• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

12 Years ago today...

The genesis version of SSF2 was great, the SNES was better. Really you couldn't say the Genesis version sucked, that would be a diservice to Street Fighter 2, it was amazing either way.

Billy Rygar said:
I remember that day. I played Mortal Kombat for several hours and then went outside and tore a mans heart out with my bare hands (a technique I learned while playing the game). Anyways i was locked up for close to ten years (in a haunted prison no less. but thats a story for another day). When I got out I was greeted to grim scene of LITERALLY everyone under the age of 30 running around, jacking cars, beating people with baseball bats, and killing hookers. Great game though.
You win post of the week.

Anyanka

Red Scarlet said:
I thought the Genesis version was worse in how it played, mainly because it allowed 3-button controllers to be used, so some moves weren't even present (ducking low punch was an uppercut), and some moves were done differently? But I didn't really like MK1 for very long regardless.

Ducking low punch is an uppercut in every version of MK1.

Everything can be done on the 3 button controller. They just switched HP to forward + low punch and made certain moves easier(Cage's split punch, Sub-Zero's slide).

I somewhat prefer playing on the 3 button. It seems more responsive.

Red Scarlet

Hm, I seem to remember the ducking low punch in the arcade or SNES game..but they did change Kano's fatality to HP!

I think the whole thing about the blood/fatalities showed how shallow a fighter MK1 was..MK2 was a bit better, but still no SF2.

evil ways

I actually bought the Genesis version out of desperation. I went to the mall with $60 and the Snes version was $69.99 while the Genesis version was $10 less, and since I had to have MK1 on that very same day I bought it for Genesis.

The only thing that bothered me was the sounds, which were utter shit. I mean, I know the Genesis was always inferior but Arena fucked up the sounds on the T2 Arcade Game port as well.

Anyanka

It's QCF LP on the other versions, but not Genesis.

LP = LP. To do a HP you have to hold forward and press LP.

Genesis does have ok music. The grunts are horrible though. That's what's cool about the sega CD version. It has the genesis gameplay and cheats but with the arcade sound.

Those "PLAY IT LOUD" commercials were the shit. I remember they had footage of MK2 playing with "Butthole Surfers" rockin in the background. That shit blew me away when I was a kid. I loved it. That's what Nintendo needs to do again. They need to take that same commercial and throw in updated footage. Bring back the "Play it loud" campaign!!!!

GDGF

Soothsayer
Uno Ill Nino said:
Those "PLAY IT LOUD" commercials were the shit. I remember they had footage of MK2 playing with "Butthole Surfers" rockin in the background. That shit blew me away when I was a kid. I loved it. That's what Nintendo needs to do again. They need to take that same commercial and throw in updated footage. Bring back the "Play it loud" campaign!!!!

On and on my body burned...my feet were wet and cold...!

Yeah, it was a very dope commercial.

I wonder who was in my room that night...who the **** was in my bed!

Top Bottom