• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

According to NCsoft, Guild Wars 3 is under development

Status
Not open for further replies.
Extract from a Q&A shareholders’ meeting that was posted in full on inven.co.kr:

Q. NC West has been running a deficit for 8 years, and I don’t understand why the person in charge remains the same.

Acting Chairman Park Byeong-moo
= NC West’s deficit issue is not something that should be looked at solely based on numbers. Personally, as I have been moving NCSoft for 17 years, I have seen NCWest also undergo various reorganization efforts. Originally, NC had six studios in the United States, and the work was done to organize the six and integrate them into one ArenaNet. Although additional costs were incurred in the process, it ultimately resulted in a competitive ArenaNet. Rather than looking at the deficit as a number, NC contributed to strengthening competitiveness in the United States.

ArenaNet has a meaningful IP called ‘Guild Wars’, and after Guild Wars 2, they are currently working on ‘Guild Wars 3’. Looking at this process, we have considerable competitiveness. Although it is not completely profitable, I believe that it has increased its competitiveness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom