• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Challenge for the Ladies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenobi

Okay, this is my first time posting any woman/girl related things ever on here, at least making my own thread on it, but from what I know, women like it when men are tough to get...they present challenges to them, and therefore they will seek them out more. So my question is, how can I do this more often? Just little tips n' tricks will do nicely. I don't, however, want to turn into an asshole.

How do I become a challenge for women to seek me out instead of the other way around? There's this particular girl that I really like, and she said that she likes it when a guy challenges her...so....tips? Thanks!

hXc_thugg

Kenobi said:
Okay, this is my first time posting any woman/girl related things ever on here, at least making my own thread on it, but from what I know, women like it when men are tough to get...they present challenges to them, and therefore they will seek them out more. So my question is, how can I do this more often? Just little tips n' tricks will do nicely. I don't, however, want to turn into an asshole.

How do I become a challenge for women to seek me out instead of the other way around? There's this particular girl that I really like, and she said that she likes it when a guy challenges her...so....tips? Thanks!

I kind of do this naturally. However, I am an asshole so I don't know how much help I can be to you. You may have to become an asshole for this to be effective.

Kenobi

hXc_thugg said:
I kind of do this naturally. However, I am an asshole so I don't know how much help I can be to you. You may have to become an asshole for this to be effective.

hmm...okay, well what do you usually do?

hXc_thugg

Kenobi said:
hmm...okay, well what do you usually do?

You have to feign mild disinterest for starters. Also, you should occasionally let slip some sort of compliment or insinuate a manner in which you adore her. But present it as a joke. That way she kind of gets a sense you're interested, but she isn't quite sure if you're just fucking with her. Talk about other girls that are interested in you occasionally and stuff like that.

Really, you don't want to be too mean, so don't like make fun of her or things she says too much. But maybe a little bit.

Basically...the cocky and the funny.

Boogie

Kenobi said:

Just do a search for threads by Cubsfan23.

GamerDiva

Banned
First let's make it clear that not all women like a 'challenge' as people say. The best way to get a girl or woman is to give her the impression that other women are chasing you. Make this up if you have to but believe me that her interest in you will increase substantially if she feels there's competition against her.

Azala

Don't? Really, it's not attractive. I think what you're looking for is not being a total pushover who can be walked on, pushed around and easily cajoled into things. There's a difference between having a backbone, and pushing for your own desires and being a hard to get pain in the ass who's interest is impossible to guage. You want to avoid the latter.

Just be polite, considerate, honest and true to yourself and your own desires.

P.S.
GamerDiva said:
First let's make it clear that not all women like a 'challenge' as people say. The best way to get a girl or woman is to give her the impression that other women are chasing you. Make this up if you have to but believe me that her interest in you will increase substantially if she feels there's competition against her.

Total turn off for me personally. There's nothing worse than watching the guy you're interested in flirt with someone else or be flirted with over and over again. It turns me off to a guy. Why not just give the impression you like yourself, know what you want and aren't afraid to speak your mind and express it, and are comfortable in your own skin?

Boogie

Azala said:
Just be polite, considerate, honest and true to yourself and your own desires.

F*ck that, that approach hasn't done sh*t for me. :p

inconceivable.jpg

Boogie

I'd also like to add that "mild disinterest" doesn't do squat either. I am naturally "mildly disinterested" in most women (ie. I don't actively pursue, or hang on their every word), and --*GASP*-- it doesn't result in women craving my attention.

SHOCK AND AWE!

hXc_thugg

Boogie said:
I'd also like to add that "mild disinterest" doesn't do squat either. I am naturally "mildly disinterested" in most women (ie. I don't actively pursue, or hang on their every word), and --*GASP*-- it doesn't result in women craving my attention.

SHOCK AND AWE!

Maybe you're really icky? :(

GamerDiva

Banned
Azala said:
Total turn off for me personally. There's nothing worse than watching the guy you're interested in flirt with someone else or be flirted with over and over again. It turns me off to a guy. Why not just give the impression you like yourself, know what you want and aren't afraid to speak your mind and express it, and are comfortable in your own skin?

Yes but most women like that and very few guys and girls are capable of the latter that you posted. I also find that if girls know a guy isn't hounded by another girl or two they think the guy is either desperate or there's something wrong with him. Sad but true that a lot of women think this way.

