• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A £200 Fallout TV Show backpack has been announced by Bethesda

Draugoth

Gold Member
Untitled-1_AGFWVNl-1440x810.webp

The bag, which is a replica of the in-show prop, features the Vault 33 logo as well as a thick yellow fleece blanket “to complete the authentic look of the bag as seen in the show.”

“Great for cosplay and so much more, this awesome bag is fully work-ready with its well-organised 20-litre interior, complete with a 16-inch laptop compartment, zippered pocket, glasses, keys, and phone pockets, Lucy’s backpack really is a bag for all seasons,” reads the bag’s description.

The bag will be released on September 30 and cost £199.99. It’s currently limited to one per customer, and it’s unclear if it will be made available in-store.

A die-cast replica of the Pip-Boy 3000 is also available for preorder at Game, also for £199.99. The Pip-Boy will be released on January 31, 2025.

That looks fucking terrible. I like Fallout well enough but almost every piece of Fallout merch I've ever seen is the cheapest and tackiest looking shit ever. This bag looks like somebody watched the show and then starting making some bags for their Etsy shops.

Kuranghi

The other day at work we put a new gaming chair out and the cushions had very comfortable memory foam style stuff so we unzipped one to see what it was like and it looked just like the "bedroll" on this backpack, it felt like soft and gushy and for the rest of the day we made jokes about virgin gamers lubing it up and fucking it.

So what I'm getting at here is that I'm pretty sure that "bedroll" is actually meant for lonely Fallout fans to lube up and fuck in the woods.

The level of misery gamers generate around a 'fun' hobby is seriously unmatched :messenger_tears_of_joy: I would never buy something like this, but can appreciate some would... For the fans... And it even mentions cosplay, which, while I do not understand it myself, will no doubt be a thing given the success of the show (and games).

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So all the great ideas that GAF came up with in this thread

and Bethesda's like "nah dawg, we're gonna make a $200 backpack"

Rockman33

I feel like people willing to pay $200 for this is probably displaying it rather than using it on a regular basis. Not sure why there is so much negativity.

Last edited:
Top Bottom