• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2000s game music that makes you Nostalgic?

habibihijababy

Neo Member
Love seeing Tekken 4 on here. The early 00s is extremely nostalgic to me.

Blinx-Definitely has that early 00s vibe.

Buffy- surprisingly high production value for a video game based off a tv show

Still prefer tekken 4 soundtrack but DOA3 had the looks—this song was my favorite.

JSRF definitely defines the early 00s era for me.

Tschumi

Ah jeez... Obviously...

Age of Empires 2. Vanilla WoW. Dungeon siege. Morrowind. Oblivion. Wind Waker. Metroid Prime. Ssx tricky. Ssx 3. Operation Flashpoint. Metal Gear Solid 2. Metal Gear Solid 4. Age of Mythology. Civilisation 3. Civilization 4 (oh man, i am all about that uber-lion king opening menu track) Rise of Nations. Empire Earth. Halo. Ground Control. Homeworld. Sid Meier's Railroads! Warcraft 3. Diablo 2. Rome: Total War. Stronghold. Stronghold Crusader. Lumines. Valkyria Chronicles. Persona 3 Portable. Persona 4 Golden ... There are surely at least a dozen more...

Last edited:

OrionNebula

Mkl8Ix9.jpg

sublimit

Banned
The entire Chrono Trigger/Cross OST

Doesn't matter which track, they all take me back

This whole ost makes me incredibly nostalgic for a game that i still haven't played :messenger_grinning_smiling: (i do have the game though but it's still in my backlog.I only played the first couple of hours.) I really don't know how Mitsuda managed to do that. Are there some certain notes that trigger nostalgia even for things you haven't experienced?

I can't even imagine how nostalgic it must feel for those who actually played the game back when it came out.Same goes for Chrono Trigger.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Snake Eater (Metal Gear Solid 3)
Theme of Love (Metal Gear Solid 4)
To Zanarkand (Final Fantasy X)
Archades (Final Fantasy XII)
Super Smash Brothers Melee Main Theme
Title Screen (Wind Waker)
Dragon Roost Island (Wind Waker)
You're Not Here (Silent Hill 3)
Crashed Frigate Orpheon (Metroid Prime)

Good era for video game music.

Most fitting space game music outside of the Homeworld series. Still makes me remember the open vastness of space in that game.

Mabdia

2000 was an amazing year.

I'm feeling really old nowadays. Can't see games getting any better than the old days or even in the same league.

Too much good games back in the day.

S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
Call of Duty 4 & Halo 3 literally transport me back to my bedroom at my parent's house. The music moves me so deeply. It just reminds me of the all the sleepless teenage nights grinding the game out.

You don't know what I'd do to experience 2007 one last time. Xbox Live was peak back then.

Top Bottom