• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

15 min. Call of Doodie Too video

Mrbob

Damn it.

I hate WW2 games....
I hate WW2 games....
I hate WW2 games....
Must resist.....
I hate WW2 games....
I hate WW2 games....
I hate WW2 games....
Must resist.....
I hate WW2 games....
I hate WW2 games....
I hate WW2 games....
Must resist....

newsguy

Guys, someone says that at the end of the video they say something about the 360, I can't watch this from work, what is it?

Mrbob

Hmm, completely nonlinear.

Interest rising.... :(

I can't rip on Call of Duty 2 to be a one and done experience now.

Too bad there is no co-op over Live.

newsguy

From the other thread:
Check out the developer's interview (long - 15 minutes) and listen to what he says about working with the 360 at the end. COD2 just shot to the top of my must-have launch list.

Can anyone tell me what they said?

Mrbob

The health system seems a little dumb though. If I understand it correctly, the player can automatically heal themself by taking cover. Is this HALO?

Mrbob

True.

He seems to like Xbox 360. I agree. :D I want Xbox 360 to dominate next gen in USA and Europe. :)

Dark10x will like the 60FPS duty.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Mrbob said:
Damn it.

I hate WW2 games....
I hate WW2 games....
I hate WW2 games....
Must resist.....
I'm trying to convince myself of this, and the fact that I don't need another FPS at launch, but I can't seem to do it. Crap, I really can't afford five games but I know that's what's going to happen.

Mrbob

Hmmm, from the developer interview it sounds like Infinity Ward has another Xbox 360 game in development. :)

newsguy said:
From the other thread:

Can anyone tell me what they said?

He basically said that the 360 is a great system and has a ton of potential. They said they seem to be using all 3 cores blah blah blah Great system Amazing power it will take a year for pc video cards to catch up blah blah I love 360 blah blah blah.

The thing was he actually seemed genuinely excited when he said that and didnt come off as just repeating PR fluff.

FightyF

Banned
He also said that he's amazed that people will be able to buy all this horsepower for $300. He mentions that the PC gamers won't see a comparable card for 6-10 months, and that it would cost $300 itself. He mentioned that to get 5.1 surround sound, a crazy fast CPU AND a cutting edge videocard for that price is amazing. He said that he wonders how anyone could be on the fence about it.

I agree. It's a pretty sweet deal!

HokieJoe

Hmmm, so Infinity Ward figured out the multithreading bit in two months huh. Wonder how long it'll take all of the other PC developers to figure it out. :)

HokieJoe

Cerrius said:
someone tell me the codec used in this video

for some reason it wont play for me

Under the properties for the file it says, "Windows Media Video 9 Advanced Profile". I'm running WM10, but it seems like it would work with WM9.

newsguy

Kabuki Waq said:
He basically said that the 360 is a great system and has a ton of potential. They said they seem to be using all 3 cores blah blah blah Great system Amazing power it will take a year for pc video cards to catch up blah blah I love 360 blah blah blah.

The thing was he actually seemed genuinely excited when he said that and didnt come off as just repeating PR fluff.

Thanks, I'll have to see the video when I get home. I'm really excited about this game.

Norse

hmm...I wonder if his statement about the 80 hr work weeks will come back to haunt the company. heh

looks good.

and trmas....a bigger shock would have been you not posting that trash.

trmas

Banned
Seriously. PC developers with the exception of Blizzard are all worthless IMO. CoD2 would have been at least worth a rental if they had included online coop. But no, they could not even manage that.

No coop. No sale, or even a rental.

hgplayer1

ugh the health system does sound like halo. not sure if thats a good idea for a game set in real life settings. they should have a hard mode where theres no health pack and no health recovery but that would require a save anywhere system.

wait a sec......hes gonna be in line on day one to buy a 360? yeah ok

Rorschach

The gameplay bits had already been shown :(

hgplayer1 said:
:lol He did go a little overboard. Even the tone in his voice made me cringe. Reminds me of the Dell Taco guy "I'm in heaven and the streets are paved with carne asada and I'm in a tortilla boat...and I have a hat and one of those things you look through!"

Mrbob

hgplayer1 said:
ugh the health system does sound like halo. not sure if thats a good idea for a game set in real life settings. they should have a hard mode where theres no health pack and no health recovery but that would require a save anywhere system.

Of course he will. He needs to pimp off his own goods. ;)

After listening to the interview again, looks like I was right about what I heard about the health system. I know his excuse is that he wants gamers in the action and not looking for health packs but I do not like this alternative. Halo of Duty 2.

3rdman

meh...I was being rude.

In any case, whats the point with the amount of self-ownage trmas does to himself anyways...

J2 Cool

hgplayer1 said:
ugh the health system does sound like halo. not sure if thats a good idea for a game set in real life settings. they should have a hard mode where theres no health pack and no health recovery but that would require a save anywhere system

I agree, didnt like the sound of that at all. Take as many shots in the heart, hand, leg, etc. As long as its not a head... Not to excited to hear that.

trmas

Banned
Actually, Kameo, PGR3, and I think PDZ will be the best looking "launch window" titles, and none of them are developed by PC developers. Most of the PC games I've seen are FPS's, not my cup of tea. In case you didn't notice, I said IMO.

Online coop was the only redeeming quality for this game - and they couldn't even manage that. Even Kameo is supposed to have this in some form, though I have no idea why. Coop would have made perfect sense for CoD2.

3rdman

hgplayer1 said:

Yeah, its more realistic to walk over a health pack and be suddenly at perfect health. ugh.

Uncle

3rdman said:
Yeah, its more realistic to walk over a health pack and be suddenly at perfect health. ugh.

And it's surprising how much first aid stuff you can find on a battlefield. Maybe hovering a bit above the ground, spinning slowly surrounded with a faint glow of light that makes you feel better.

Top Bottom