• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What 3DS XL cases do you guys use?

milkham

I, like many, picked up the Zelda 3DS XL this weekend. Up til now i've just been using my second hand OG 3ds and tossing it in my bag or pocket with no protection because I didn't really care about it.

This is my first XL and I want to protect the finish on it.
I was looking at these. The suede jacket might be for me because I generally don't carry around extra carts or a charger with me on a day to day basis and the price on the cityslicker is a little hard to swallow.

What do you guys use? any real-world photos or videos would help, I usually don't find stock product photos that illuminating.

Fuzzy, DJ_Lae, Nub, JBourne, lupinko, and Neoism use the Club Nintendo Reversible Pouch which is not currently available
setaeT5.jpg
hIes0gC.jpg
iwMRYPgXnm37B.JPG

Red Rudolph has this Monster Hunter 4 Pouch and kindly provided photos

Chanser and Pbae use the Waterfield CitySlicker

genjiZero bought these on ebay before seeing this thread

darkjedi187 and ghibli99 use the Official Nintendo System Wallet for DSi XL ghibli99 thinks it's too tight and looks like a rebadged DSi case.

OmegaX and SolidChamp use the Hori Hard Pouch and have the Hori TPU Yawakata Cover (red) on this system.
ghibli99 says the XL slides around inside the hori case.

Thanks to skelter we know the Hori TPU covers are coming in to amazon in february
11057041805_217b9ff76e.jpg
11057203443_336b85a62b.jpg
11057046495_95a2554a50.jpg
11057048555_3e200a727e.jpg
11057209713_b46f9448c4.jpg
vs clear version:
20131125_203350_zps7356920f.jpg
20131125_203303_zpsb04460fa.jpg

dragonlife uses the sleeve it came packaged in

linkboy uses the PDP Pull and go folio (thanks Scoot2005)

Opinionatedfish uses a Nintendo 2DS case

Suzu made her own

I found these laser etched aluminum cases when i searched reddit for 3ds cases

apparently he sells on etsy

ImNotSteven uses the iQue LOGO

BendingUnit got this Everyday Source case sans charger for 4ish dollars

Gingerbeardman likes this pouch with or without logo because it doesn't add bulk and cleans his system off. (also cheap)

seb_n and zamtendo use this Mario Luxe case. can't seem to find it anywhere but amazon uk

novocaine is a stylin motherfucker with his Mega Man 25th anniversary case. R0Ckman thinks it is complete shit though, he couldn't get the top to stay on no matter what he did.

arkkangel007 doesn't wear this bag around much because people can't handle it

crackpebbles uses a Universal Folio that fits 3ds, 3dsxl, dsi. dsixl, ds lite, ds.

GustyGardens keeps the ds in this Zara bag

Halfmunch has a Dragon Quest pouch for his OG 3DS and a 3D Mesh Cover for 3DS LL by Key's Factory which comes in multiple colors

SegaShack bought the Rocketfish Go Case the day the XL landed. He says it looks similar to the amazon basics case. It is hard and inexpensive (that's what she said) and he's used it with 3 systems and had no problems.

Iceberg has a Red RDS industries Game Traveler Case which is also available in blue

illustri0us has nothing to say about this TMNT Shell case

nny has the Gyakuten Saiban 5 pouch. PaulExcellent thinks it is radical.

Terrible_Majesty like's the Retro Face Case by Datel. It reminds him of the Famicom Game Boy Micro

BetterWorldz thinks the Sacoche 'Super Mario' Denim pour DS / 3DS XL / DSlite is nice enough. It is Temporairement en rupture de stock but in stock on US amazon

sixteen-bit and Yes Boss! have the Retro Face Pouch (PC engine) which is also available in Famicom Red

Kaji has the Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Red 3DS XL Case. Two piece, felt lined, i think it is similar to or exactly the same as that Megaman anniversary case. Also comes with styli

Dog Problems picked up the HORI 3DS XL Retro Mario Hard Pouch (luigi) The zipper pulls are little coins. The Mario version is also available

qmontague uses a griffin jumper sleeve for 7" tablets for his/her xl, circlepad and big stylus

Monkeylord has the Super Mario Mini Sling Backpack for Nintendo DS - Mario
I also keep my CD wallet for a few CD's to play in the car, and other random paraphernalia (keys, wallet, etc)

There's loads of room and the fleece pouches in the back are two sizes. Bottom for DSXL/3DSXL and top one for DS/DSi/DSLite/3DS. As I only have a 3DSXL that I take around with me I use the smaller one at the top for keys/headphones and other small bits.

