• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2023 Console Screenshot Thread |OT| Crap, Crap, Mega Crap, I'll Give Ya 200 Bucks for All of Them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Trepang2 ° PS5

53230000910_238618a056_o.png

53230001050_83924d2c87_o.png

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Scorn is such a good looking game. Some real haunting-ass Geiger art in motion if there ever was.

Roberts

Despite that so many people complain about this gen not being all that much of a leap graphically, these Remnant 2 (heavy TLOU vibes in some of the shots), Scorn and Lies of P screenshots show that AA games can look fucking amazing AAA quality. I mean, no disrespect to those few GoW screenshots on this page, but it doesn't look so much better, imo.

King Dazzar

Despite that so many people complain about this gen not being all that much of a leap graphically, these Remnant 2 (heavy TLOU vibes in some of the shots), Scorn and Lies of P screenshots show that AA games can look fucking amazing AAA quality. I mean, no disrespect to those few GoW screenshots on this page, but it doesn't look so much better, imo.
They do look good. But the art direction and sense of scale of GoW is on another level. Plus dont forget, these shots are in SDR. My understanding is that Lies Of P has decent HDR (but limited to around 1k nit peak. But Scorn and Remnant 2 dont have any. Just something I bear in mind.

Roberts

They do look good. But the art direction and sense of scale of GoW is on another level. Plus dont forget, these shots are in SDR. My understanding is that Lies Of P has decent HDR (but limited to around 1k nit peak. But Scorn and Remnant 2 dont have any. Just something I bear in mind.
Don't get me wrong - we all know that GoW looks amazing and the quality of textures, models and lighting is superior. What I wanted to say, I guess, is that finally the gap between AA and AAA has narrowed down to a point where at the first glance you don't see a huge difference. Speaking of HDR, it is weird that Remnant doesn't have it, but something tells me Scorn was an conceptual decision. I played the game last year and remember being impressed by the visuals in that drab, murky, maybe washed out way. I have a feeling HDR would take away some of its uniqueness. And I say that as a huge fan of HDR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom