• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

10 Films To See In November (what are you watching?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlisle said:
Sold. I am weak. Just gonna be honest now. I've had a thing for her since Princess Diaries. Between this and that Black Swan movie, it's gonna suck to be my GF for a while :lol :lol

Though at first she'll be pleasantly surprised by my sudden interest in a romcom... though that will fade quickly into a lesson learned for her... and then for me probably shortly thereafter.
If you can score date night trips to both flicks without her realizing your ulterior motives, please share the stories and the aftermath. Could make for some good laughs. Be sure to act innocent.

"I had no idea Anne Hathaway would be strutting around nude and have so many sex scenes!"

"I had no idea Mila Kunis would eat out Natalie Portman like that. Isn't this an art film?"

kharma45

HP7 (I've tickets booked for the 19th :D) and Jackass 3D when it comes out here in the UK, probably won't get round to seeing it for a week or two yet though.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I don't go to the theater often, but I'll definitely be seeing Due Date. I'll see almost* anything with Zach Galifianakis.

* not g-force or that nut house movie

LowParry

I'm kinda curious about Skyline. Destruction and aliens. Couldn't go that wrong.........right? I love me some sci fi.

tass0

Banned
I'm really in the dark when it comes to movies, usually I just see the huge blockbuster like Inception, Dark Knight, etc... like maybe once every few months, but that was mostly because I don't know where to find out about upcoming movies!

Nao I has found dis thrad, and quite a few in the OP that I want to watch.

Thanks ;)

Jason's Ultimatum said:
Fair Game has a chance of being nominated for an Oscar? Good for Liman.

It's definitely a more Oscar-friendly film that anything he has done recently. With tough competition this year, it may be difficult.

Leatherface said:
thanks for that link. I ended up reading the spoilers because everyone in the thread was in an uproar about the credibility of the directors and the validity of this "documentary". I think I'm all set with this one now. Thanks for saving me from wasting my time with this garbage.

Yeah, I LOVED the first 2/3rds of the film and pretty much hated the end. But not because I was disappointed it wasn't
a thriller
or something.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Can't wait for Harry Potter, actually a bit disappointed it won't be in 3D as there were a few scenes I think would have been neat in 3D.

Also, poster of the year.

dhonesheet.jpg

Enco

DrForester said:
Can't wait for Harry Potter, actually a bit disappointed it won't be in 3D as there were a few scenes I think would have been neat in 3D.

[Image above]
Hogwarts :(

Haven't seen the last movie but I'll be watching these two.

kharma45

Enco said:
Hogwarts :(

Haven't seen the last movie but I'll be watching these two.

You didn't miss much, HP6 was shit. You'd be better off enjoying the book and ignoring the film if you haven't read it already.

brianjones said:
due date doesn't look funny to me.. at all

127 hours and harry potter i guess

Yeah it looks pretty shitty.

King's Speech, Fair Game and Harry Potter for me.

Maybe 127 Hours in theaters too since I heard the amputation scene gets some crazy reactions from the audience haha.

Discotheque said:
Yeah it looks pretty shitty.

King's Speech, Fair Game and Harry Potter for me.

Maybe 127 Hours in theaters too since I heard the amputation scene gets some crazy reactions from the audience haha.
By crazy reactions you mean people passing out during many screenings?

:lol

Haha yeah. Last I heard about fainting in theatres was during Passion of the Christ.

Should be a pretty cool film to watch with an audience I think

Ridley327

CcrooK said:
I'm kinda curious about Skyline. Destruction and aliens. Couldn't go that wrong.........right? I love me some sci fi.
It has Eric Balfour as one of the leads and is being done by the same guys who did AVP: Requiem. It would be more surprising if it wasn't worse than what Syfy has playing that Saturday.

Blader

It's not even that graphic.