The divider has a few card holders (elasticated strips) and a couple of stylus holders (I use for a pen or two). The back of the divider has another ton of elastic strip card holders.

Pretty nifty, but the strap is very short. I guess it is aimed more at kid-sized people though. I make it work though.
59X5gWC.jpg
q0BWD6J.jpg
3byazug.jpg
8cSrJAz.jpg

DonMigs85 uses a pouch made by a company called Big Ben. This is it I think.

Lambtron uses a Super Mario Starter Kit for Nintendo DS it comes in mario, and peach versions as well. right now it seems to be cheaper on bestbuy though.

Pretty much in the same boat, OP. I had a secondhand purple 3DS until I picked up the Zelda 3DS XL bundle.

I have been super finicky about keeping the screens clean and going through that initial over-protective phase with a new device.

Edit: Where does one acquire one of those magic bags?

03-monster-hunter-4-3.jpg
03-monster-hunter-4-2.jpg

People who don't even game compliment me on this case.

EDIT: Before that, I too used the Club Nintendo bag. Definitely gentle on the finish.

trixx

Pretty much in the same boat, OP. I had a secondhand purple 3DS until I picked up the Zelda 3DS XL bundle.

I have been super finicky about keeping the screens clean and going through that initial over-protective phase with a new device.

Edit: Where does one acquire one of those magic bags?

club nintendo but i believe they are still sold out

Sober

setaeT5.jpg

I don't need more protection than that.
I wish I had that but I just use my pockets, pant pockets, coat or whatnot. I heard this fubs the bumpers or putting it in a pocket (even alone?) will cause the screens to scratch one another? What's up with that.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I used it for my Vita. ;)
I use the launch bundle case for my Vita.

I wish I had that but I just use my pockets, pant pockets, coat or whatnot. I heard this fubs the bumpers or putting it in a pocket (even alone?) will cause the screens to scratch one another? What's up with that.
The original 3DS would scratch the screens because the spacers that would keep the screens apart weren't thick enough so the screen would rub.

I know you were jealous of my pouch when you saw it on Saturday. :)

Thoraxes

There was this nice old leather case for a DSXL I found at Gamestop on clearance for $4, so I use that. It's a great backpack-type carrying case.

Technically it's a zippered pencil case, but it fits my 3DS XL and has a zippered pocket on the inside to hold a number of cartridges as well. I've met the artist several times this year at several conventions. Unfortunately the pouch isn't for sale on her society6 page.

Prior to it, I used the Club Nintendo pouches.

Here's the graphic:
4229979_16256299_b.jpg

is the interior pocket just one space? any slots for cards or anything?

The inside is actually pretty big. Almost big enough to almost fit a second XL. I use it to store a cleaning cloth and a charger when I go on trips. There are two small pockets on the inside that are made to snugly hold two cartridge. That said, I carry my carts in the Club Nintendo cart case. It can't be beat.

Also, I imported this from Japan. Play-Asia. Should be able to get one no matter where you live. It's really nice.

milkham

The inside is actually pretty big. Almost big enough to almost fit a second XL. I use it to store a cleaning cloth and a charger when I go on trips. There are two small pockets on the inside that are made to snugly hold two cartridge. That said, I carry my carts in the Club Nintendo cart case. It can't be beat.

Also, I imported this from Japan. Play-Asia. Should be able to get one no matter where you live. It's really nice.

any pictures of it with stuff inside? does the zipper go all the way around?

ghibli99

Although I think it's too tight, I use the Power A one:

QJgtIeC.jpg

I like it because it can hold a large stylus and 3 games.

I also have the Hori hard case, and the 3DS XL slides around inside. The one I have looks like it was made for the DSi XL, but rebadged for the 3DS XL. Don't know if they've fixed this.

I also have the blue Club Nintendo pouch, but I don't use it for travel... I keep my Mario DSi XL in there for safe keeping.

milkham

Although I think it's too tight, I use the Power A one:

http://i.imgur.com/QJgtIeC.jpg

I like it because it can hold a large stylus and 3 games.

I also have the Hori hard case, and the 3DS XL slides around inside. The one I have looks like it was made for the DSi XL, but rebadged for the 3DS XL. Don't know if they've fixed this.

I also have the blue Club Nintendo pouch, but I don't use it for travel... I keep my Mario DSi XL in there for safe keeping.

it's this one right? how does the flap stay closed?

Gameboy415

I actually use a zippered Parappa the Rapper PSP pouch I picked up back when I lived in Japan.

It fits a 3DS XL like a glove and has some little built-in pockets I occasionally use for extra games.

Here's a pic from Play-Asia for reference:
PA.76324.001.jpg
;

Top Bottom