Boogie

hXc_thugg said:
Maybe you're really icky? :(

Well, I have been told otherwise :p

GamerDiva said:
I also find that if girls know a guy isn't hounded by another girl or two they think the guy is either desperate or there's something wrong with him. Sad but true that a lot of women think this way.

Fucking wonderful.

XS+

Banned
If you have to pose this question here, it's a hopeless situation. BTW, if she was interested in you, you'd already know it.

NLB2

Banned
GamerDiva said:
Yes but most women like that and very few guys and girls are capable of the latter that you posted. I also find that if girls know a guy isn't hounded by another girl or two they think the guy is either desperate or there's something wrong with him. Sad but true that a lot of women think this way.
You seem to be a lot more honest about this kind of stuff then most women. If it wasn't for your incessent trolling of lemurs you'd be pretty cool. :p

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
She is pretty cool. She just needs to lose the Lemur fight to go up a level to just cool.

As for that girl's chasing the guy thing, it seems pretty true in my experience. I never have as much interest in me as I do when I'm already with someone.

It's a pretty stupid way to think, but I gave up on girl logic a long time ago and just accept it for reality now.

hXc_thugg

NLB2 said:
You seem to be a lot more honest about this kind of stuff then most women. If it wasn't for your incessent trolling of lemurs you'd be pretty cool. :p

I think her trolling of Lemurs makes her even cooler. Not because it's Lemurs, I don't have a problem with her at all. It's just the manner in which she does it is pretty cool.

NLB2

Banned
hXc_thugg said:
I think her trolling of Lemurs makes her even cooler. Not because it's Lemurs, I don't have a problem with her at all. It's just the manner in which she does it is pretty cool.
Someone's coming across as desperate ;-)

XS+

Banned
I think some of you have an unhealthy fixation on unraveling the conundrums that are females. Problem is, they're not as paradoxical as you all make them out to be. I look at it like this: Attraction isn't something that develops. It's there, always has been, and is randomly triggered. That's how life works. It's weird, yes, but it's not complicated. Anytime you need to ask what to do to catch a female's eye, you've LOST. Some of you act as if females aren't human, as if they're not propelled by the very same impulses we are.

GamerDiva

Banned
NLB2 said:

Ya I'm done and had my fun with her. I hope she doesn't really mean it when she says she hates me because I don't know her to hate her. I also have to give honest advice here even if it must suck for you guys to hear it from time to time. :)

Boogie

XS+ said:
I think some of you have an unhealthy fixation on unraveling the conundrums that are females. Problem is, they're not as paradoxical as you all make them out to be. I look at it like this: Attraction isn't something that develops. It's there, always has been, and is randomly triggered. That's how life works. It's weird, yes, but it's not complicated. Anytime you need to ask what to do to catch a female's eye, you've LOST. Some of you act as if females aren't human, as if they're not propelled by the very same impulses we are.

I'm sure this is mostly true, but when attraction just doesn't happen to you, it's natural to be frustrated and question why that is so.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
hXc_thugg said:
You have to feign mild disinterest for starters. Also, you should occasionally let slip some sort of compliment or insinuate a manner in which you adore her. But present it as a joke. That way she kind of gets a sense you're interested, but she isn't quite sure if you're just fucking with her. Talk about other girls that are interested in you occasionally and stuff like that.

Really, you don't want to be too mean, so don't like make fun of her or things she says too much. But maybe a little bit.

Basically...the cocky and the funny.

Let me ask you a question... when do you ask her out? I've never understood this about the cocky and funny approach, because the second you do ask her out, as George Costanza would say, you lose hand.

Edit: I'll go on record and say I disagree with Futami. I have seen more than a couple of instances in which a female has 'grown' to like a male.

Azala

NLB2 said:
Azala - are you sure you're not lying to yourself right now?

Yep I'm positive. Completely positive. Bad behavior turns me off. I guess the bigger question is, what kind of girls is he hoping to attract with the hard to get challenge strategy? Of course, in the younger age groups with more immature girls this might be a worthwhile strategy, but even back in my teen years I wasn't a big fan of this approach and it didn't work on me. As I've gotten older I'm not as alone in my feelings on the matter.

hXc_thugg

Wellington said:
Let me ask you a question... when do you ask her out? I've never understood this about the cocky and funny approach, because the second you do ask her out, as George Costanza would say, you lose hand.

Edit: I'll go on record and say I disagree with Futami. I have seen more than a couple of instances in which a female has 'grown' to like a male.

The trick is to try and get them to ask you out. For me at least.

