• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

80s style synth-pop/electro synth/cyberpunk music

Out of interest, what new would a Perturbator live album bring to the tracks? With Brut the arrangements are a bit different and they have actual people playing instruments, but Perturbator is basically just DJ'ying his music. And this isn't meant as an insult towards Perturbator at all - seeing his show last year was one of the best live show experiences I've witnessed, but I just don't see a point in a live album unless he changes the way he does live shows drastically.

He does use keyboards now in his live shows. But yeah, still just one guy so i dont see the value in a live recording.

X-Frame

magic sword being used in a marvel trailer is pretty badass for the genre.

When I first saw the trailer I knew that I heard the song before, but I wasn't sure which Synthwave artist it was immediately. Very happy for Magic Sword and I am sure this is only going to benefit the Synthwave genre and all artists as a whole too with more recognition.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Perturbator "New Model" EP [2017]

Perturbator - the reigning master of darksynth - presents his darkest masterwork to date, the surprise long-form EP "New Model."

Composed in secret, "New Model" follows quickly on the heels of his Billboard chart-topping album "The Uncanny Valley" and explores the bleak and slithering circuitry at the core of modern life.

Revelling in utter madness, gnarled and distorted low-end, and eschewing all modern rules of tempo; the 34-and-a-half minute EP enters quickly and cleans out your core, guiding you on a dystopian odyssey through the underbelly of fierce glitch and madness.

A co-production between Blood Music and Music of the Void (Perturbator's own label).

Stand ready for "New Model."

RELEASE DATE: October 20th, 2017.

TRACK LIST:

1) Birth of the New Model
2) Tactical Precision Disarray
3) Vantablack
4) Tainted Empire
5) Corrupted by Design
6) God Complex
If the rest of the EP is as good as Tactical Precision Disarray, then oh my fuck yes. But October... ;_;

I'm thinking Magic Sword's Volume 1 is selling gangbusters now that the Thor trailer has exploded. So happy for them!

I hope so, they deserve it!

ShaneB

Guess I completely missed this EP release ages ago after liking the single "Keep it Together" so much.

Great release from Lghtnng. Lovely vocals, soft and ethereal. Incredible stuff really, think I've now listened 4 times in a row. (their first EP 'Nights Change Days' is also great btw..)

Getting Ready EP by LGHTNNG
a1099950056_16.jpg

I think I saw this one sell on bandcamp's front and clicked out of curiosity.
It's really awesome and somewhat more distinct thanks to its saxophone use.

The Midnight - Endless Summer

a1722062371_16.jpg

This is the instrumentals version. The non instrumental version.. ehh.. I gotta say singing lyrics in these synth wave albums are usually bad. I can really only tolerate Gunship and some Timecop 1983. Usually it just drags the music down, like with this album in my opinion..

But make sure you check out the non instrumental album for 3 or 4 missing tracks that are instrumental on that able that are missing for some reason from the instrumentals version.

ShaneB

Lot of us are big The Midnight fans Polioliolio, well I am at least. Endless Summer got lots of attention last year when released. Still gets regular play from me. Thier track 'Los Angeles' is a usual nighttime listen, a perfect song.

Agree to disagree on your comments about the vocals though.

I've been digging a lot of synthwave recently with playlist son YouTube, but I have one question how do I find out usage licence rights?

Say if someone is on soundcloud and I wanted to play their music in the background of a Twitch stream, say this as an example: https://soundcloud.com/time-travel-beats/polygons

Not a IP expert, but I'm guessing that you'll have to contact the artist and get written permission to use their music in the BG to avoid any copyright stuff.

Daffy Duck

Not a IP expert, but I'm guessing that you'll have to contact the artist and get written permission to use their music in the BG to avoid any copyright stuff.

I thought that might be the case, but I didn't know if these artists on soundcloud did that or that their music was free to use as such.

Dan-o

I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but has anyone listened to Master Boot Record?

Because this album, C:\>COPY *.* A: /V, is so fucking good y'all.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
When is that new Gunship album supposed to drop? Buddy of mine turned me onto those dudes a few weeks back and I can't stop listening. So damn good.

kami_sama

To everyone, if you can, download the Android Love tracks from Perturbator, they're great and they're only on soundcloud, and the company is going down.

Top Bottom