• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

30FPS games you liked and replayed in 60FPS and loved?

mcjmetroid

So maybe you're a new PC gamer or you're rather enjoying the new generation of consoles with their fancy new FPS modes for older games and perhaps you either played a new port and were like ... My god this game is unbelievable with this new framerate. You can choose 60fps to 120FPS as well.

I would like to put forward the PC version of Sekiro. It's honestly a game changer going from base PS4 which I believe was 30fps to the silky smooth PC version. It's feels... Amazing.

What games in your experience have benefitted the most from an upgraded framerate from when you played it before?

I'm recently replaying Dead Space 3 on PC too and again delicious!

Last edited:

marley_yo

Banned
Blind-Car-Crash-8.25%22-Skateboard-Deck-_299302.jpg

Does going from Loved to probably FAVORITE OF ALL TIME count? Played Breath of the Wild on the Wii U, loved it, bought a Switch, and replayed it on Switch, loved it. Waited a few years for CEMU to get better and replayed BOTW at 3440x1440p 90 fps with mods and adjustments to item degradation, FAVORITE OF ALL TIME. Playing BotW on PC via emulation just adds so much to the game, the clarity from the resolution boost alone is incredible and then you add the 90fps smoothness and it's just gaming nirvana and I can just use my Switch Pro controller and still have a nice controller WITH motion aiming and it's just such a better experience.

Best game ever made.

fwimrsa.jpg

Last edited:

mcjmetroid

Does going from Loved to probably FAVORITE OF ALL TIME count? Played Breath of the Wild on the Wii U, loved it, bought a Switch, and replayed it on Switch, loved it. Waited a few years for CEMU to get better and replayed BOTW at 3440x1440p 90 fps with mods and adjustments to item degradation, FAVORITE OF ALL TIME. Playing BotW on PC via emulation just adds so much to the game, the clarity from the resolution boost alone is incredible and then you add the 90fps smoothness and it's just gaming nirvana. Best game ever made.
I was going to say this as well. It really is something else with CEMU.

Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC at 60+fps feels so much better with those slow detail animations. It was so annoying on the One X, still annoying on PC, but a lot less so at the higher framerate.

Would definitely replay the whole dishonored franchise if they ran 60 fps on PS5.

The games make Arkane studio the dev with highest average meta score, truly masterpieces.

Retinoid

Probably Demon's Souls PS3 vs emulated on RPCS3. While I really enjoyed the base PS3 version , the frame dips in Valley and other areas were seriosuly anoying and distracting. Couple this with the input lag of 30fps in a game where dodge timings are paramount and it did make me feel like I was playing something not quite at its full potential.

Fast forward a few years where I boot up RPCS3 with the 60fps mod, and wow what a difference. Half the input lag realy made all the difference and while there were still frame drops, they were no where near as bad as the PS3 version. It was an awesome experience and made me hyped for the remake.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I dont know if PS5 or Series S BC boosts them well, but anyone with a Series X should give Fallout 4 and Skyrim if you wanna give another try.

- 60 fps (it does chop up during big fights)
- much better load times
- make sure to add mods that make the visuals better (high texture mods and weather effects etc....)

Looks and plays like a different game, even though it's still a game from 10 years ago.

Last edited:
Ghost of Tsushima on PS5 could have been been my GOTY had I played it there first instead of PS4.
It's stunning at 60fps from the small bit of footage I've seen. I'm mostly a PC player and get annoyingly sensitive to 30fps and it was really the only complaint I had with GoT, well that, and the fact it's not Tenchu. Didn't stop me from bombing through the game though, very fun and immersive. I've said for a while now that GoT and Days Gone would be vastly better games at 60+fps.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Cant wait to test out the new ME remaster. Those old ass ME games ran anywhere from 10-30 fps on 360.

Google YT videos of final boss fight in ME 1 on 360 You can practically count the frames.

It's stunning at 60fps from the small bit of footage I've seen. I'm mostly a PC player and get annoyingly sensitive to 30fps and it was really the only complaint I had with GoT, well that, and the fact it's not Tenchu. Didn't stop me from bombing through the game though, very fun and immersive. I've said for a while now that GoT and Days Gone would be vastly better games at 60+fps.
Tenchu fan, huh?

GIF by moodman

I suppose it goes without saying that you have played Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice.

GoT was not as traditional as Tenchu, But it did scratch that itch. I fully embraced his abandonment of the old ways for the new, If you catch my drift.

Justin9mm

And that’s why I’m glad I waited to play it on PS5, it’s an amazing game at 60fps
My friend refuses to play the PS5 BC version, and waiting for a 'proper' PS5 released version. I said to him being at the end of the PS4 life, it was already top tier production and now its 60fps on PS5 there is no reason to wait but he doesn't believe me lol

BigLee74

Couldn’t get on with Prey at 30fps. I could tell there was a good game in there, but the fighting was frustrating.

At 60fps though on the XSX? One of the best games I’ve played in the past year!

nkarafo

Dead Space 2 @ 240fps felt amazing.

That sweet, CRT-like motion sharpness, that low input-lag. Playing old games @ ridiculously high fps is the only way to experience CRT quality nowadays.

cireza

Sekiro was much more enjoyable on Series X in 60fps. I can't play 30fps games anymore honestly (except on CRT of course), it became worse in recent years.

Last edited:

nowhat

I don't know if this applies, but God of War 2018 - I really really liked it when it was released. But decided to give it a whirl on PS5 and hoooly fuck is it good. It was already great, but the added fluidity makes it an absolute joy to play.

Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC at 60+fps feels so much better with those slow detail animations. It was so annoying on the One X, still annoying on PC, but a lot less so at the higher framerate.

Do you still have to micromanage gun repairs and so on with RDR2? I love RDR, but didn't pick up the sequel after reading about all the micromanages the developers implemented to artificially inflate and extend the playing time of the game.

T-Cake

After having played Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City on Xbox 360 at 720p30, then you go straight to 4K60 on PC. Wowzers. The combat is so much more fluid at higher FPS.

waquzy

Do you still have to micromanage gun repairs and so on with RDR2? I love RDR, but didn't pick up the sequel after reading about all the micromanages the developers implemented to artificially inflate and extend the playing time of the game.
Yes you do. But it ain’t as bad as you might think…

Kamina

Golden Boy
> Days Gone

How about 30 FPS games i loved and replayed in 60FPS and fucking loved them?
> God of War
> Ghost of Tsushima

Looking forward to FF7R now
Disappointed that RDR2, Horizon ZD and Death Stranding are still 30 FPS

Last edited:

Soodanim

Gold Member
dragons-dogma-dark-arisen-ps4-review-4.jpg

On PS3 it ran at about 320x240, and reached a high of 30fps for a few seconds if you sacrificed several goats.

The PC port had me playing at a proper resolution and at 144fps. Smooth.

*May be a slight exaggeration

TonyK

I'm playing Avengers now in PS5 and after several days of playing it I can say, same as I experienced with Assassins Valhalla, Spiderman etc, that 60fps doesn't add more enjoyment for me to the game. Instead of that, better graphics and 4K does it even at 30fps.

I played on PC for several years and always I capped to 30fps to achieve the better possible visuals in my rig.

Obviously, if I could choose I would want both, that's for sure. I like 60fps, but I like more 4K and graphic fidelity. Both will be a dream.

My friend refuses to play the PS5 BC version, and waiting for a 'proper' PS5 released version. I said to him being at the end of the PS4 life, it was already top tier production and now its 60fps on PS5 there is no reason to wait but he doesn't believe me lol

There might be something like this for the new HZD, but not for GoT.

Top Bottom