• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Croc Remaster has been confirmed in early development

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
I remember using tank controls and playing with joy, even though it sometimes led to frustration. If they improve the controls and make a few quality of life changes, it would be enjoyable to play.

Rat Rage

It's probably going to be shit and look worse than the original, just like the Spyro the Dragon PS1 remakes.

PS1's blocky 3D graphics have a very distinct, cool look to them, unlike N64 graphics, which aged very badly and just look like detailless, blurry 3D graphics from todays perspective - thus having been entirely consumed by 3D graphic evolution.
PS1's graphics, on the other hand, have transcended the evolution of 3D, because their uniqueness has been enough to form, establish and cement an own identiy in the realm of 3D graphic history - to the point, that even TODAY, there are indie games trying to deliberately emulate that distinct PS1 graphics look.

Last edited:

kikkis

Croc is the first ever game I played when my dad got a computer for us. Game itself wasn't the thing but damn, memory of that childhood gets me bit teary eyed.

I had played croc bit in therapy and it's literally only thing I remember from that therapy. When we got it on our home computer, I used to go to other room when croc booted so it wouldn't hopefully crash. It always did since computer didnt have the latest drivers.

PS1's graphics, on the other hand, have transcended the evolution of 3D, because their uniqueness has been enough to form, establish and cement an own identiy in the realm of 3D graphic history - to the point, that even TODAY, there are indie games trying to deliberately emulate that distinct PS1 graphics look.
Which isn't much different than the 3DO or Saturn 3D graphics look? How was it unique?

Last edited:

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
I bought the crash and spyro remasters.

I have a real weird soft spot for croc, I actually played it quite a bit from memory. I remember the little furry gobbos!

I’m in for this if the price is right for a trip down memory lane.

Soodanim

Gold Member
My first PS1 game. I'll buy this for nostalgia alone. Spyro was very good and Crash was pretty good from what I've seen, so it has potential.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I'll grab it purely because it was the first PS1 game I owned (and by extension within the first probably 5 games total).

No idea who else it's for though, it's not actually a great game.

Top Bottom