• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2024 Console Screenshot Thread |OT| Bout time, where were you? Crazy Gaffer blows himself up in Cyberpunk, and we don't have pictures!

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Gran Turismo 7 ° PS5

53446312166_6c8daf8826_o.png
53446446688_c580ac756e_o.png

Hugare

This game's lighting is just something else

Technically, its not doing anythig special. But every scene is just fantasticaly lit by artists.

It's just good taste and atention to detail, nothing more

I've heard in an interview that there was a dedicated team only to lit environments/characters in this game, and it shows

Hopefuly they'll be able to mantain this level of quality on the sequel, despite being more open world-ish

PanzerCute

This game's lighting is just something else

Technically, its not doing anythig special. But every scene is just fantasticaly lit by artists.

It's just good taste and atention to detail, nothing more

I've heard in an interview that there was a dedicated team only to lit environments/characters in this game, and it shows

Hopefuly they'll be able to mantain this level of quality on the sequel, despite being more open world-ish
FF7R was one of the first game I played with my newly bought OLED tv (my first one) and I will never forget the lighting in this game, especially the scenes where you have to get close to the huge mako reactors: so powerful it was almost blinding.

The last 1/2 hours of the DLC were also insanely good looking with all the particle effects the bosses throw at you. And FF16 made my jaw dropped so many times... damn that Panzer Dragoon boss was batshit insane: felt like the boss attacks would come out of my TV.

Damn I can't wait to play Rebirth.

And tbh, Squix games really have something special in terms of lighting: even Star Ocean 6 impressed me with that (and that's almost a PS3/4 looking game on some areas).

Aion002

Your thoughts on the demo?
It's a cool game. The battle system reminded me of the Tales of series, but with a few own twists, the game runs great on the ps5, I had 0 issues.

The hub system is basically Monster Hunter, select a quest and go in to the stage, you can play coop or solo. My only criticism is that on the single player mode you can’t change characters on missions, only on the hub.

It's basically a current gen version of Ragnarok Odyssey Ace:

Overall I liked, I was initially interested in buying it at launch, but I won't. The game is not going to make me stop playing what I am playing right now and with FFVII Rebirth, Rise of The Ronin and Dragon's Dogma 2 being released so soon, it simply doesn't make sense for me to buy it at launch.

However, I will definitely buy it during black friday or some sale.

Fbh

Hogwarts Legacy / Ps5 / Balanced 40fps mode / Gameplay

FRJ94Is.jpg
IP8D0IU.jpg

Overall quite a nice looking game. I'm actually surprised they didn't patch in a photo mode given how much detail they put into some of the environments (the interiors in particular).
That said I do think it goes a bit overboard with the fog/haze. I get it outside (it's in Scotland after all) but in the interiors it just looks bad.

Top Bottom