• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

80’s Anime inspired VR Shooter ‘RUNNER’ gets release date and new trailer

Pejo

Gold Member
This looks really good to me.

It’s launching on meta oct 6th and it will be a launch title for PSVR2

Damn that looks fun. You don't see a lot of stylized games in VR, at least I don't. If this came out for the OG PSVR I'd give it a shot, still undecided on PSVR2 after their stance on not being fully backwards compatible though.

Man..its too bad that cool Japanese music and cool static anime artwork looks like it has literally nothing to do with those really bad gameplay visuals.

Makes you really appreciate what Tango was able to accomplish with HiFi Rush, visually.

sigmaZ

Man..its too bad that cool Japanese music and cool static anime artwork looks like it has literally nothing to do with those really bad gameplay visuals.

Makes you really appreciate what Tango was able to accomplish with HiFi Rush, visually.
Uh. Nevermind.

nkarafo

They need to make the bike's dashboard less boxy. It doesn't look as sleek as those futuristic bikes suggest.

Last edited:

Crayon

They need to make the bike's dashboard less boxy. It doesn't look as sleek as those futuristic bikes suggest.

Besides being low poly, that might be what someone in the 80s thought was futuristic.

1985-kawasaki-gpz900r.jpg

Deckard_1024x1024.jpg

nkarafo

Besides being low poly, that might be what someone in the 80s thought was futuristic.

1985-kawasaki-gpz900r.jpg

Deckard_1024x1024.jpg

From the trailer i thought they were going for the Akira aesthetic (which was 80's futuristic all the way).

Akira-bike-6.jpg

The rest of the bikes look like something like this but when you get to first person it feels like a different style to me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom