• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

Opinion News Event A peek at the new PS Store

Do you like the new PS Store (Browser) layout

• Looks dope as fuck

• Trash

• "Serviceable"

Results are only viewable after voting.

MrS

Apr 6, 2014
North East, England
NB: IMAGES ARE OF THE PS STORE ON THE WEB BROWSER

From what I'm reading, the AUS store is partially live and folks have been using VPS to see dis shit!

I like it. What do you guys think?

Edit: More pics!

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Jul 2, 2013
Oregon
Looks cool, but kinda... big?

Will be interesting to see how easy it is to find stuff.

Mahavastu

Aug 17, 2020
are these american prices? I see the $79 for 12 months of PS+, which would be a major price increase

-Arcadia-

Branded for life by her misdeeds
Aug 20, 2019
I assume this is the web store, but still a good sign of what we can expect for PS5?

I like it. It’s bright, friendly, and nice change of pace from PS4 blue.

Quantum253

Nov 27, 2015
Looks fine. Some of those images look really stretched though. Also, something I've been wondering, since the PS5 UI is 4K, does that mean the PS Store videos will better quality then what we've had on earlier systems?

Reactions: Skyfox
D

Deleted member 740922

Unconfirmed Member
It's a store, not a load you can do with it really 🤔

JonnyMP3

May 31, 2020
I have never used a web browser to access the PS Store, only through my actual playstation or the app on Android.
Can someone inform me of what's actually different to the previous version?

MrS

Apr 6, 2014
North East, England
I have never used a web browser to access the PS Store, only through my actual playstation or the app on Android.
Can someone inform me of what's actually different to the previous version?
This new version is a complete overhaul. New colour scheme and the new store seems to be keeping the same clean style as the PS5 game pages on the PS website. They've ditched the old look and this new look is just much much cleaner. This is how the old store looked:

Reactions: JonnyMP3

JonnyMP3

May 31, 2020
This new version is a complete overhaul. New colour scheme and the new store seems to be keeping the same clean style as the PS5 game pages on the PS website. They've ditched the old look and this new look is just much much cleaner. This is how the old store looked:

Thanks.
Looking at it, it's like a blend between the PS4 store and the app tbf.
I'm guessing the app will also get the same update eventually... And yeah, needs a black version!

Reactions: Skyfox and MrS

DrScissorsMD

Banned
Apr 3, 2020
Gimme option 3 in the poll OP; it’s not great, not terrible. Serviceable which is what you want from a store so w/e.
Edit. Or don’t OP, you live your life. I just thinks it’s pretty average.

Last edited:
  • Empathy
Reactions: MrS

sol_bad

Jan 17, 2006
Damn it, wishlist is gone. I forgot to write down the games I had in there!!!

Isa

Nov 28, 2017
I'm curious, since they've taken away the Avatars, what will we be using for them now? Will it be more like the app and Xbox where I can find or use pics I have? It just seems that apart from Pre-orders I don't recall seeing the store update avatars in the US for some time. I want to see more of what our own PS profiles will be like and how they interact with other apps/sites and features.

jaysius

Oct 3, 2019
Looks like shit, so does MS store(it’s only a smidge nicer) they both waste too much space.

TBH I don’t give a fuck as long as Sony doesn’t gimp it like last gen when they were ditching the PS3, the PS3 store barely functions since they “brought it inline” with the PS4 store(happened eons ago).

I typically just use psprices website no matter what platform, nobody makes a good storefront.

I just want the storefront to function if I have to use it on my PS4.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2018
I'm curious, since they've taken away the Avatars, what will we be using for them now? Will it be more like the app and Xbox where I can find or use pics I have? It just seems that apart from Pre-orders I don't recall seeing the store update avatars in the US for some time. I want to see more of what our own PS profiles will be like and how they interact with other apps/sites and features.
I don't believe avatars have been taken away. You just can't purchase them from a desktop or mobile device beginning on 10/28. Same goes for themes and PS3 games.

Reactions: Isa

LordOfChaos

Mar 31, 2014
Mostly just hope it's fast. Even the desktop website just feels weird sometimes with the lags and loads, and the phone app is a web view, I hope that's rewritten to be all native for the PS5.

Reactions: jaysius
May 26, 2014
As someone who mainlines PS, this is sterile, bland, ugly, and difficult to look at due to the brightness. In short, it's awful.

Last edited:
Reactions: longdi

Neolombax

Aug 3, 2016
Malaysia
Looks fine, never had any issues with the store. But what I REALLY want is to have a unified store regardless of where you are. To have the SEA store have different offerings compared to the NA store is dumb and needs to go away.