GamerDiva

Banned
hXc_thugg said:
The trick is to try and get them to ask you out. For me at least.

True or a smooth guy can make it seem like less of an actual date by saying you should meet up at a place familiar to you both or doing an activity like say tennis, bike riding, ice skating etc.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Here's the thing. Girls like confidence, but often mistake arrogance for it. Despite pretty much every girl I've ever known saying their biggest turn off is arrogance, so many of them don't see it.

When you're growing up, in high school in particular, if you're a nice guy but shy, you look at the assholes with the girls and wonder why you can't get them. You think you have to be some arrogant twat and don't want to change into that and therefore can't get a girl. You don't. You just need to be confident. You can stay nice.

LakeEarth

Here's a girl problem. I've been 'seeing' a girl for about a month now but I haven't been out with her in weeks cause of exams, and then because she's "too busy for the holidays". She SEEMS to be into me and when I said "maybe we can do that" she'll seem to be positive about it... I'm a confused.

GamerDiva

Banned
LakeEarth said:
Here's a girl problem. I've been 'seeing' a girl for about a month now but I haven't been out with her in weeks cause of exams, and then because she's "too busy for the holidays". She SEEMS to be into me and when I said "maybe we can do that" she'll seem to be positive about it... I'm a confused.

Don't say "maybe" and instead be more confident like Mama Smurf said. Girls love a take charge guy! :)

NLB2

Banned
Here's a problem I've been having with this one girl. I'll suggest we go get tea or something like that and she'll be all into it and say "Sure, that sounds great." And then fifteen minutes before we're supposed to meet, she'll call me up and say she can't come. She always has some excuse that sounds legitimate but its happened three times. Why would someone do this? Damn cock tease is wasting my time.

GamerDiva

Banned
NLB2 said:
Here's a problem I've been having with this one girl. I'll suggest we go get tea or something like that and she'll be all into it and say "Sure, that sounds great." And then fifteen minutes before we're supposed to meet, she'll call me up and say she can't come. She always has some excuse that sounds legitimate but its happened three times. Why would someone do this? Damn cock tease is wasting my time.

I'd say she's seeing other guy(s) but after the third time you should have challenged her and asked her straight out why she was doing this to you for a third time in a row. Tell her you're not a sucker or a sap and not to waste your time unless her reasons for cancelling were truly legit.

NLB2

Banned
Azwethinkweiz said:
Maybe she thinks you're a sissy because you're asking her out for tea. Ask her out for a beer next time.
lol. I'm 18 she's 17.
GamerDiva said:
I'd say she's seeing other guy(s) but after the third time you should have challenged her and asked her straight out why she was doing this to you for a third time in a row. Tell her you're not a sucker or a sap and not to waste your time unless her reasons for cancelling were truly legit.
I did that and she just said that they were legit. I'm not gonna waste any more time on her, but I would like to understand it all more.

GamerDiva

Banned
Guys just remember one thing. A lot of women don't know how to react to an assertive or strong male. If you speak up, a lot of them won't know what to say or do, thus allowing you to have the upper hand. :)

XS+

Banned
NLB2 said:

She's not interested. Why do people like you torture yourselves so? If a girl is interested, you will know. While she doesn't want to reject you outright, she still wants to make it clear that you are not someone that she is interested in spending time with.

GamerDiva said:
Guys just remember one thing. A lot of women don't know how to react to an assertive or strong male. If you speak up, a lot of them won't know what to say or do, thus allowing you to have the upper hand. :)

Do you know Cubsfan? You two should get together and write a book.

LakeEarth

Mama Smurf said:
I'm confused about what you're confused about.
I don't know if she's really busy or just using it as an excuse and was too 'polite' to just say it. About a year ago I had another girl do the same thing, but this girl seems more genuine to the "wanting to go but can't" thing.

I do try to be more commanding. A few days ago I was going tobogonning (which I find a pretty good activity for early dates) and said "come out with us" but nope... something about her brother needing help with last minute christmas shopping. Bah.

NLB2

Banned
XS+ said:
She's not interested. Why do people like you torture yourselves so? If a girl is interested, you will know. While she doesn't want to reject you outright, she still wants to make it clear that you are not someone that she is interested in spending time with.
I feel rejected. :-(. Thanks man. :lol

Boogie

GamerDiva said:

Similar to what LakeEarth said: If I try to be assertive, I'm sure the woman will simply say "no".

Gawdammit I hate these threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom