• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2 Months after release: Diablo IV is getting a 25% discount on all editions and a 25% XP bonus weekend

Draugoth

Gold Member
1120613.jpg

As shown on Blizzard's official Battle.net site, all editions of Diablo 4 are off by up to 25%, only 2 months after release (this has never happend to a Blizzard game before) resulting in the following prices (these are based on the numbers shown in the US shop):

• Standard Edition USD 54.59 (- 25%)
  • Digital Deluxe Edition: USD 71.99 (- 20%)
  • Ultimate Edition: USD 74.99 (- 22%)

Other Diablo-related discounts include Diablo II: Resurrected with a whooping 67% discount as well as Diablo 3 and its expansion, Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls, with a 50% discount:

Last edited:

Draugoth

Gold Member
Yeah my friends are just grinding like crazy, the game is a chore/a job more than anything. I'm waiting for the expansion and then Ill prolly jump in.

I imagine a lot of people will be quitting after Season 1. I finished S1 and unnnstaled it.

Tears of the Kingdom, Baldurs Gate 3, Starfield, i feel a lot of these games will kill the interest for GaaS games.

Last edited:

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
I imagine a lot of people will be quitting after Season 1. I finished S1 and unninstaled it.

Tears of the Kingdom, Baldurs Gate 3, Starfield, i feel a lot of these games will kill the interest for GaaS games.

At to the list MK1, Lies of P, Phantom Liberty, Lords of the Fallen, Spider-Man 2, Alan Wake 2, Like a Dragon, etc. this late half of the year is insanely packed that Blizzard is probably crying and panicking they cant bleed people out.

Winter John

Gold Member
I quit after I finished the campaign. I was around lvl 53. I started the season but I lost all interest after 10 minutes or so. There wasn't nothing rewarding about the grind, or building my character. I never got that satisfaction of feeling more powerful as I leveled up, and the loot was bullshit. I liked the main story though. I thought that was good.

Laieon

I'm still having fun with it, but I'm also on the opposite end of the spectrum from those who prefer stuff like PoE. Diablo IV is exactly what I want out of an ARPG. It definitely held my interest significantly longer than the D2: R, which just isn't what I want out of these games. I had fun with my initial playthrough, took a break to play a bit more TOTK, Age of Empires IV, and Two Point Campus, and started my 2nd character about 2 weeks ago.

I'm sure it got a big drop in players since launch, but what game doesn't? 2 months in the game industry might as well be an eternity, and if it's not a Nintendo release I'm sure you could find decent deals on anything in that time frame.

Last edited:
Baldur’s Gare 3 and Starfield are coming out and honestly, there are simply way too many games out and coming out now so some titles will most likely lose player base based on that I feel.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Orrrrrr, the fact that Diablo 4 is garbage and gamers are done dealing with this trash? 🤷‍♂️

Trash or not, it sold well, people played it a lot. Even my very casual friends bought it. Shockingly even trash games sell. Once this year ends and we have a break from all these games coming, people will return to grinding in it.

Von

Honeymoon phase really dropped off fast for me. Rolled an eternal realm Necro to 50, s1 Rogue to 25 and a s1 Necro to 16. Grand total of 52hrs since launch.

Hopefully when season 30 drops for Diablo 3, most of that team can start picking up the D4 pieces and possibly turn this around?

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Trash or not, it sold well, people played it a lot. Even my very casual friends bought it. Shockingly even trash games sell. Once this year ends and we have a break from all these games coming, people will return to grinding in it.
I don’t know what you do for a living, but if I had to guess…a defense lawyer? 🤷‍♂️

bender

What time is it?
I played the beta and my thought was damn, this looks like Diablo, way more diablo 3 did, but fuck it's boring.

Diablo 3 was fun, especially by the time it hit consoles and it still the best playing ARPG with a controller.

I don't hate how it looks either. *runs*

Laieon

Diablo 3 was fun, especially by the time it hit consoles and it still the best playing ARPG with a controller.

Diablo 3 on console is one of the best party games ever made. Absolute masterclass in couch co-op.

Irobot82

When it first came out it was so frustrating. When you finally got a legendary and it was the wrong stat for your class. It was the worst.

you have to extra dented to give blizzard your money after all the idiotic decisions they have done to all their franchises.

bender

What time is it?
When it first came out it was so frustrating. When you finally got a legendary and it was the wrong stat for your class. It was the worst.

Launch was frustrating. I had a Barb and was cock blocked on Act 1 (forgot the difficulty level naming) after beating the game. You couldn't get gear to upgrade in Act 1 and Act 2 just curb stomped me.

Laieon

Okay…I’m not going to discount what is fun to you…..still doesn’t make a game “good” though.

That's literally all I'm looking for in games, so I disagree.

Regardless, there's more to the spectrum than "Absolute garbage" and "Best game ever made", and I think DIV in it's current state is a pretty solid 7-8/10 - Good, not great.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
I had a lot of fun with Diablo 4 and Im sure I'll be back. But cant say Im surprised.

I mean theres just not much to do right now end-game wise and the competition is fierce out there. BG3, Starfield, Armored Core all slappin tits around.

GHG

One game I regret buying and they got me for ult edition

Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

Yep same, although not the ultimate edition, just base for me.

It's funny because I liked the game in the state that it launched but the updates since (nerfs/seasons) have really soured me. Maybe it will be good in 2 years time when they finally decide to stop fucking with it. But by the everyone who likes this genre will likely be playing POE2 anyway.

Mythoclast

They lost me when I realized I had to grind a new toon each season. Not willing to put the time to learn new builds tbh, rather play other games.

DavidGzz

No, it's a good game.

Yep, it's great. An 88 average isn't good anymore lol. People really drinking the influencer Koolaid. Everyone loves to hate on large companies and especially Blizzard.

This sale is normal. Big games that come out in October are on sale a month later for Black Friday. This is smart. They keep releasing patches that incrementally improve the game and they know it's a big weekend for Starfield so a sale plus bonus XP weekend is smart business.

Last edited:

Hot5pur

It's a great game and was a lot of fun. Still is to try different types of classes and builds.
But Blizzard thought it could use mostly recycled content to keep people interested. Why? There are so many good games coming out...
Also perhaps putting part of the skill tree into the items you collect themselves was perhaps not the best choice in the end. Kinda keeps you locked in trying to find the same affixes or holding on to things longer than needed, because swapping a piece of gear could sometimes break your build early on. I thought the itemization was kinda blah.

Top Bottom