The most intense part of the scene for me was that fucking BASS, pounding right into my chest. :lol

Discotheque said:
Should be a pretty cool film to watch with an audience I think

Oh, it's worth the price of admission just to hear and see everyone else squirming in their seats. :lol

lethial

Reeeeeeee
DrForester said:

[im.g]http://media.mugglenet.com/i//movie7/dhonesheet.jpg[/img]

It says Real 3D right on the poster or did they change it?

CcrooK said:

I thought the same thing when I saw a commercial for it. Then I remembered that it's November. If it was entertaining it would've been a summer blockbuster.

Due Date was pretty funny. Definitely no Hangover, but Zach and Downey Jr. are completely entertaining throughout. Aside from a few solid cameos, they are the whole film. It gets insane and completely unrealistic (even more than The Hangover), which might put off some people but I liked it.

Hmm I plan to watch:

Harry Potter (this is a must)
Unstoppable
Faster (mostly to see if The Rock can redeem himself)
Tangled
and Due Date

The rest I'll rent later on.

Due Date
Skyline
HP7
Faster
Tangled
The Next 3 Days

I will probably get dragged to the TP movie, which will result in Skyline being the payback.

faridmon

I am so pissed that Disney is not making another 2D movie. I was so hyped about Tangled as I thought it was 2D animation all along. Oh boy the dissapoinment hurts. I'll probably watch it as I really liked BOLT.

Also, Massivaly hyped for Due Date. I haven't laughed in a movie before the Hangover.

gerg

Boy, The Next Three Days is old. I'm sure I saw it in England at least a year ago. It's got some clever elements in it, but it is, of course, ultimately quite nonsensical.

Edit: My mistake. It is a recent remake of the French film "Pour Elle", which was released in 2007.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
faridmon said:
I am so pissed that Disney is not making another 2D movie. I was so hyped about Tangled as I thought it was 2D animation all along. Oh boy the dissapoinment hurts. I'll probably watch it as I really liked BOLT.
Disney has a traditionally animated Winnie the Pooh coming next July. That's where the Princess and the Frog crew went. Word is also out that Disney and Clements/Musker are planning a 2D adaptation of Mort of the Discworld book series.

I just don't see how 127 hours can be stretched out into a full movie - one guy, trapped under a rock... doesn't really seem like enough content to satisfy 90 minutes. Perhaps i'll just have to go and see it now and find out how they pulled it off.

My mum will want to see The King's Speech because she's a speech therapist.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Dan said:
Word is also out that Disney and Clements/Musker are planning a 2D adaptation of Mort of the Discworld book series.
Ho-ho-holy shit, I'd totally missed that news. Awesome if true.
Still bumbed they killed The Snow Queen. And King of the Elves. And Newt, for that matter. And I'm not happy about Brenda Chapman being replaced on Brave, either.

Man, things were looking up for Disney for a little while. :(

Expendable. said:
For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow is Enuf (Tyler Perry; Nov. 5th)

colored_girls.jpg

Synopsis: A drama centered on a group of black women whose lives and experiences intersect at a 12-step healing program.

Trailer

Why You Should See It: Based on Ntozake Shange's 1975 play, this adaptation could very well be Tyler Perry's best film and for a fan, one well worth checking out.

very delicately worded blurb, hahaha I see you

title been shortened to FCG

ymmv

Banned
Tangled. I've been looking forward to this for a long time. This is the first CGI movie from Disney that's a full blown musical with Alan Menken songs just like in the glory years in the late eighties, early nineties.

tangled-teaser-poster.jpg

Arozay

I NEED SCISSORS said:
I just don't see how 127 hours can be stretched out into a full movie - one guy, trapped under a rock... doesn't really seem like enough content to satisfy 90 minutes.
Yeah, I'm not gonna run out and see it cause I didn't like Buried for the same reason.

YOU MAKE VEEDEO

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
demosthenes said:
So anybody know on Harry Potter? Was it shot in Imax or just being played on Imax screens?
Shot in 35mm. Converted to IMAX.
The only Hollywood movies that have been partly shot in IMAX were The Dark Knight and Transformers 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom