• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A new Deus Ex - What do you want

For a new Deus EX do you prefer

• Deus EX Remake

Votes: 30 19.9%
  • Deus EX - Human Revolution Remaster

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Deus EX - Human Revolution Remake

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • A New Deus EX

Votes: 108 71.5%
  • Deus EX - Mankind Divided Next Gen Patch

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • No more Cyberpunk - Dark Futuristic games please

Votes: 3 2.0%

• Total voters

RAIDEN1

At the rate things are going we might end up getting a new instalment in the twilight years of the PS5 and Xbox Series X....more so as it has changed developers and is no longer with Square Enix....

ALL I want is for them to sack everybody involved in writing the last two games. Whoever came up with "Juggernaut Collective" especially.

It's a shame because Mankind Divided was kind of cool! They did a good job with the hub even if it wasn't visually that exciting to look at. It was mostly fun to play.

I would want a prequel to the first reboot with same group of art directors and writers, with a more Alien:Isolation vibe in terms of tech, set in Nigeria, New Zealand, Shen Zen, Thailand, Bombay, but really futuristic.

Like, a sort of 80's futurism but kind of more biological and gory, where cybernetics are held together with weird stuff that looks like fish guts, milk and random rubber tubing.

Make the story about class and survival, changing identity in the "new world", with the player beginning the game in a state of hi tech poverty and clawing up the foodchain.

Maintain the revenge driven, roving detective bit and the same sense of well-populated corridors and trains connecting complex dungeons.

However, make the hero a hapless criminal, and make their initial motivations completely selfish, slightly evil and doomed to failure. Then bring on the familiar world-spanning conspiracy with the chic modern environments, World Banks, Big Pharma, corporate bad guy cyberpunk villain, redemption, family, cool throaty monologues, etc.

Fitzchiv

Finish the Jensen trilogy, even if it means asset flipping from DX:MD. Then set about moving forward from Invisible War or even better, retcon it and do a proper sequel to the original.

But we can't be waiting another 4/5 years for a DX title. A 10 year gap would be the longest in the series.

Cherrypepsi

I'd love to have a game that plays in the Deus Ex 1 timeline, but you play as the primary unit Paul Denton - A game like that would tell it's own story but have hundreds of references for players of the original.

SkylineRKR

Mankind Divided needs a proper conclusion. I thought it was great, not as good as HR, but still great. Golem City was awesome. The Prague hub was actually really good, but I would prefer a more dystopian location.

Deus Ex MD ran circles around Cyberpunk. I found it much more immersive and simply a better game with better mechanics and skills.

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Black Widow Avengers GIF

Cherrypepsi

As long as they don't mean to go open world then this is good. The hub sections of MD are perfect and they should do more of that.
I'm not necessarily against open world but it has to be done in the right scale.

but all I can say is YES please. Only 7 years left until JC DENTON will be born!
Someone has to invent the speed enhancement leg augmentations already FFS!!!!!!

7j45chcapmm21.jpg

Top Bottom