• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2023 was the most watched Gamescom ONL in history. Viewership was up 66% over ONL 2022, and Gamescom had 320,000 attendees across the week in Cologne.

Starhowl

Microsoft really saved gamescom 2023 here 👍, if it wouldn't have been for them, it would've only be half as much of the fun. 🙏

Why Tekken 8 was named best Playstation game on gamescom 2023, although it's not a Playstation exclusive and also being released on Xbox as a Bandai-Namco game, and neither Sony nor the Playstation brand having been on the scene this year, is completely beyond me. :confused:

How can I win something when I don't even begin to show up for the competition? 🤔

That's where gamescom reached ultimate levels of brainwash and gaslighting! 😩

It was like: "Thanks for not showing up and treating me as non-existent, there you go enjoy your reward with all the publicity I can give to you! You didn't even appear on the field and there's no way you could've kicked that ball into the goal, which makes it clear: I'm gonna declare you as the winner!".

Last edited:

Kupfer

Was Valve at gamescom? Read something about Valve being there but didn't heard anything about them.

GrayChild

Yeah, cool....

But where's GTA 6?!

aeb70766-gta-6-fan-invades-gamescom-2023.jpg

Woopah

Microsoft really saved gamescom 2023 here 👍, if it wouldn't have been for them, it would've only be half as much of the fun. 🙏

Why Tekken 8 was named best Playstation game on gamescom 2023, although it's not a Playstation exclusive and also being released on Xbox as a Bandai-Namco game, and neither Sony nor the Playstation brand having been on the scene this year, is completely beyond me. :confused:

How can I win something when I don't even begin to show up for the competition? 🤔

That's where gamescom reached ultimate levels of brainwash and gaslighting! 😩

It was like: "Thanks for not showing up and treating me as non-existent, there you go enjoy your reward with all the publicity I can give to you! You didn't even appear on the field and there's no way you could've kicked that ball into the goal, which makes it clear: I'm gonna declare you as the winner!".
The award is for the best game on PlayStation, not the best game published by Playstation.

Whether Tekken 8 or Mortal Kombat 1 were exclusive or not is irrelevant.

Vitter.

This was like always a pointless show really. I understand that it must be pretty hard to have something good so many times during the year... I respect the work that team must do to produce it of course but it always feels like it could be a couple of tweets from those companies just to give some updates or a trailer.

Top Bottom