• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2 Months after release: Diablo IV is getting a 25% discount on all editions and a 25% XP bonus weekend

Drizzlehell

Banned
Yeah, nice try but I'm still not buying it.

I kept telling everyone that this is a waste of money because it's fucking Blizzard but everyone kept laughing at me.

See ya when this goes F2P next.

Last edited:

bigedole

I've got over 500h in it, easily got my money's worth. Combat is very fun, 4 characters to 100. I'm done with Season 1 and playing other games now, but definitely coming back for Season 2 and hoping they can fix the itemization/item chase issues that are holding the game back. The foundation is there for a great game though, lotta haters in here.

Draugoth

Gold Member
I've got over 500h in it, easily got my money's worth. Combat is very fun, 4 characters to 100. I'm done with Season 1 and playing other games now, but definitely coming back for Season 2 and hoping they can fix the itemization/item chase issues that are holding the game back. The foundation is there for a great game though, lotta haters in here.

Man you are a hero, i could barely get my characters to 80, leveling is a chore

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
GaaS thrives on fun, not fomo. Diablo IV isn't fun to play (for most people) for very long.

We're hearing "I'll check in for a week or two every season" a lot. The best GaaS games don't foster this kind of mentality. The Diablo formula has gotten long in the tooth.
So why aren’t we upset with PoE? They get a fraction of the players for a new season compared to D4.

Chris Wilson has even talked about this is the kind of engagement they get and expect.

So is PoE a shit GaaS as well even though it’s the gold standard for ARPGs ?

Laieon

I can name multiple GAAS games that have become huge hits without any FOMO elements added onto the product.

I can't name a single "one and done" game that has succeeded without a FOMO marketing blitz.

What does that tell you?

It tells me that you can name multiple GAAS games that have become hugh hits without any FOMO elements added onto the product, but are not able to make a single "one and done" hand that has succeeded without a FOMO marketing blitz.

Killer8

Seems about normal for a AAA release. I've seen games go as low as 50% off after just a few months.

Games devalue like crazy. Anyone with a bit of patience who doesn't care about play the new hotness on day one can save a ton of money.

marjo

For those who have played it, is it worth it just for the campaign if not interested in the GaaS aspects?

Puscifer

I'm still having fun with it, but I'm also on the opposite end of the spectrum from those who prefer stuff like PoE. Diablo IV is exactly what I want out of an ARPG. It definitely held my interest significantly longer than the D2: R, which just isn't what I want out of these games. I had fun with my initial playthrough, took a break to play a bit more TOTK, Age of Empires IV, and Two Point Campus, and started my 2nd character about 2 weeks ago.

I'm sure it got a big drop in players since launch, but what game doesn't? 2 months in the game industry might as well be an eternity, and if it's not a Nintendo release I'm sure you could find decent deals on anything in that time frame.
They nerfed builds that were actually effective against the level scaling. Grim Dawn is amazing and has hundreds of build combinations and doesn't punish you and it can take you literally 1000+hours to do all the content and cost like 12 bucks for the entire experience, it's mechanics eclipse D4 and I'm happy I decided to give it a try, screw Blizzard they're dead

Puscifer

For those who have played it, is it worth it just for the campaign if not interested in the GaaS aspects?
Why bother when they maliciously nerfed builds and skills to make the grind against their battle pass harder? It's not worth it, get Grim Dawn or something similar from developers who don't hate the people who buy their games

TBiddy

I quit after I finished the campaign. I was around lvl 53. I started the season but I lost all interest after 10 minutes or so. There wasn't nothing rewarding about the grind, or building my character. I never got that satisfaction of feeling more powerful as I leveled up, and the loot was bullshit. I liked the main story though. I thought that was good.

Same. The story was fine and all, but I didn't feel like starting from scratch in a new season. Especially since the waypoints doesn't fucking transfer.

Blizzard has a lot of work ahead of them.

marjo

Why bother when they maliciously nerfed builds and skills to make the grind against their battle pass harder? It's not worth it, get Grim Dawn or something similar from developers who don't hate the people who buy their games
Got it, thanks. I'll have a look at Grim Dawn.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Against my better judgment from the Beta weekend, where i really disliked what I played, I had hope that the final game would improve a lot and generally be better. Oh boy how wrong I was. Worst spend money in 2023.

Top Bottom