• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

25 Minutes of Saints Row Gameplay have leaked

Pedro Motta

sam winchester yawn GIF

I’m not convinced from what I have seen. The colour palette/art direction reminds me of a mixture of Agents of Mayhem and Crackdown 3.

As for the gameplay, I get the feeling I would get bored after a hour or so like I did with the last couple of Saints Row games.

One multiplayer element i would love to see return is Blinged Out Ride from the original 360 game, had some laughs with that.

Jennings

I'll wait till reviews and streamers are playing 1.0 + day one patch before making my decision. I'm still on the side of wanting the game some time down the line, leaked footage notwithstanding.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Tried playin Saints Row 2 on Xbox Series earlier this year and it was awful. Its just the ghetto wannabe gangsta version of GTA. I can’t imagine likin this series unless you played them as a teenager.

Got it on sale for $2, a good lesson that you get what you pay for.

I know Saints Row has never been a franchise to strive for realism in the graphics department, but the footage I just saw from the GameInformer coverage looks like an early Xbox One/PS4 game. Sunset Overdrive which is also a cartoony open-world game looked much better than this and that game is 8 years old.

jaysius

Banned
They might have had a chance if they launched the game in June to make it a mediocre trash game in a game drought, good luck trying to sell this when there is ANY competition.

This will even be a hard sell on DEEP sale.

Last edited:
Thing that stands out to me is character movement/animations looks very old fashioned and stiff. Also, you can't have sassy asshole humor when you write jokes without trying to offend anyone.

Maddux4164

This is the death nail in the franchise

Goodbye Saints Row

Maybe they’ll reboot it in 10-15 years. But no way they continue making this after sales/reviews this game are shit

I’ll give it a go on GamePass. Otherwise, it’s a hard pass.

Certinty

At first I felt people were just hating on this game for the sake of it.

But the more I’ve seen the worst it looks. Can’t remember the last time I saw a relatively big franchise release such a lifeless game.

Fbh

It kinda gives off a nostalgic feeling in how much it looks like a mid Xbox 360 era game. The mission design, the shooting, the overall gameplay, etc. If you told me this was a remaster of a mid 2009 game I'd believe it.

Also why is the draw distance so bad? There's details like shadow popping in a couple of meters in front of the car.

Nydius

This is the type of game that goes on heavy discount a month later.
Yep. Despite how generic it looks I still kinda want it just for the b-rated stupidity of it, but no way I'm buying at launch for full retail. This is the kind of game that will likely end up being $25 or cheaper by the holiday shopping season. Either that or after a few months of abysmal sales performance they'll take the cash to slap it up on Game Pass.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Nearly every game is the same shit these days
It reminds me too much of GTAV. I’ve done similar stuff. It’s more about your own imagination, but I can use my imagination with GTAO if I really tried. I definitely have a feeling like I’ve done this before. The scripted missions are great in GTA, but this same type of open world logic also caused me to skip Watch Dogs. I have come to the conclusion that all my eggs are in Rockstar’s basket and I’m fine with that.

In Rockstar we trust!

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

I am out after 27 seconds of watching the video. There is some sort of annoying distance viewing thing that goes dark on texture while the car is moving. I am guessing it's some sort of LOD of viewing details upclose vs far. Horrible

Edit: watched some shooting in the conference room ... FFs what is this ???

How can this game be worse than the previous games in both animation and shooting ???

Will get it from epic store when it's free next year.. Jesus

Last edited:
Top Bottom