always gave me what I was looking for right when I wanted it. The dash, air dash, wall jump, Nail upgrades, double jump, the ability to survive in acid water. It's open ended but if you go far enough in one direction you'll always find something useful, and the double jump in particular is only necessary after a specific point.

MDSLKTR

This might be it guys

67fccf150572bdf86a0f04b8805d00d9.gif

Tschumi

I agree!

But I mean it could also be when you get your shotgun, or even crowbar... Actually come to think of it I hate getting a crowbar, it means they've gated the guns a bit further back... Jyuh

Super Mario GIF

Last edited:
Top Bottom