• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

8.7 million pounds of beef recalled in US, plant involved shutdown as a precaution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead Man

Yeah, because there's nothing at all gross about eating all the other muscly and fleshy bits of a dead animal?

OK.

It all comes down to flavor and texture, don't it?

Yeah, but in his defence the texture of most of those is pretty vile. Tongue is delicious, but awfully confronting if it is served whole instead of shredded.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Yeah, but in his defence the texture of most of those is pretty vile. Tongue is delicious, but awfully confronting if it is served whole instead of shredded.

Prepared well, texture isn't an issue for any of those really IMO. Even tripe.

Dead Man

Prepared well, texture isn't an issue for any of those really IMO. Even tripe.

Yeah, prepared well. Unless you just don't like certain textures. And the number of times I have seen most of those prepared poorly, or just too simply, vastly outnumbers the times I have seen them prepared well. At a restaurant? Sure, go ahead. My 90 year old Nana's boiled tongue and trotters? Not so much.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Some of those are part of the digestive system. You know, where shit happens

And when prepared well that's all cleaned out and not an issue. Some places, it's soaked and scrubbed through and the process repeated for quite a long time.

Dynedom

Diseased or not...

“Beef Oxtail”
“Beef Cheeks”
"Beef Lips"
“Beef Liver”
“Beef Tripe”
“Beef Tongue”
“Beef Feet”
“Beef Hearts”

Who the heck is eating these things to begin with?

Woah woah. Don't be fucking with oxtail, cheeks or tongue. That stuff is delicious. A slow cooked oxtail is sexy as fuck.

OatmealMu

"assorted"?

The balls of different animals come to the factory packaged together. They have special machines that organize them based on size. The machines look like what's in the picture below but with different hole sizes:

ixEgwYkvQ9NZm.jpg

Dead Man

The balls of different animals come to the factory packaged together. They have special machines that organize them based on size. The machines look like what's in the picture below but with different hole sizes:

ixEgwYkvQ9NZm.jpg

Jesus, that is one very specific piece of machinery.

akira28

I'll eat oxtail, but I refuse to touch liver.
Or other various organ meats, feet, or animal faces.
I'll stick with the brown rice, maybe add an egg and some vegetables and fry it up if it comes to that.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

ixEgwYkvQ9NZm.jpg

What are they used for?

damac

Banned
I drive by there and town stinks.

Also seen numerous people in pickup trucks around town with tarps and flies in the bed going to those places. Seen animal legs and stuff hanging out the back.

lednerg

Well, fuck. Nevermind. Moving back East was the right decision after all.

You have no idea how relieved this makes me. It's like I've been born again. :D

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Wasn't there some news / health article or study that said by the time this stuff actually happens it doesn't matter?

I'm cooking my steak anyway.

teepo

Diseased or not...

“Beef Oxtail”
“Beef Cheeks”
"Beef Lips"
“Beef Liver”
“Beef Tripe”
“Beef Tongue”
“Beef Feet”
“Beef Hearts”

Who the heck is eating these things to begin with?

i've yet to have beef feet but consuming pig feet is one of life's greatest pleasures. i'm not too crazy for heart but i eat it due to its nutritional value. everything else, i absolutely love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom