• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A new Deus Ex - What do you want

For a new Deus EX do you prefer

• Deus EX Remake

Votes: 30 19.9%
  • Deus EX - Human Revolution Remaster

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Deus EX - Human Revolution Remake

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • A New Deus EX

Votes: 108 71.5%
  • Deus EX - Mankind Divided Next Gen Patch

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • No more Cyberpunk - Dark Futuristic games please

Votes: 3 2.0%

• Total voters

Ozrimandias

After the messy launch of Cyberpunk 2077, there is an opportunity for Deus Ex?
I think so but, what do you prefer?
There are rumors of a new Deus Ex in development, which I hope is true, such an underrated game, especially human revolution. if a new Deus Ex is the half of what Cyberpunk was supposed to be, I can receive it happily.

Do you want a new (or old) entry in the Deus Ex universe?

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I dislike the trend of people clamouring for remakes over new games. I voted for something new; a new next-gen only high quality Deus Ex title would be something special.
Nobody is clamoring for a remake over a new game. We want both. However, a remake of the original Deus Ex is so old that it would practically be a new game,

Having said that, it is mind boggling that SE has re-released pretty much every 7th gen game on the 8th/9th gen BUT Deus Ex Human Revolution, which is one of my favorite 7th gen games. Can't figure that one out.

I really want the Adam Jensen saga to get closure.

Fitzchiv

What rumours? This is great news if true as the Jensen trilogy needs finishing before, ideally, someone else tales the IP on or Squenix let's EM do what they want rather than churn out garbage Avengers games.

Xellos

My first choice would be a third Adam Jensen entry to continue/wrap up that storyline, but I'd also like modern ports of Deus Ex 1 and Invisible War. There have been a lot of mid-90s ports lately so I'm hopeful the early 2000s stuff comes along soon.

Fitzchiv

P.s anyone tempted to vote for a DX:HR remaster, don't. Just pop the Directors Cut version into your Series X and it is very playable and looks absolutely fine.

Rikkori

For a new Deus Ex I'd simply like Mankind Divided but more of it. Maybe go to Africa this time, throw expectations for a loop & be very creative with the cyberpunk future. I would also say they should take a page from Cyberpunk 2077's book & work on their gunplay more, both HR & MD had absolutely trash-tier gunplay in terms of everything (feel, animation, sounds etc). If possible I would love Human Revolutions to get remastered because the UI doesn't scale in that game so you're stuck at 1080p if you want it to be playable, but keep an option for the yellow/orange-tint.

I've played HR and MD too many times, no remake is tempting. But a new Deus Ex made by people that know what they're doing with it? Yea please!

JayK47

I want it all. Remakes as well as new. I actually enjoyed Mankind Divided. I would be fine with more Adam Jensen or someone new, assuming they are not woke. Any remakes would need to stick to the source material and not update or change the story or characters.

GametimeUK

I enjoyed part of Mankind Decided on PS3 when it was on +. I haven't played any games that came before or after. Do you guys recommend I go back and beat the game on PC? Gamepad or Keyboard and Mouse?

A new Deus Ex game wins by default. I'm at a stage where remakes don't matter as long as I have access to the classic and can bump the resolution up.

Would purchase a completely remade Deus Ex and Invisible War. One thing fans of the original game don't want to admit is the rough shooting, so to have the entire game mechanics and world improved would be excellent.

noqtic

Sequel to Mankind Divided, but this time better animation and tighter controls, figure out a way to make the gunplay not suck. Make the world even more dense (not bigger) with more side quests and things to discover and do. That would be perfection.

graywolf323

Finish the current story and don't cheap out like they did with Mankind Divided.

It really is such a good series, that's been ignored.
I'm very much this too

maybe a next gen port of Human Revolution & Mankind Divided to get people interested again as well

zcaa0g

Banned
It was a huge mistake to basically only have one location for Mankind Divided. Deus Ex was all about globe hopping among other things. Prague was detailed, but way too much backtracking.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
as long as SE has the ip it'll be in poor hands to whomever makes it. Sell the IP to Arkane or someone who knows how to make an immersive sim and gives a new deus ex. A sequel to MD is prolly too late now. Time for something far more in the future.

A new Deus Ex is preferred.

With that said I'm tired of cyberpunk stuff just as much as anyone is with zombies. There's different types of futures that could be really interesting outside of the "society has gone to hell and the coRpOrAtioNS rule!"

Solarpunk could be pretty cool. I dunno.

9ad47b105125461.Y3JvcCwxNzI1LDEzNTAsMjE3LDA.png

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
NO remakes or remasters of Human Revolution or Mankind Divided, they're still great as is. Give us a NEW Deus Ex, preferably a follow up to the Adam Jensen saga in MD.

Finish MD's story, obviously. Bundle the new game with a remaster of MD so that people don't feel like they're jumping into the middle of the story. Find the guy who decided to kill Deus Ex in favor of awful corporate-brand-deposit GaaS games that everyone hates, take him out back, and shoot him. Boom, easy.

Last edited:

BigBooper

I didn't love the modern games despite preordering both of them. If I could really choose, I'd like a new one with the depth and complexity of the original. A good remake of the original would be welcome too, but why would I have faith they could do that right?

GHG

Deux Ex remake in all its glory because the series has been in a downward trajectory and I know they would just find bizarre ways to fuck up a new game.

AGRacing

That team MIGHT.... and I stress MIGHT be able to deliver the Cyberpunk 2077 we wanted.

If they could give me a fleshed out Detroit in the style of Watch Dogs but with Deus Ex mechanics ... boy oh boy would they have something special.

Assuming that Square Enix fish Eidos Montreal out of the Disney's Marvel's Avengers salt mines then a conclusion to Adam Jensen's story would be great. Something based on all the cut content from Mankind Divided. Maybe fix up some of the gameplay quirks from those games though - I hate how they handle pre-animated takedown moves for instance.

If not and a different studio is given the reigns make a new game with a new setting and protagonist. Whatever you do don't remake the original Deus Ex. They'd fuck it up somehow.

RafterXL

Considering no game in the series has come remotely close to capturing the genius of the original, I find it interesting that people are clamoring for more. Give me a 4k/60 next gen remaster of the first and then go make a new IP.

Dumb shit like Tumblr and synthwave ruined people's perception of what cyberpunk is, so I don't want a new Deux Ex. People ignored the warnings in science fiction and cyberpunk, making that shit become reality, so what's the point?

intbal

I want a proper-functioning PC port of The Fall.
It's a decent game, but the mobile origin causes too many technical problems for most people.

I honestly loved the recent entries in the series, so if they continue that or make a new story I'm in either way. I really don't want a remake, a high effort remaster would be cool though.

Fbh

I want a new game in the same style as the last 2.
Just more polished on the technical side and with a satisfying self contained story as opposed to what we got in Mankind Divided where it felt like I just got a part of the whole story.

Top Bottom